All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Free books, albeit obscure, if you want complete collections
Post #1 Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:07 pm 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 4
Was liked: 63
GD Posts: 150
KGS: aokun
For those of you who aspire to complete collections...

As I was leaving the SportAccord games in Beijing, one of the IGF organizers handed me a stack of extra rule books. There are two books. One is "Rules of Weiqi (Go) 2002" approved by the Chinese Weiqi Association. Sort of a yellowy pea-green color. The other, more a small pamphlet, is "Duties of Referee and Arbitration Commission Ordinance of Go Competition" approved by the International Go Federation and is specific to the SportAccord World Mind Games 2011 Beijing, down to the purple colors and space age font the games used. Both are dual language, English from one direction, Chinese from the other. I've got four extra Duties books and sixteen extra Rules books. PayPal me postage and I'll mail you books.

I can't quite promise they will improve your play though. Quoting at random from the Duties book: "3.4 After receiving the report of appeals, the Arbitration Committee should investigate the validity of the report and decide whether it is in accordance with the procedure." Vital stuff, no doubt, but not likely to swing too many games your way.

Andy

Andy

Post subject: Re: Free books, albeit obscure, if you want complete collect
Post #2 Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:24 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 64
Was liked: 2
GD Posts: 10
I am interested in those two books. If you let me know how much the postage is to The Netherlands I will PayPall you. (email: tvanees at xs4all.nl) Theo

Post #3 Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:17 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 1
Was liked: 10
Darn, looks as if Theo beat me out. If for any reason you don't send them off to the Netherlands, I would dearly love to purchase them.

chiwito

P.S. Theo, is there anything I could send you in trade for them????

Post #4 Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:59 am 
Dies in gote

Hmmm, I didn't read Aokun's original post well enough and didn't realize that there are multiple copies. Great news. Now I won't have to sell my dogs and my tiki bar to get enough money to pay Theo to give up his copies. Aokun, please save me a copy of each. Thanks hugely.

chiwito

Post #5 Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:41 pm 
Dies in gote

Aokun, thank you much; got the books and added them to my collection. Interesting to browse, although you are right that they won't strengthen my game. No worries; all I worry about these days is strengthening my collection.

Post #6 Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:55 pm 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 4
Was liked: 63
GD Posts: 150
KGS: aokun
chiwito wrote:
Aokun, thank you much; got the books and added them to my collection. Interesting to browse, although you are right that they won't strengthen my game. No worries; all I worry about these days is strengthening my collection.

My pleasure. Happy to support a bibliophile!