Post #1 Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:54 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
OGS: Jubba
Online playing schedule: OGS
Aus EST 8pm-10pm
Hi guys,

I have been browsing the L19 forums for quite a while now, especially the study journals. I decided it's finally time to take the plunge to post my own journal.

I've been playing go for about 18 months. But the last 12 months have been busy as I've been juggling major exams and work. I still have further exams coming up in 6 months. So the combination of work and study limits my "Go time" to about 3-5 hours per week.

My plan is:

Play 4 correspondence games at a time.
    -1 live game per week. (1 hour) + Analysis (1 hour)
    -1 hour of tsumego per week. (tsumego pro on android and elementar go problems vol 2)
    -Ever alternate week listen to lecture or do some general reading. (Currently reading shape up)
    -Last but not least try update this thread with progress at least fornightly and post a game for review/discussion.

Cheers
Jubba

Post subject: Re: A bit of go
Post #2 Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:11 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 13
Was liked: 24
OGS: Saint Ravitt
Sounds like a great idea! I commend you. I believe that I speak for the rest of the L19 community in saying that we'll be happy to help out with your progress as we're able. Good luck in your study of Go.

Post subject: Re: A bit of go
Post #3 Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:17 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 237
Was liked: 662
GD Posts: 4312
Online playing schedule: Every tenth February 29th from 20:00-20:01 (if time permits)
Welcome, and good luck. Although I fear that may not be enough. As Joel says, there will be plenty of people here offering to help if you need it.

BTW, why did I have this picture of Jubba the Hatt playing in front of an oversized go board?