It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Inseong Hwang Workshop in Seattle!
Post #1 Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:41 pm 
Honinbo

Liked others: 1600
Was liked: 1711
KGS: Kirby
Tygem: 커비라고해
Legendary go teacher and ex-yunguseng, Inseong Hwang, will be holding a workshop at the Seattle Go Center* on Saturday, August 22nd and Sunday, August 23rd.

This workshop will be unique. In addition to the standard go lectures you might expect to receive at a workshop, this event will also feature a mini-tournament league where Inseong will personally review your games and answer your questions! This way, you'll be able to directly apply what you've learned, and receive immediate feedback on ways to improve your game.

If you've been following my study journal, you've probably heard reference to Inseong on a regular basis. That's because Inseong is an excellent teacher, who I'd highly recommend to anyone interested in enjoying go more. The depth of Inseong's knowledge is amazing, and his ability to teach has been proven by the hundreds of students that have learned under his instruction. You can find a few sample videos here.

Don't miss this opportunity! If you're able to make it to Inseong's workshop, you won't regret it. It's a very unique opportunity for the Seattle Go Center, and we're very excited to take advantage of it, and to receive his instruction in person. :salute:

Come to the Seattle Go Center to take advantage of this unique opportunity!

Workshop Details
- Saturday, August 22nd from 10am-6pm; Sunday, August 23rd from 10am-5pm
- Optional dinner on Saturday night!
- Official posting by the Seattle Go Center: http://www.seattlego.org/events/inseong-hwang-wkshp/

---

* Can't make it to the Seattle Go Center? Don't worry! Inseong will also be making an appearance at the 2015 US Go Congress in Minnesota this year... But still... Seriously, come to the workshop at the Seattle Go Center!

This post by Kirby was liked by 2 people: In-seong, xed_over

Post subject: Re: Inseong Hwang Workshop in Seattle!
Post #2 Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:43 am 
Honinbo

Liked others: 1600
Was liked: 1711
KGS: Kirby
Tygem: 커비라고해
I'd like to post a reminder that Inseong's Workshop at the Seattle Go Center will be held next Saturday, on August 22nd.

If you are on the fence about attending, I would highly recommend that you join. Last week, Inseong attended the US Go Congress, and his lectures were a hit. He held about one lecture per day, and each day, more and more people attended, as word got out of his teaching.

So please stop on by for Inseong's workshop next Saturday. You won't regret it!

Post subject: Re: Inseong Hwang Workshop in Seattle!
Post #3 Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:56 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 117
Was liked: 31
KGS: Bray
Kirby wrote:
I'd like to post a reminder that Inseong's Workshop at the Seattle Go Center will be held next Saturday, on August 22nd.

If you are on the fence about attending, I would highly recommend that you join. Last week, Inseong attended the US Go Congress, and his lectures were a hit. He held about one lecture per day, and each day, more and more people attended, as word got out of his teaching.

So please stop on by for Inseong's workshop next Saturday. You won't regret it!

He was the sleeper hit of the congress lectures. Off in a separate building, by the 5th lecture it was standing room only. Practical and focused, the techniques he was teaching were all applicable to mistakes I make and see in the single-digit kyu games.

This post by jdl was liked by 2 people: In-seong, Kirby