It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Kombilo 0.8.3
Post #21 Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:54 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 192
Was liked: 190
ugoertz wrote:
The new version is out, and should run much more smoothly on Macs with homebrew (icon appearance and "only one mouse button" option fixed). Selecting the search region on Macs now (by default) works using the standard ("left") mouse button and dragging. You can switch between this and the Kombilo default (right-click+drag) by (de-)selecting the "only one mouse button" in the advanced options editor (Options menu -> Edit advanced options).

In 0.8.3, Ctrl-dragging with the trackpad now works, and the icons show up nicely as well.

Thank you!

Marcel

Post subject: Re: Kombilo 0.8.4
Post #22 Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:57 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 34
I just uploaded version 0.8.4 which has a number of small improvements over 0.8.3, in particular for building sgf trees (e.g., there is now a "Stop button" to interrupt building the tree; and symmetries are handled more correctly).

In principle, computing pattern search trees does work well with large SGF collections. I experimented with around 1.6 million games and more than ten thousand pattern searches in the SGF tree, and will upload one of the resulting "joseki dictionaries" one of these days. In that case, however, it is very much advisable to select the "Reset game list" option. Otherwise on quitting the program, cleaning up the databases will take pretty long.

Download and further information

Ulrich

This post by ugoertz was liked by 4 people: Bonobo, emeraldemon, Marcel Grünauer, pleiade67

Post subject: Re: Kombilo 0.8.1
Post #23 Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:02 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 5
Was liked: 18
Dear Ulrich,

Thank you for updating again kombilo.
If you are interested in distributing a Mac version of kombilo which could be used by everyone, without installing anything else,
I can build a self-contained Mac OSX .app version from the windows exe using winebottler. The .app will contain all the required libraries as well as wine (the only drawback is that the file will be quite large : 300 MO).

Best,
--

Last edited by pleiade67 on Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This post by pleiade67 was liked by: Bonobo

Post #24 Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:38 am 
Dies in gote

Dear pleiade67,

pleiade67 wrote:
If you are interested in distributing a Mac version of kombilo which could be used by everyone, without installing anything else,
I can build a self-contained Mac OSX .app version from the windows exe using winebottler. The .app will contain all the required libraries as well as wine (the only drawback is that the file will be quite large : 700 MO).

That would certainly be welcome from my point of view, and if you like, I will be glad to host the file on the kombilo web site.

Some further comments. I have briefly been looking into building a "Python wheel" for Mac OS X. This would facilitate the installation of the native version insofar as compiling the C++ extension would be done when creating the wheel, rather than by the user during installation. However, the issue of installing (suitable) Tcl/Tk packages would remain, as far as I understand.

One could go on and create a fully self-contained package similar to the Windows package (using a tool like PyInstaller). This would not require Wine nor winebottler and hence would be much smaller, I suppose, but it would take more time to set things up properly. So for the moment I have postponed this, and the winebottler package could be a good alternative. (If you would like to investigate the wheel/pyinstaller route, I would also be glad to discuss this further.)

Best, Ulrich

This post by ugoertz was liked by: Bonobo

Post #25 Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:22 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 5
Was liked: 18
Dear Ulrich,

I have sent you a PM with a link to a standalone Mac OS X version of kombilo-084.
Really happy to contribute to the distribution of your invaluable software !

Best regards,

Post subject: Corner dictionary
Post #26 Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:32 am 
Dies in gote

ugoertz wrote:
In principle, computing pattern search trees does work well with large SGF collections. I experimented with around 1.6 million games and more than ten thousand pattern searches in the SGF tree, and will upload one of the resulting "joseki dictionaries" one of these days.

I uploaded a corner dictionary with more than 100,000 moves (in comparison, Kogo's Joseki Dictionary has around 62,500 moves). Of course, in the file I produced there are no comments about the quality of moves. It is generated from a database with more than 1.6 million games, mostly amateur (KGS 4d+) games.

Ulrich

This post by ugoertz was liked by 2 people: Marcel Grünauer, pleiade67

Post subject: Kombilo 0.8.4 Package for Mac OS X
Post #27 Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:08 am 
Dies in gote

pleiade67 wrote:
I have sent you a PM with a link to a standalone Mac OS X version of kombilo-084.
Really happy to contribute to the distribution of your invaluable software !

Thanks, pleiade67, that's a great way to quickly get started with Kombilo on a Mac.

The file can be downloaded here. It's a much larger download (80 MB) than Kombilo itself because it includes Python and all the required libraries. The installation then consists just of unpacking the zip file; after that you can start the resulting app folder as an executable program.

Best, Ulrich