It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Baduk TV is on the air (again)
Post #81 Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:23 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 127
Was liked: 34
GD Posts: 24
Kaya.gs wrote:
babo wrote:
everyone laughing at gogameguru dont even know when baduktv can trick them into tell plan and get all of customer^^. so naive show baduktv tol make website and give for freeadvertise from webste now badutkv make even better best in world websitehttp://www.baduktv.kr/baduk/user/main and soon will have all of custmer. myfriend work at baduktv already told me a gogamegru can even compete because it is only 1 or2 people and baduktv is whole building people. now gogameguru islook idiot for being trick and all poeple will laugh and go away form them. dont buy from them loserget first and best baduk website http://www.baduktv.kr/baduk/user/userRegister 5$ only^^

Is this real life? Or is it just fantasy?

This guy actually registered to write this?
I haven't seen any verification for the $5 price. From what I understand, they will only be offering the streaming service directly, while GoGameGuru is offering on-demand, some with English dubs or subtitles. Also GoGameGuru says that once they move to their own dedicated servers, the quality will be increased to 720p. However, BadukTV would certainly offer this as well.

"Those who calculate greatly will win; those who calculate only a little will lose, but what of those who don't make any calculations at all!? This is why everything must be calculated, in order to foresee victory and defeat."-The Art of War

Post #82 Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:14 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 2
Was liked: 4
KGS: Lamb
IGS: Lambykinz
Kaya handle: Lamb
babo wrote:
everyone laughing at gogameguru dont even know when baduktv can trick them into tell plan and get all of customer^^. so naive show baduktv tol make website and give for freeadvertise from webste now badutkv make even better best in world websitehttp://www.baduktv.kr/baduk/user/main and soon will have all of custmer. myfriend work at baduktv already told me a gogamegru can even compete because it is only 1 or2 people and baduktv is whole building people. now gogameguru islook idiot for being trick and all poeple will laugh and go away form them. dont buy from them loserget first and best baduk website http://www.baduktv.kr/baduk/user/userRegister 5$ only^^

Lol I seriously doubt you're actually a 7 dan player...I know I shouldn't be saying that but that really does look like spam mail like SoDesuNe said haha.

So take my hand
Chase the sky and watch it burn
Waiting for the world to turn

Post #83 Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:26 am 
Lives in gote

So- BadukTV is now offering video on demand. David, could you explain what extra we are getting by going through GoGameGuru? :scratch:

"Those who calculate greatly will win; those who calculate only a little will lose, but what of those who don't make any calculations at all!? This is why everything must be calculated, in order to foresee victory and defeat."-The Art of War

Post #84 Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:45 pm 
Gosei

Liked others: 90
Was liked: 837
KGS: Capsule 4d
Tygem: 치킨까스 5d
babo wrote:
Translation:
Gentlemen, it appears that GoGameGuru fails to realize that BadukTV is tricking them into advertising their plan and getting all of its customers. I fear that GoGameGuru is naive, showing BadukTV how to make a website and providing free advertisement for them. As a result, BadukTV will have the best of both worlds and will soon have all the customers.

My opinion is valid because my friend works at BadukTV, who has told me that GoGameGuru can't compete because GoGameGuru is operated by only one or two people while BadukTV has an entire building of people. It appears that GoGameGuru looks idiotic for getting tricked, and now everyone will laugh and go away from them. Do not buy from them, rather check http://www.baduktv.kr/baduk/user/userRegister as it's only $5.

Best regards,
babo

This post by Solomon was liked by 2 people: emeraldemon, Jedo

Post #85 Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:36 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 192
Was liked: 357
nagano wrote:
So- BadukTV is now offering video on demand. David, could you explain what extra we are getting by going through GoGameGuru? :scratch:
We've been ignoring the comments about that, because to the best of our knowledge they're incorrect. Random people have been saying things on this site and others. They've also been sending us hate mail and leaving bizarre comments on Go Game Guru, which we autoblock. I actually thought the L19 mods would delete that comment, since it unfairly slanders Baduk TV and calls us idiots, but whatever.

We're still working with Baduk TV and we're still continuing with the same arrangement. That is, Baduk TV will sell a live streaming service on their site and Go Game Guru will sell live streaming plus video on demand. The situation is exactly the same as what I've described previously, so I won't restate it now.

Baduk TV did upload a few old videos to YouTube for promotional purposes, but that's not an on demand service. Those are just samples. We'll continue updating the Go Game Guru library with recent games each week, as well as uploading some games from other high profile matches (e.g. last year's Fujitsu Cup final) when there's room in the schedule. For example, right now, until the LG Cup starts, the pro circuit is a bit quiet, but there are still new games from the Prices Information Cup and the GG Auction Cup. Kim Dayoung and Kim Sooyoung are two young women worth noting who've been doing really well in the GG Auction Cup, and we're uploading their games.

Younggil will be finalising some details with Baduk TV in Korea next week and after that we'll bring a better quality live stream online for beta subscribers to test. We've also been doing some testing of subtitles and I'll upload that for comments from beta users soon. Last week was crazy (we were in Sydney teaching go to beginners) so I didn't have time to do it.

@nagano, I know you've subscribed to the beta service, and if you (or any other subscriber) isn't happy for any reason, you can say so here or email me and I'll do my best to fix it. If you have specific questions that I haven't answered here, please email me. And if you are happy, please let people know, because so far we've mostly just been attacked by people who haven't even tried the service and don't know what they're talking about.

I'm sorry for not responding earlier. I realise now that you were concerned about this. I just don't have time to take every random accusation from the internet seriously, because I'm working on this project and others and trying to promote go. And to be honest, I have to ignore negative comments if they're not constructive because they're incredibly demotivating and hurtful. We're not some huge corporation trying to take over the world. We're just a group of friends trying our best to tell more people about a game we love. And doing so does involve raising some money so we can promote go more effectively.

P.S.

I don't know where kusto, bebo and others get their information, like the $5 thing (and I don't know why they're so aggressive about it), but it's not what we're hearing from the people who are actually in charge of the project. None of the people making these claims have subscribed to our beta service, so they have no idea about it. Younggil, says there's now a cultural problem in Korea where internet users flame people to the point where several public figures committed suicide recently. Our best guess is that somehow? :scratch: we've attracted some of those kinds of people (fortunately not that many). They apparently have nothing better to do. All we can do is ignore it and keep working. There's no point taking them seriously.

Go Game Guru: Learn Go | How to Get Better at Go | Go Game Shop | Go Boards | Baduk TV

This post by gogameguru was liked by 5 people: nagano, oren, Phelan, SoDesuNe, TKP

Post #86 Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:17 pm 
Gosei

Liked others: 90
Was liked: 837
KGS: Capsule 4d
Tygem: 치킨까스 5d
babo: Personal attacks are not tolerated on this forum. Please take the time to read and follow the forum rules. Consider this a warning.

This post by Solomon was liked by: TKP

Post #87 Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:24 pm 
Lives in gote

Thanks David, I was just a little confused, nothing to do with the Naver-translate troll. :) Sorry if I came off as confrontational, that was not my intention. I misunderstood a post on BadukTV's Facebook page about those Youtube videos, and thought they were announcing an on-demand service.

As for the service, I'm pretty happy with it so far, except for the resolution, which I know you're working on. One other thing that bothers me is that some of the on-demand videos do not fill the screen, though I've noticed this issue less in your more recent videos. Was it an issue with the recording software? Anyway, keep up the good work. :clap:

This post by nagano was liked by: TKP

Post #88 Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:17 pm 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 8
Was liked: 21
gogameguru wrote:
It seems that Kusto is going to be furious with me no matter what I say now and he appears to be waging a one person PR campaign against Go Game Guru. Certainly I could've been clearer and more tactful in the first place, and I'm sorry about that.

Why would i be furious? :roll: like i said, if theirs is cheaper i will be buying from them direct. i am not your enemy, so it would be nice if you stopped adding me to your rants. :bow:

gogameguru wrote:
I don't know where kusto, bebo and others get their information

i already said where the "test server" link was from...
kusto wrote:
the link is being passed around on twitter and various blogs

Post #89 Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:13 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 7
Was liked: 8
kusto wrote:
gogameguru wrote:
It seems that Kusto is going to be furious with me no matter what I say now and he appears to be waging a one person PR campaign against Go Game Guru. Certainly I could've been clearer and more tactful in the first place, and I'm sorry about that.

Why would i be furious? :roll: like i said, if theirs is cheaper i will be buying from them direct. i am not your enemy, so it would be nice if you stopped adding me to your rants. :bow:

gogameguru wrote:
I don't know where kusto, bebo and others get their information

i already said where the "test server" link was from...
kusto wrote:
the link is being passed around on twitter and various blogs

Kusto, I can see that there was a disagreement earlier but maybe you need to ease off. He's just explained how much pressure they're under already. I signed up at Gogameguru and it's been very good so far. There are more videos than I can watch and a few of them are even in English. Every time I've had a question I've emailed David and he's responded politely and in good time. He's very helpful and takes suggestions seriously and fixes problems quickly. I also get the feeling that he's quite busy so he probably doesn't have time to reflect on the differences between you disagreeing strongly and babo being insulting. I think a bit of good old fashioned courtesy would go a long way here for both of you.

You wrote somewhere on this forum that it was $5 I think. I tried the site you linked to but it didn't work properly and there were no prices. Even if you intend to buy it from the others you should remember who got all this started. I certainly hope that the claims made here about Baduktv are not true because I wouldn't want some of my money going to people who think that sort of behavior is acceptable. If something happens to Gogameguru I won't be joining up with the others. It does seem strange that it's taking so long to get a live video sorted out when everything else already seems to be working. I've been worried about that too nagano and I hope An Younggil and David haven't been too trusting.

This post by TKP was liked by: helofloki

Post #90 Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:26 am 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 8
Was liked: 21
its working for me :scratch: but they changed it to $7.
also it only works if you are logged in. :salute: the link comes from the source file on the website baduktv.kr :bow: i first heard it from kgs.

Post #91 Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:04 pm 
Lives in gote

kusto wrote:
its working for me :scratch: but they changed it to $7.
also it only works if you are logged in. :salute: the link comes from the source file on the website baduktv.kr :bow: i first heard it from kgs.
I see where it says the price now, it's easy to miss.

Post #92 Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:29 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 1
Was liked: 0
Sorry for Bad english but what does "Video on Demand" means? Thanks..

Post #93 Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:33 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 1
Was liked: 0
Sorry One more question..does baduk.tv work on iPad? We wehrend succesfull in our tr ..

Post #94 Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:50 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 4
Was liked: 47
Universal go server handle: djllap
manastin wrote:
Sorry for Bad english but what does "Video on Demand" means? Thanks..

Video on Demand means that you can watch programs that have already been broadcast online whenever you want. This way, if you miss the show you wanted to see because of time zone difficulties, you can watch it later.

Post #95 Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:31 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 4
Was liked: 1
I just want to add that I am also a happy gogameguru customer. Living in the eastern US, on demand is way more convenient for me anyway. It is fun every once in a while staying up and trying to watch, but it's unrealistic. Here, the LG coverage went from 12am-6am. BC card cup was the same.

I would also like to reiterate what TKP said in that David is incredibly conscientious. I did not expect an e-mail back when I e-mailed them (it's only a couple of people working the website) and when I did get an e-mail, it was thoughtful and addressed what I had written. These are the early stages and I am happy to support them.

Post #96 Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:37 pm 
Judan

Liked others: 1103
Was liked: 1456
GD Posts: 1512
Kaya handle: Test
[admin]

Bebo bashed gogameguru.

Araban wrote:
babo: Personal attacks are not tolerated on this forum. Please take the time to read and follow the forum rules. Consider this a warning.

Then bebo attacked Araban, using numerous obscenities.

So I banned babo.

[/admin]

Post #97 Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:16 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 163
Was liked: 24
KGS: 4kyu
Are the Kifus for the (I can't read Korean) "KB" event that has been airing today available online somewhere? I saw an interesting game and wanted to look at it but have no idea which game it was and was hoping they were posted somewhere.

Post #98 Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:57 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 91
Was liked: 254
I am guessing that KB events are Korean Baduk League games. The game records for those games can be found at the league web site (http://kbleague.com/baduk/) as well as on Tygem/Cyberoro/WBaduk sites.

You cannot download the SGF (Korea, as a nation, is fond of bad technology like ActiveX and proprietary file formats...oops, was I ranting?), but you can replay the game in your web browser.

Post #99 Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:05 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 163
Was liked: 24
KGS: 4kyu
Thanks! It's clear from the front page of that site that it's the right event. Maybe I'll be able find the game from matching up the faces. :clap:

Post #100 Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:09 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 5
Was liked: 36
Ortho wrote:
Thanks! It's clear from the front page of that site that it's the right event. Maybe I'll be able find the game from matching up the faces. :clap:

Some/few sgf, and pairings, teams, etc. in latin letters: http://igokisen.web.fc2.com/kr/kl.html
Face-to-name matching: http://kivi.pythonanywhere.com/pro

This post by kivi was liked by 3 people: Ortho, quantumf, xed_over

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next