It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Invasion&Reduction . Lee Chang-Ho . Complete SGF Collection
Post #1 Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:18 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 1
Was liked: 0

Hi Everybody,

for the people want to study the two famous books of Lee Chang-Ho about Invasion and Reduction.
you can download the complete SGF collection of those books, that mean the 96 games of Lee Chang-Ho.

Please note there are some print mistakes in those books, like for example the game 8 book 2,
the author indicate the date of the game : 20/1/1992, but the 4th edition of Kisung tournament was played
in 1993, not in 1992, the right date is : 20/1/1993. Some others mistakes appears, it it sof this reason
it was really difficult to collect the complete collection.

Nevermind, you can donwload this one there :

http://go-on.forumactif.com/t2903p25-la ... tion#41245

Enjoy !
LDL.

Post subject: Re: Invasion&Reduction . Lee Chang-Ho . Complete SGF Collect
Post #2 Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:29 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 8262
Was liked: 924
OGS: trohde
Universal go server handle: trohde
LDL wrote:
Code:
[color=#ECECEC].[/color]
What is this for?

[Note: The code tags were added by me so that we can see what you actually posted.]

LDL wrote:
[..]

Nevermind, you can donwload this one there :

[link deleted]
LOLOLOL, you mean we can download after we’ve registered for your forum, right? (because apparently the d’load link is not visible unless one has registered)

I think I can do without, thanks muchly.

Quote:
Enjoy !
LDL.
A dubious joy, and I’m reporting your post because this seems to be just a spammy post intended to draw readers to your forum.

And again this:
Quote:
Code:
[color=#ECECEC].[/color]

But why? This is the hex code for the background colour for posts, so it is rendered as an “invisible” dot here. Well, I assume it is to have some “whitespace” around your post, which reinforces my suspicion that you’re just here to promote your forum.

Thanks, but no thanks. Bonsoir!

This post by Bonobo was liked by: DrStraw

Post #3 Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:01 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 93
Was liked: 105
GD Posts: 600
Hi all,
since I had an account there (though not used for years), I have extracted the files, combined them and attached them to this posting.

Attachments:
invasion_reduction.zip [82.99 KiB]
Downloaded 520 times

This post by karaklis was liked by: Bonobo

Post #4 Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:33 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 8262
Was liked: 924
OGS: trohde
Universal go server handle: trohde
karaklis wrote:
[..] I have extracted the files, combined them and attached them to this posting.

Oh wow, THANK YOU, very friendly, muchly appreciated!

And second thoughts about my comment above: meanwhile it feels as if I was probably too vitriolic, not sure now whether it was really justified … asking the OP to attach those files here could perhaps have been enough. I realize I’m still far away from non-violent communication.

Post #5 Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:40 pm 
Judan

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 788
Before I possibly save a copy - is this collection of games extracted from the book free of copyright? Why?

Post #6 Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:20 am 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 8
Was liked: 27
RobertJasiek wrote:
Before I possibly save a copy - is this collection of games extracted from the book free of copyright? Why?

Nobody understands copyright, and the details depend on the country. The general assumption is that facts cannot be copyrighted but the result of intellectual work can. Applied to game records that might mean that a record of player names, rank, date, event, moves, result is just factual information and not copyrighted. A discussion of the game, comments, variations is copyrighted.

Next, in certain jurisdictions there is a database copyright. A collection of items, selected by creativity and not by a factual criterion, may be copyrighted, even if the separate items are not.

Here there are 96 straight games without comments or variations. According to the above the individual game records are probably not protected by copyright. Maybe the collection is.

This is a very small collection, and it is easy to find over 2500 games by Lee Changho.
Logan gave 1886 games, and his set contains 65 of these 96 games. GoGoD has 94 of them.
The two missing games are incomplete and cut off at the point of an interesting invasion. One might argue that this selection of cut-off is protected by copyright.

Post #7 Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:35 am 
Judan

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 788
So if these are the games rather than the marked subsequences of invasion / reduction, the creativity is that of a list of pointers to those games. I.e. a comparatively low cteativity. This makes it easier to argue that maybe copyright is hardly an issue. That said, I'd rather buy the book to see the actual discussion of invasion / reduction sequences.