Citation reference: viewtopic.php?p=211726#p211726
2) avoid the beginners' mistakes in fundamentals,
3) acquire a reasonable reading,
4) learn the basics of life and death.
Related book recommendations:
(2) = First Fundamentals (because you do make the same kinds of mistakes each beginner makes)
(3) = Graded Go Problems for Beginners 2, Tesuji (Davies), problems in First Life and Death, if you have enough energy: Tactical Reading, other reading problem books of your choice
(4) = First Life and Death (even if you have read other life and death books, also read this)