It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: What you like / dislike about Leela 0.8.0?
Post #1 Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:48 am 
Beginner

Posts: 19
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
For example:
I really like the gpu support :clap:
How many gpus and cpus can Leela use?

But the heatmap needs a lot improvements.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: What you like / dislike about Leela 0.8.0?
Post #2 Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:48 am 
Dies in gote

Posts: 20
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 10
Rank: OGS 7 kyu
Hi,

What I like the most with Leela, per order of preference:
  1. There is a gtp version. For me, this is THE killer feature (and plenty of other informations are available through its stderr)
  2. Leela is so strong, because... yeah... GnuGo as well has a gtp mode :)
  3. There is a dedicated Linux version, no need for me to use wine
  4. Leela is free (but not opensource)

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: What you like / dislike about Leela 0.8.0?
Post #3 Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:33 am 
Beginner

Posts: 19
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
pnprog wrote:
Hi,

What I like the most with Leela, per order of preference:
  1. There is a gtp version. For me, this is THE killer feature (and plenty of other informations are available through its stderr)
  2. Leela is so strong, because... yeah... GnuGo as well has a gtp mode :)
  3. There is a dedicated Linux version, no need for me to use wine
  4. Leela is free (but not opensource)


I love killer features :D
It makes me really happy to find moves which Leela 5 dan(ok it's even stronger on my hardware) hasn't seen or evaluated as not so good in the first moment.

It would be nice to get an improved heatmap for example:
3 different colors for the 3 best Win% moves.
3 different colors for the 3 best Net Prob% moves.
And one golden color for the move which has the best Win% + Net Prob%
Of course only for the 5 or 10 first moves which have the highest simulations.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: What you like / dislike about Leela 0.8.0?
Post #4 Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:42 am 
Lives in gote

Posts: 409
Liked others: 1
Was liked: 37
Rank: KGS 5 kyu
On 20000 rolls (I use medium GPU) how strong is this version compared to EGF player?

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: What you like / dislike about Leela 0.8.0?
Post #5 Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:20 am 
Lives in gote

Posts: 365
Liked others: 25
Was liked: 103
GD Posts: 10
The site is down for so long that Leela had already released version 0.90 which is two stones stronger than 0.80.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: What you like / dislike about Leela 0.8.0?
Post #6 Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:35 am 
Dies with sente

Posts: 75
Liked others: 13
Was liked: 16
Have you seen LeelaX on KGS, please release .......
I am very exited on this one.

Very cool job on Leela by Gian-Carlo.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: What you like / dislike about Leela 0.8.0?
Post #7 Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:42 am 
Dies in gote

Posts: 27
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 7
Gomoto wrote:
Have you seen LeelaX on KGS, please release .......
I am very exited on this one.

Very cool job on Leela by Gian-Carlo.


SGF files have:

GTP Engine for LeelaX (white): Leela version 0.9.0. I will resign when I have lost. If you are sure you are winning but I haven't resigned yet, the status of some groups is not yet clear to me. I will pass out the game when I have won. You can download the latest stable version at https://sjeng.org/leela

Version number is the same as the new public release.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: What you like / dislike about Leela 0.8.0?
Post #8 Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:52 am 
Dies with sente

Posts: 75
Liked others: 13
Was liked: 16
Leela is great.

Single most important feature still missing: variation tree.

I have to use two go programms for now, when I analyze with Leela: One for the variations, and Leela running on the side used to reload the sgf for each variation :-)


This post by Gomoto was liked by: dfan
Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: What you like / dislike about Leela 0.8.0?
Post #9 Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:11 am 
Beginner

Posts: 19
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
Gomoto wrote:
Leela is great.

Single most important feature still missing: variation tree.

I have to use two go programms for now, when I analyze with Leela: One for the variations, and Leela running on the side used to reload the sgf for each variation :-)


A variantion tree is also very important.
But even more important for me is to have a super heatmap. I mean you can compare it with Zens heatmap. Heatmap ranking: Leela 1 kyu vs Zen 10 dan.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: What you like / dislike about Leela 0.8.0?
Post #10 Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:02 am 
Dies with sente

Posts: 75
Liked others: 13
Was liked: 16
I feel Leela 0.9 is stronger than Zen 6 because its neural net is superior. The win percentages of the neural network seem to help a lot. Leela has got a very good intuition.

I do not feel Zens Heatmap is superior to Leelas move probabilities.

One feature of Leela I like a lot: Click in the analysis window on a line and the variation is shown with move numbers on the board. (an option to show the numbers & stones would be nice).

An further option to show the 5 best moves colored by winning percentage instead of move probability would also be good.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: What you like / dislike about Leela 0.8.0?
Post #11 Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:29 am 
Beginner

Posts: 19
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
Gomoto wrote:
I feel Leela 0.9 is stronger than Zen 6 because its neural net is superior. The win percentages of the neural network seem to help a lot. Leela has got a very good intuition.

I do not feel Zens Heatmap is superior to Leelas move probabilities.

One feature of Leela I like a lot: Click in the analysis window on a line and the variation is shown with move numbers on the board. (an option to show the numbers & stones would be nice).

An further option to show the 5 best moves colored by winning percentage instead of move probability would also be good.


But Zens heatmap has a structure (different colors).
Leelas move probabilities has only 3x the same color
Everytime with a 1% difference.
And you can see that 10% of the whole board are marked in this color.
Maybe this is a bug and he doesn't know how to solve it?

The analysis window feature is great.
Zen has an option to show the numbers on the stones. Should be also made for Leela.

You last point is a MUST HAVE.
But better to have this 5x for Win% and 5% for best human pros moves. With the option to switch both or one of them, on and off.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: What you like / dislike about Leela 0.8.0?
Post #12 Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:56 am 
Dies in gote

Posts: 20
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 10
Rank: OGS 7 kyu
Hi Gomoto,
Gomoto wrote:
One feature of Leela I like a lot: Click in the analysis window on a line and the variation is shown with move numbers on the board. (an option to show the numbers & stones would be nice).

An further option to show the 5 best moves colored by winning percentage instead of move probability would also be good.
You may want to check my other thread in the announcement forum. Maybe one step closer to what you needs.

Best regards,
pnprog

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group