It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: GoGrinder for Android
Post #21 Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:46 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
Hi,

today i downloaded GoGrinder for Android for my HTC Desire. After I started the app I couldnt use it because I got a "license check failed" message. I had to refund it.

I still would like to use the app... Does anyone know what's wrong?

ponnuki79

Post #22 Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:56 am 
Dies in gote

Was liked: 5
GD Posts: 50
KGS: MatCauthon
When a paid app is first downloaded, it needs to connect to Google's server to activate its license.
Once this happens successfully, it should only need to reconnect every few weeks. Maybe you couldn't get
a connection when you tried? I think if you try again, it should work.

Tim

Post #23 Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:59 am 
Beginner

I tried again, now it works fine.

I like the GoGrinder app, but I have one suggestion: I mess up my statistics not by miss-reading the problem, but by not being able to put my finger correctly at the intersection where i want to place the stone. This a bit annoying. Other go-related apps solve this by some kind of "drag and drop"-mechanism: When i put my finger on the display, the corresponding intersection is marked, but the stone is not placed yet. So i can still move my finger until the correct intersection is marked. The stone is finally placed when i remove my finger from the diplay. To me this would be really a helpful feature for a future version of GoGrinder.

Thank you,
ponnuki79

Post #24 Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:23 am 
Dies in gote

GG has a zoom function that will help with this. By default I think it only zooms on a 19x19 board, but in the settings you can make it zoom on a 13x13 as well.

Tim

Post #25 Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:23 pm 
Beginner

KGS: Tettamanti
IGS: Tettamanti
Tim,

I purchased the GG program by a recommendation from someone. I can't figure out how to add problems to the set. I've connected a SD Card to my device. Reinstalled the program. At that point, there wasn't a directory called GoGrinder. I did create that and add both .PRB and .SGF files. I turned the GG off and rebooted the device. After rebooting, I went back into GG and didn't see my files. Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

Post #26 Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:17 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 251
Was liked: 549
KGS: oren
Tygem: oren740, orenl
IGS: oren
Wbaduk: oren
When you start it for the first time it should create a /sdcard/gogrinder directory with problems from Xuanxuan Qijing (347 problems) and Basic Tsumego. Did you see those under select problems?

If so, that's the directory you want to add to. If those sets are not appearing, something went wrong on install.

Post #27 Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:33 am 
Dies in gote

Does it come up with the built-in problem sets?

It sounds like you probably have an internal SD card, so that's where the gogrinder directory would be.
If you use a file explorer app on the phone, you should be able to see that directory.
On my phone I have directories call sdcard0 and extSdCard. sdCard0 is the internal storage.

Post #28 Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:40 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 54
Was liked: 71
How do I back out of a problem set after i have started it? There don't seem to be any navigation buttons apart from back restart solution and next. Otherwise the app is great.

Post #29 Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:45 am 
Dies in gote

Was liked: 3
KGS: WinPooh
IGS: WinPooh
DGS: WinPooh
GoGrinder is one of two tsumego apps I regularly use on my phone, along with Tsumego Pro.
The program is almost ideal, but it has one serious drawback: after some update wrong/correct marks in "Show solution" mode became too tiny, now they are about 1x1 pixel, green and red.
If this thread is read by GG developer, could you please make these marks bigger or maybe configurable?

Post #30 Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:22 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 54
Was liked: 71
Jujube wrote:
How do I back out of a problem set after i have started it? There don't seem to be any navigation buttons apart from back restart solution and next. Otherwise the app is great.

Nyaaah!

A mere 34 days after first encountering the problem, I hit upon a solution.

For those persons with a tablet (in my case, a bottom-of-the-range Samsung) without some of the option buttons found normally on a tablet, you need to hold down... I don't know how to describe it...

It's a physical button on the tablet itself. Not the big clicky home button, not the 'back' button, but the other one, the one that brings up the option to close all apps.

Hold that (I think the parlance is 'long press'?) and a context menu pops up in GoGrinder with options to go back to the problem selection screen.

So! Great app! Tsumego important it is!