Life In 19x19
http://lifein19x19.com/

Bag with strap for Go board?
http://lifein19x19.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14111
Page 1 of 1

Author:  RigofMidgard [ Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Bag with strap for Go board?

Hey guys, just looking for a good bag that I can get that will carry a 19x19 board from yimports that is 2in thick and if anyone has any links or ideas?

Author:  fireproof [ Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bag with strap for Go board?

I've seen some folks say they've found pizza delivery bags to work well... but I haven't tested one out, myself. Anyone seen one in person?

Author:  RigofMidgard [ Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bag with strap for Go board?

I saw a bag that was discontinued by yimports. I guess it had bad reviews because it has chipped on the finish or whatever. Who knows, maybe we can make a custom bag ourselves with the right materials?

Author:  gowan [ Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bag with strap for Go board?

The folding boards and slotted boards are the best for portability. The 6 cm thick boards are really not suited for portable boards, they are too heavy and awkward to carry. If I were to carry one of those boards I'd use an appropriate backpack. It would be possible to protect the board by wrapping it in bubble-wrap or something similar. Using a backpack would give you the possibility of carrying the bowls and stones in it, too.

Author:  RigofMidgard [ Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bag with strap for Go board?

Great idea. I'll use my small boards for trips and use my big one for house guests! Still I'd like a bag in case I ever move. I don't think a backpack is wide enough for my board. Maybe if I check out an outdoor store like Cabela's or Bass Pro Shop I'll find a big enough bag for that purpose.

Author:  Erythen [ Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Bag with strap for Go board?

It's too bad YMI doesn't sell their nearly indestructible Board and Stone carrying case anymore. I was in Japan when they were carrying them about five years ago otherwise I'd have bought one.

Author:  RigofMidgard [ Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bag with strap for Go board?

Erythen wrote:
It's too bad YMI doesn't sell their nearly indestructible Board and Stone carrying case anymore. I was in Japan when they were carrying them about five years ago otherwise I'd have bought one.


I know that they still have the stone bags. Not for individual sell but with their sets. I love that bag. I'm trying to figure the materials they used for the stone bag and seeing if I can translate it to a board bag.

Author:  Nyanjilla [ Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Bag with strap for Go board?

Start sweet-talking someone with a sewing machine that can handle canvas and heavy-duty webbing straps. Mine can't, so don't look at me, but that way you can specify your own dimensions and separate pockets for go-bowls and other extras, and with suitable padding and decoration if you want to get really fancy (an embroidered tsumego problem on the side?)....

Author:  RigofMidgard [ Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Bag with strap for Go board?

Nyanjilla wrote:
Start sweet-talking someone with a sewing machine that can handle canvas and heavy-duty webbing straps. Mine can't, so don't look at me, but that way you can specify your own dimensions and separate pockets for go-bowls and other extras, and with suitable padding and decoration if you want to get really fancy (an embroidered tsumego problem on the side?)....


That would be soooo cool. I'm going to see if a close friend of mine might be able to do it for me.

Author:  Mike Novack [ Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Bag with strap for Go board?

For serious padding to protect a good go board, consider asking the person sewing the case to try pads intended for backpacking (not the self expanding sort, the ones that look like waffled foam --- but these are foams with substantial strength as intedend to survive hard ground). They aren';t very expensive.

Author:  RigofMidgard [ Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bag with strap for Go board?

Mike Novack wrote:
For serious padding to protect a good go board, consider asking the person sewing the case to try pads intended for backpacking (not the self expanding sort, the ones that look like waffled foam --- but these are foams with substantial strength as intedend to survive hard ground). They aren';t very expensive.


Where would I find this foam Mike?

Author:  Mike Novack [ Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Bag with strap for Go board?

RigofMidgard wrote:
Where would I find this foam Mike?


Did you miss the "intended for backpacking"? You can get this sort of sleeping pad from any place that sells gear for backpackers.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/