Game in progress:
Attachment:
2016-10-01 sasqua vs. Xharlie 1.png
2016-10-01 sasqua vs. Xharlie 1.png [ 760.46 KiB | Viewed 7339 times ]

Game scored:
Attachment:
2016-10-01 sasqua vs. Xharlie 2.png
2016-10-01 sasqua vs. Xharlie 2.png [ 1.29 MiB | Viewed 7339 times ]

Everything appeared to work perfectly. I think I will work on the chats in game channels, next - it is certainly the most urgent feature at the moment.

This post by Charlie was liked by: Monadology

Post subject: Re: KGS Leben: browser-powered, open-source KGS client
Post #62 Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:46 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 93
Was liked: 55
Universal go server handle: swannod
Charlie wrote:
Here are some screenshots of me testing in automatch, this afternoon:

Game in progress:
Attachment:
2016-10-01 sasqua vs. Xharlie 1.png

Game scored:
Attachment:
2016-10-01 sasqua vs. Xharlie 2.png

Everything appeared to work perfectly. I think I will work on the chats in game channels, next - it is certainly the most urgent feature at the moment.

Nice! Are you considering packaging this up via Electron?

Post #63 Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:56 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 272
Was liked: 126
Electron is not something that I have considered. I don't see why it couldn't be done - it would, in fact, be trivial - but I also don't see the reason to do so.

If the JSON API was officially hosted, I might consider it because it would negate the need to host Leben itself. In that case, hosting would become pretty trivial, however, since Leben is only static content.

Post #64 Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:15 am 
Lives in gote

KGS Leben is ON HOLD

Dear Go players,

Due to circumstances that have developed in the latter half of this year, I am currently not able to spend time developing the KGS Leben project any further. The project is officially on hold and no further commits to the code base should be expected in the forseable future. The reasons for this are threefold.

I have contracted a severe case of permanent employment. I am currently engaged at an image processing start-up where I am offering my extensive professional development and management experience in exchange for an opportunity to move in a more scientific or academic direction as a programmer - it's not just databases, web services and capture forms, here! For me, this is a fantastic opportunity - fantastic enough to lure me out of my nice, comfortable home office with its proper teapot and coffee that actually tastes nice.

New employment has provided new cash-flow and that has allowed me to spend silly sums on train tickets and hotel bills, travelling all over Germany to play a certain board game with the black and white stones. A sudden addiction to tournaments is the second reason thwarting KGS Leben - I have been working all week and travelling on weekends.

The third reason makes a poor excuse but I feel no obligation to defend it: I'm fickle and currently more interested in dabbling with Kaggle and other experiments, in my spare time, instead of trying to get div-tags to align perfectly, debugging strange bugs with XML-HTTP-requests or fixing features broken by the latest version of one of the swathe of gratuitous dependencies in the modern web stack. (Some of these experiments are older and more advanced than the KGS Leben code-base so "fickle" is probably the wrong word.)

Anyway, there it is, in the spirit of openness.

I fully intend to continue work at some point in time.

I really like the look of Ilya's Go Universe and think that it will become a great client for the KGS server but I do not believe that KGS Leben is redundant - there is space for two great clients and I am still enamoured with the look and feel of the playing area that I have created. When I personally run KGS Leben and play auto-match with it, I wish it was more feature-complete so that I could use it more often. Simply put, I like to play Go in KGS Leben and that will inevitably motivate me to develop it further.

The source code is on GitHub, too, so anyone who wishes to invest effort in it can do so - I will gladly receive your pull requests and patches and integrate them into the code-base, subject to review. Alternatively, if you only want to see examples of how one might work with the JSON API or simply want to copy the server-database concept that is key to the application, be my guest. (Someone, please copy my clocks!)

Until the future, then. Feedback and complaints on the back of a 50 € note or in-person at some central-European tournament, please.

Once again, I thank you all for the positive atmosphere that has prevailed, here. May the next phase of development be just as great.

Stephen.

This post by Charlie was liked by 6 people: Bonobo, fireproof, Jhyn, joellercoaster, Monadology, tj86430

Post subject:
Post #65 Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:22 am 
Honinbo

Liked others: 349
Was liked: 2076
GD Posts: 312
Hi Stephen,

Congrats on your new career situation !

This post by EdLee was liked by: Charlie

Post #66 Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:49 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 1
Was liked: 9
KGS: kgsnick
Hi!

I try put u client in tomcat and get this errors

What is wrong?

Post #67 Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:24 am 
Lives in gote

Hi, klieve.

Any number of things could cause what you are seeing so I won't attempt to suggest a solution apart from ensuring that you did build the output artefacts and that your server (Tomcat) is configured to serve them, correctly.

I am guessing that those are 404 errors - that the server isn't finding the files to serve or that the URL of the request is not mapping to those files on your server's file-system.

I hope you resolve the problem without too much struggle.

Post #68 Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:39 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 1
Was liked: 9
KGS: kgsnick
When i make "npm run build" i get it http://pastie.org/10983164#17,19,21,24,26,35

Post #69 Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:16 am 
Lives in gote

@klieve: Check your private messages.