It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: GoUniverse (New KGS client)
Post #161 Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:53 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 127
Was liked: 175
KGS: KOCMOHABT
Jhyn wrote:
yoyoma wrote:
Yes he takes donations -- click the About button on the bottom of the login screen.

Thank you, I missed that - unfortunately this brings me to a Paypal page in Russian with no apparent way to change the language. I ended up sending the donation from my own Paypal account by copy-pasting his mail address. I'm mentioning this just in case you're looking to make donating easier.

So it was you xD You are the first one, thanks.
Go_Japan wrote:
Alternatively, if you could have a no-bot challenge list, maybe people would appreciate that.

I like this idea. So do you think i should add a new context menu field, something like "All challenges (no bots)"? (or what would be a proper name for it?)

Thanks guys for your ideas and support, the new version will be released at the end of this week, sorry for doing nothing on the past week, i had to solve some other issues :))

Post #162 Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:33 am 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 5
Was liked: 13
KGS: ZeroKun
KOCMOHABT wrote:
Satorian wrote:
Did I get that right, that it would be possible to host the extension's code on an own web server and run it from there? Would be interesting for using it with an Android tablet, where the browser doesn't support extensions.

As was mentioned above, there is a such server already, but that guy/girl doesn't update it somewhy. That's why some functions doesn't work there, like a creating challenge for example. For now you can launch your server, but i wouldn't recommend that, because my app doesn't adapted to tablets and phones. I don't know why some of you guys can't wait a little bit more, when i will release a good version for tablets and phones. It's hard to say when it certainly will be, but it will be done for sure.

PS: Btw, i had waited yesterday for 8 hours an email from ASR legaue and got nothing. Asked about that LinuxGooo before i was going to sleep, he said that i should wait 1 more hour. Still no any email today. And that is what they call "We are in an intensive dialogue with the programmer" :))

I've been updating it quite often, it's currently running the last update you had o_O.

Post #163 Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:10 am 
Lives with ko

ZeroKun wrote:
I've been updating it quite often, it's currently running the last update you had o_O.

True, but you don't update JSON-translator somewhy, also i would like to ask you to not update each my commit, you should update only to commits marked "release".

Post #164 Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:24 am 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 5
Was liked: 13
KGS: ZeroKun
KOCMOHABT wrote:
ZeroKun wrote:

True, but you don't update JSON-translator somewhy, also i would like to ask you to not update each my commit, you should update only to commits marked "release".

How about I just pull it at this point for safety, now that you have the extension working?

Post #165 Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:26 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 34
Was liked: 52
KOCMOHABT wrote:
I like this idea. So do you think i should add a new context menu field, something like "All challenges (no bots)"? (or what would be a proper name for it?)

Thanks guys for your ideas and support, the new version will be released at the end of this week, sorry for doing nothing on the past week, i had to solve some other issues :))

Seems fine to me. I don't think the menu is too cluttered and it would be unique to your system.

This post by Go_Japan was liked by: KOCMOHABT

Post #166 Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:19 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 2
Was liked: 5
KGS: 6
I'm trying to connect to KGS and it tells me than I've been banned for "trying to circumvent existing ban"... ¿is it for using Go Universe?

Post #167 Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:24 am 
Lives with ko

Nestor wrote:
I'm trying to connect to KGS and it tells me than I've been banned for "trying to circumvent existing ban"... ¿is it for using Go Universe?

It is not the problem of GoUniverse, it is a ban system problem. There is nothing i can do with it. It seems like Shubert doesn't have enough time to fix it (this problem is known for 5 months already).

Last edited by KOCMOHABT on Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post #168 Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:30 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 2
Was liked: 5
KGS: 6
OK, ty for the info. So everyone using Go universe has been baned temporarily because of the ip problem... nice. Well, time to try Tygem for the first time xD. Btw, nice work with GoUniverse, it rocks.

This post by Nestor was liked by: KOCMOHABT

Post #169 Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:09 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 82
Was liked: 65
OK, so I've gone in and released that block.

I don't see that this is something that KGS can solve easily, even with some more programming, unless someone could create a reliable biometric login system so we can identify specific users as persons instead of entities logging in with certain names from certain IP addresses.

If someone who is banned later logs in with the same name from another IP address, then that IP address is included in the ban, and if several people are using that IP address they get blocked too. In the past, whole schools have got blocked that way (and even the entire Microsoft domain once... they had just one IP address, would you believe).

This will happen again, unless GoUniverse can find some way to give each user a separate IP address.....

BTW, KOCMOHABT, the links you gave are private.

This post by Nyanjilla was liked by: Gotraskhalana

Post #170 Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:22 am 
Lives with ko

Nyanjilla wrote:

I don't see that this is something that KGS can solve easily, even with some more programming, unless someone could create a reliable biometric login system so we can identify specific users as persons instead of entities logging in with certain names from certain IP addresses.

If someone who is banned later logs in with the same name from another IP address, then that IP address is included in the ban, and if several people are using that IP address they get blocked too. In the past, whole schools have got blocked that way (and even the entire Microsoft domain once... they had just one IP address, would you believe).

This will happen again, unless GoUniverse can find some way to give each user a separate IP address.....

Ok, i removed it, but it doesn't change main thing: there is no point in a new client with these 2 main issues: ban issue and registration issue. From my point of view it would be a good temporary decision to let ppl play through GoUniverse (metakgs ip) even if that ip was banned.
A registration issue perhaps even bigger problem, because you can't play through GoUniverse if you don't have a KGS account.

Post #171 Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:47 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 6
Was liked: 55
Nyanjilla wrote:

That is an issue that KGS's ban model has. New clients only make it clearer as everyone using the new clients is seen as having the same IP address, since every message is going through an additional server before reaching KGS (wms is not hosting everything needed on KGS's infrastructure right now).

One possible technical fix would be for that to be hosted, so that the user's IP address would be visible. Another possibility would be to include the IP address (or, even better, a machine identifier) on the protocol so that GoUniverse could relay that data to the KGS server instead of being forced to use its own. Of course, someone could write their own client and select which IP they want to use, but that seems a stretch for the typical troll.

Both things require coding (and debugging) time from wms, but it is technically possible to make banning a user using a different client equivalent to banning a user using KGS's official client.

This post by uPWarrior was liked by: KOCMOHABT

Post #172 Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:09 pm 
Honinbo

Liked others: 1600
Was liked: 1711
KGS: Kirby
Tygem: 커비라고해
I just want to second that the ban situation with this is rather undesirable. Apparently 'GoUniverse' was blocked again, because I logged in to use it to play a game for the AYD, and was kicked out. Then, my AYD userid was blocked, and I had to use a different account.

I really like GoUniverse, but if we can't figure out something on this, it might be a blocker, because I don't want to keep getting my KGS userid blocked when I happen to use the extension after someone else has blocked it.

Not saying that this is GoUniverse's problem, but it's really a downside to using the extension.

This post by Kirby was liked by: KOCMOHABT

Post #173 Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:53 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 82
Was liked: 65
Lather, Rinse, Repeat....

:sad:

Post #174 Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:24 am 
Judan

Liked others: 436
Was liked: 3719
KGS: Uberdude 4d
OGS: Uberdude 7d
yoyoma on 12 July wrote:
Uberdude -- wms has plans to get IP forwarding to work in the JSON gateway, which will fix the problem.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic ... lFSZT5PtZo

Whatever happened to that?

Post #175 Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:08 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 54
Was liked: 216
Uberdude wrote:
yoyoma on 12 July wrote:
Uberdude -- wms has plans to get IP forwarding to work in the JSON gateway, which will fix the problem.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic ... lFSZT5PtZo

Whatever happened to that?

Looks like wms hasn't worked on it, but he posted an update yesterday:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/kgs-cli ... qXrC5aAQAJ

Bill Shubert wrote:
The good news is that I now have all I need to do a new server release. I want to pick a time when I can sit by the computer for a few hours in case there are regressions, but by Saturday at the latest it will be out.

This will *not* fix the keep out problem, but once I can put out new servers again, I can start developing protocol changes that *will* fix that.

This post by yoyoma was liked by: Bonobo

Post #176 Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:42 am 
Lives with ko

New version 1.3.2

- Added an option for saving user login/password on the start page.
- Added an automatch (under "PLAY" button) (be aware of that bug(it is not GoUniverse bug) https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic ... 60mg6aE9ww )
- Fixed a security issue, when user could send a html/js code to other user through a chat and that code would work like a normal html/js but not as a regular string.
- Added a new type of list of games: all challenges without robots.
- Added timestamps for messages in a chatrooms.

PS: This update was spoiled because of our lovely bug with ban system {text: "don't use bad language on KGS", type: "LOGIN_FAILED_KEEP_OUT"}. Cheers :-|

This post by KOCMOHABT was liked by 3 people: Ember, ez4u, Go_Japan

Post #177 Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:05 am 
Lives with ko

People start to hate me because they are getting ban and can't join through original client after using GoUniverse

Nice :cry:

I'm not sure there is a point in developing GoUniverse with such ban system.

Post #178 Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:40 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 34
Was liked: 52
KOCMOHABT wrote:
People start to hate me because they are getting ban and can't join through original client after using GoUniverse

Maybe you can put up a warning on the front page of the client. Just say,
"Warning, this program is in Beta. Please note that you may receive a ban from KGS due to other player misconduct while using this client. We are not responsible for bans and you must contact KGS to remove the ban. Until that bug is fixed, please use this interface at your own risk."

Or something like it.

This post by Go_Japan was liked by: KOCMOHABT

Post #179 Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:53 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 146
Was liked: 81
Online playing schedule: A schedule..? When hell freezes over... maybe. ^^;
Go_Japan wrote:
KOCMOHABT wrote:

Maybe you can put up a warning on the front page of the client. Just say,
"Warning, this program is in Beta. Please note that you may receive a ban from KGS due to other player misconduct while using this client. We are not responsible for bans and you must contact KGS to remove the ban. Until that bug is fixed, please use this interface at your own risk."

Or something like it.

I like that suggestion. And please don't stop, KOCMOHABT! What you have done is great and it would be more than just a shame to throw away all the time and effort you put into making GoUniverse. It sounds as if wms got into working on the system, too, so this phase will not go on endlessly. It might take some time but with a notice a suggested by Go_Japan all those morons who are blaming you should realise that this is not your fault. Although it would be so neat if the program could tell by itself if an idiot tries to use it and would refuse to log him in. But I guess that feature is quite impossible to implement... :blackeye:

This post by Ember was liked by: KOCMOHABT

Post #180 Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:01 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 54
Was liked: 216
I know the shared IP ban problem is not your fault, but also right now there is no reporting of the ban to the user. Can you add code to handle the ban message and display it to the user? Right now a user has no clue they got banned unless they open the debug console and look at the message.

This post by yoyoma was liked by: KOCMOHABT

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next