It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Download finished games from GD?
Post #1 Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:53 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 66
Was liked: 6
KGS: mic
Hi,

I've seen the list of finished games and would like to view them when offline (train ride ahead!). Any tips for tools for viewing them? btw: I'm a linux user with no windows partition, but software that works with wine is fine for me, too.

Mich

Post subject: Re: Download finished games from GD?
Post #2 Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:22 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 80
Was liked: 62
mic wrote:
Hi,

I've seen the list of finished games and would like to view them when offline (train ride ahead!). Any tips for tools for viewing them? btw: I'm a linux user with no windows partition, but software that works with wine is fine for me, too.

Mich

I know Dusk Eagle has grabbed a lot (all?) of them and zipped them up. He's put links to some of them in the appropriate Malkovich games that have been started back up on this forum. He should see this and should be able to help you out with that.

Post #3 Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:44 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 378
Was liked: 375
Here's how I do it:

Install the Firefox add-on DownThemAll! from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/201. Then, go to Tools -> DownThemAll! Tools -> Manager... and click Add URL(s). Enter the website url at the top and change the naming mask at the bottom to whatever you find appropriate. For some reason though, I could not get it to start numbering my downloads from "001" - it always insisted on starting at weird places like "041", even after I cleared my download history. There must be a backup that I'm missing somewhere. Anyway, after downloading the first page, add "&page=#" to the end of the url, replacing # with the page number. Edit the filename to reflect the page number (if applicable) and click Start. Do this for every page. It may seem laborious but it really only takes a minute or so, depending on the size of the thread.

I'm sure that someone here could come up with a much better system than I use, but what I'm doing is a relatively small scale so it's not too bad. However, since you're trying to download *all* Malkovich games and not just ongoing ones, you might not be satisfied with this solution.

No understanding of what is now, no knowledge of what will be.

Post #4 Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:53 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 66
Was liked: 6
KGS: mic
Dusk Eagle wrote:
I'm sure that someone here could come up with a much better system than I use, but what I'm doing is a relatively small scale so it's not too bad. However, since you're trying to download *all* Malkovich games and not just ongoing ones, you might not be satisfied with this solution.

Thanks, this is sufficient for now; I'll just download a few games at the beginning and hope that GD will be online a bit longer.

- Mic