Post subject: No game after disconnect
Post #1 Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:06 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 4
Was liked: 5
KGS: mimano
DGS: mimano
Hello,

I was playing a game today on the tygem windows client, and at some point my opponent seemed to think for a long time - actually both clocks had stopped working in my client :tmbdown: . I figured I had been disconnected, shut down the client, and logged back on. When I located my ex-opponent, I saw he was already playing another game, so ours was obviously finished, but it did not appear in his or my game list.

I thought you had 5 minutes to come back to a game in case of disconnect, otherwise it became a forfeit, but this time, it seems to have become a kind of no-game (even though we were more than 100 moves into the game). Does anyone around know what could cause that? Given the fact that my opponent was in a more than desperate situation, I guess that if there was any loophole (such as both players disconnect trigger a no game or such thing) he would have used it, but I have never seen any reference to this anywhere. Not that it is a big problem, but I seem to have a rather unstable connexion these days, so it would be nice to understand what's going on.

Post subject: Re: No game after disconnect
Post #2 Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:49 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 6
Was liked: 31
KGS: 2d
The only cause where a game "disappears" is if one resigns/leaves after just a couple of moves. Also: When someone is disconnected 5 times the game is automatically lost for this person, but due to that it should be seen on the games list as a lost game.

Post #3 Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:28 am 
Dies in gote

Yes, that's what I thought too, but apart if I have dreamt the whole thing entirely, I swear we were playing yose, and the game has disappeared. Maybe some odd bug on the English client's end.

Post #4 Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:31 am 
Oza

Liked others: 251
Was liked: 549
KGS: oren
Tygem: oren740, orenl
IGS: oren
Wbaduk: oren
The other possibility could be a server reset? I had a game wiped out on wbaduk once due to that.

Post #5 Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:30 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 1
Tygem: yangatpng
I met such a situation a couple of times.

when both my opponent's connection and mine get away, then the kifu losts.

when I am waiting for my opponent who is disconncted ,I lost my connection . the same thing occurs.

Post #6 Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:07 am 
Dies in gote

Hmmm... That is the kind of server policy i feared, and this scenario is very likely to have happened given the game position at the time I lost connection. So the conclusion is, if the game is yours and you lose connection, your opponent can make it a no game, but if your opponent is winning he will wait for a win by forfeit. That is actually quite different from the way the tygem disconnect policy is usually described :(

Post #7 Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:14 am 
Dies in gote

Oren, sorry I did not reply earlier, but I believe the server rest scenario is unlikely, given that the server was as crowded after my disconnect as before.