It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Getting Tygem to work on Windows 7.
Post #1 Posted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:59 pm 
Gosei

Liked others: 90
Was liked: 837
KGS: Capsule 4d
Tygem: 치킨까스 5d
Okay, decided to uninstall everything and start from the beginning to see how I got Tygem to work on Windows 7 (Home Edition).

1. Install AppLocale. This is technically not supported for Windows 7, but this guide shows you how to do it.
  2. Download the client here (or go to tygem.com and click on the big black stone under the bigger White stone on the left corner, it's in Flash).
  3. Click on TygemBadukSetup.exe to install it without using AppLocale. The installation and the folder that will be downloaded into your Program Files should have screwed up characters, like "ŸÀÌÁª¹ÙµÏ". The Tygem client may autostart and come up, but the characters in the client will also be screwed up. Technically you could stop here and enjoy Tygem, but it's problematic if you have an account using foreign characters (or if you're irritated of seeing the bad characters like myself :)).
  4. Exit out the client and open up AppLocale. At the "Locate the Application" window, have the "Launch an Application" radio button clicked and browse for the same TygemBadukSetup.exe from 3. Proceed to install it; this time the characters in the installation and the folder downloaded into your Program Files should come out with correctly with Korean characters.
  5. Open up AppLocale and this time browse for "LiveBaduk.exe" from the folder with the screwed up characters (not the LiveBaduk.exe from the folder that came out properly, if you do this you'll get an error box asking you to Plz update!!1", funny error text.
  6. If you want, give a name for a shortcut so you can pin it to your taskbar. If all goes well, you should see Tygem open up correctly with Korean characters. I am not sure why an installation needs to be done twice, once with and once without AppLocale, but if you skip 3 and just run AppLocale on LiveBaduk.exe, it will open up briefly and vanish. Anyways, enjoy :).

This post by Solomon was liked by 2 people: ketchup, nagano

Post subject: Re: Getting Tygem to work on Windows 7.
Post #2 Posted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:55 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 1
Was liked: 0
Another way I found to do this was to:
1. Go to Control Panel.
2. Click 'Clock, Language, and Region.' (Look for a clock sitting in front of a world.)
3. Click any of the options under 'Region and Language,' excluding the 'Install or uninstall display languages' option, with a small shield next to it. This should bring up the another window titled 'Region and Language.'
4. Click the 'Administrative' tab.

5. Under the 'Language for non-Unicode programs' heading, click 'Change system locale...'
6. Select the appropriate language. (I clicked the simplified Chinese.)
7. Restart your computer, and Voila!

Tygem should run in the Chinese, or whichever language you picked. I didn't get the boxes and unintelligible symbols in the client or on Chinese websites after doing this.

Post #3 Posted: Sun May 09, 2010 9:32 am 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 37
KGS: tealeaf
IGS: tealeaf
Wbaduk: tealeaf
DGS: joss
OGS: tealeaf
Universal go server handle: tealeaf
The problem with setting the system non-unicode locale is that it applies for all non-unicode applications. I have a few different applications that each need different locales, and AppLocale is the only real way to go about that. Of course, if you only run one program like that then the system locale is probably the way to go.

For anyone using AppLocale, you'll probably find this patch useful: http://opcode0x90.wordpress.com/2008/01 ... applocale/

It removes the annoying "Please set the system locale" message every time you run AppLocale.

Now, if only I could find a way to remove the "Are you sure you want to let this program alter your machine settings?" dialogue every time I run it, without totally crippling the Windows security centre, I'd almost be happy. :D

Post #4 Posted: Sun May 09, 2010 9:44 am 
Oza

Liked others: 251
Was liked: 549
KGS: oren
Tygem: oren740, orenl
IGS: oren
Wbaduk: oren
The problem with AppLocale is it doesn't work perfectly for me with Oro or Tygem Japanese clients. On Oro, popups don't get correct characer set. On Tygem, the only bug seems to be inability to sort by ranks or names in the game list. That one is an odd bug. It probably has something to do with how the client checks which button you've clicked.

AppLocale is a pretty good tool, but if you see some oddities, it may be do to using it.

Post #5 Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:11 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 2
hm this doesnt work for me :/ i installed applocale and downloaded the tygem installer, but when i click nothing happens. the only thing i see is a setup proces running in my task manager, but its doing nothing. did this happen to anyone else?

Post #6 Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:30 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 127
Was liked: 34
GD Posts: 24
Does anyone know a way to get applocale to work with user account control enabled? I have to disable mine for it to run properly.

"Those who calculate greatly will win; those who calculate only a little will lose, but what of those who don't make any calculations at all!? This is why everything must be calculated, in order to foresee victory and defeat."-The Art of War

Post #7 Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:35 am 
Honinbo

Liked others: 1600
Was liked: 1711
KGS: Kirby
Tygem: 커비라고해
oren wrote:
...On Tygem, the only bug seems to be inability to sort by ranks or names in the game list. ....

Interesting... I always thought that that was simply how the Tygem client was. I didn't consider that it could be because of AppLocale, since AppLocale seemed to render all of the fonts correctly.

Post #8 Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 pm 
Lives in gote

Kirby wrote:
oren wrote:
...On Tygem, the only bug seems to be inability to sort by ranks or names in the game list. ....

Interesting... I always thought that that was simply how the Tygem client was. I didn't consider that it could be because of AppLocale, since AppLocale seemed to render all of the fonts correctly.

I did have that issue before I used Applocale. Some of it seems to be intentional, like admins being listed at the top of the list despite their rank, and part of it seems to be that the software does not automatically resort after additional users enter the room. Wbaduk has the same problem, I think. By the way, do you have to deactivate user account control to load Tygem via Applocale?

"Those who calculate greatly will win; those who calculate only a little will lose, but what of those who don't make any calculations at all!? This is why everything must be calculated, in order to foresee victory and defeat."-The Art of War

Post #9 Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:17 pm 
Oza

Kirby wrote:
oren wrote:

It is due to AppLocale, I have one PC set up as a Japanese desktop and one set up as US with AppLocale and thee behavior is different. Try setting yours up that way and rebooting, you will see.

Post #10 Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:56 am 
Lives in gote

oren wrote:
Kirby wrote:
oren wrote:

It is due to AppLocale, I have one PC set up as a Japanese desktop and one set up as US with AppLocale and thee behavior is different. Try setting yours up that way and rebooting, you will see.

Do you mean a Japanese copy of Windows? I had the same problem with system locale as with AppLocale, but both were on my English Windows.

Post #11 Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:03 pm 
Oza

nagano wrote:
Do you mean a Japanese copy of Windows? I had the same problem with system locale as with AppLocale, but both were on my English Windows.

You just have to make sure all the region settings are set to Japanese. Once set that way, the rank sorting works fine.

Post #12 Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:36 pm 
Dies in gote

I recently changed my system to win 7 and thanks for your help i managed it. I have a question though, do you know what is the icon opening with a cartoon girl pic? It seems it downloads something constantly..

Post #13 Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:37 pm 
Oza

manastin wrote:
I recently changed my system to win 7 and thanks for your help i managed it. I have a question though, do you know what is the icon opening with a cartoon girl pic? It seems it downloads something constantly..

Can you take a screenshot?

Post #14 Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:22 pm 
Lives in gote

You mean Tyloader? It runs when you first start the program, checking for updates. I think it's supposed to be a background process, but Windows 7 decides to put it on the taskbar for some reason. If you find it irritating (as I do) just close it the next time it runs. It shouldn't come up again.

Post #15 Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:20 pm 
Dies in gote

Ah yes, it is tyloader. Since my connection has limited quota, i have to cancel it. But it still works ok, thank you.