Post subject: Re: Televised 2010 EGF AGM
Post #21 Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:14 pm 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 87
Was liked: 20
KGS: cockroach, hobosaurus
willemien wrote:
Quote:
It started at 19.00 and ended at 2.15. It's the longest one I've been to.

Can you tell me (and i guess also others ) what is decided (if anything on the other points on the agenda?

Henric has provided useful answers to your question, but I urge you to fix the sound on your computer and watch the video.

There is much in the meeting that is not in the agenda. For instance:

China to provide money for a woman's championship with a monetary prize (and also some cash even for those who get knocked out in the first round).

There was a presentation by a Korean. It seems there are 3 Korean professionals (living ?) in Romania and there will be money made available (can't remember what for).

No more money for travel to World amateur ? events - but there will be more money to make them better.

A French representative provided details of next years EGC in Bordeaux - I think he projected 900-1100 entries. They are hopeful that the tea company will again provide sponsorship.

It seems that prices in Cologne are very high, so the 2012 venue will be outside the town (on the way to Bonn - on the Rhine) there was information about accommodation, the venue etc.

Suvi said that had the Finnish organisation been required to guarantee a certain percentage of the registration fees ? as prizes, they would not have felt able to organise the congress.

There was a long discussion about the European Go centre in Amstelveen. Catalin suggested that the Go centre was doing very little to promote go - and it seems that all the money goes on maintaining the building and paying the (reduced) staff.

Catalin complained that there had been only one weeks notice of a team tournament to be held after the congress in Leksand. Romania won it last year but felt unable to attend as they had already purchased return tickets.

There was agreement that when it comes to providing lectures at EGCs, Europeans over EGF rating 2600 should also be encouraged (with money !) to do this.

The strong players don't agree on anything (this is my view).

Briefly you see a person pouring out the special tea provided by the sponsor - and some people drank it.

And much more ...

I would like to summarise the meeting - but that would mean watching the 6.5 hours of video all over again ... I think that someone needs to record the events in the video and at what times they took place. This would be much more useful than just minutes. I don't know if it is possible to make a link to a point in a video - it would be useful.

Post subject: Re: Televised 2010 EGF AGM
Post #22 Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:54 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 11
GD Posts: 140
richardamullens wrote:
Catalin complained that there had been only one weeks notice of a team tournament to be held after the congress in Leksand. Romania won it last year but felt unable to attend as they had already purchased return tickets.

This is not exactly right.
The team tournament is the European Team Chamionship, end of next week:
http://leksand-open.eu/ .
The place and date for it have in principle been announced a long time ago, but unfortunately the details and online registration came up very late. Catalins complaint was about the Executive having decided that the Team Championship will be used for qualification for the new international team event in fall 2011, where Europe will be allowed to send one or two teams.

cheers,
H.

This post by henric was liked by: richardamullens