Post #1 Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:36 am 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 42
Was liked: 19
KGS: virre
DGS: virre
OGS: virre
... as I acctually replied to a thread.

I am a so far 32-year old dude from Stockholm, Sweden. In my professional life I work as a junior webbdeveloper for a corporation in the media industry. Outside of that I been a gamer for a long time, more or less from birth. I am active on boardgamegeek (it was from there I was linked here. Oh and my username there and here is the same. It is also one of the names in my passport).

There always been people around me that enjoyed Go, but I never really got into it. I never really thought I liked abstract games, I played some from time to time (one tme with an ex we played a hundred games of chess I lost, then I won two and she stopped playing with me. But that was because rural Sweden have no gamers). On the last wednesday in June a friend showed me Go and I decided to give it a chance. I felt a bit split about it as the total loss (awaited, though my friend two is a relative beginner) came. But during the night and morning after I could not stop thinking about the game. So then reading up, Senseis Libary, SmartGo Kifu, Gobans and books was ordered. I was hooked, and after that I played or read or studied go each day. Still very much a bad newbie.

I have some other intrests too except gaming and the computer stuff that my work entail. Photography, Litterature, Music (I do own a guitar and a mandolin, I am not good at playing either) and supporting Hammarby in all sports, mostly by beeing in the stands and singing for the team, there is some others too but it goes in periods.

Also I am an active member in the local level of the Swedish branch of the IOGT temperance movment. (So I am sober) and also studied buddha dharma and, again in periods, take part in the local sangha in the style of Thich Nhat Hanh

This post by virre was liked by 2 people: Bonobo, Shawn Ligocki

Post subject:
Post #2 Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:55 am 
Honinbo

Liked others: 349
Was liked: 2076
GD Posts: 312
Welcome.

This post by EdLee was liked by: virre

Post subject: Re: I better introduce myself
Post #3 Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:54 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 272
Was liked: 60
KGS: gotony
OGS: nghtstalker
Welcome!

You sound like an interesting person. Best of luck and study with GO!

We play because we enjoy the beauty of the game, the snap and feel of real stones, and meeting interesting people. Hope to see ya there! お願いします!

Anthony

This post by goTony was liked by: virre

Post #4 Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:43 pm 
Dies with sente

No longer a Junior Webbdeveloper, or well today I am, on Monday I am not and from the 28th I work for another company as a just Webbdeveloper. Ah income raises

This post by virre was liked by 2 people: Bonobo, fireproof

Post subject:
Post #5 Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:14 am 
Honinbo

Liked others: 349
Was liked: 2076
GD Posts: 312
Congrats. :)

Post #6 Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:35 am 
Dies with sente

And then life keeps happening, and due to life I got a bit of focus on the game. Games are not as important when you get to know you have to move in a month, ah the joys of the housing market in this town where half of us live in an illegal sublet. Well not me anymore I soon am to move into my fully own legal apartment which I bought mostly with the banks money, and my family because I failed and not saved up.

Saddly the stress of that made me not play, and considering how little I advanced in the game, I guess I am back to a total newbie from the almost new player I was back then.