It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 5:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Feb L19 SC2 tournament
Post #21 Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:03 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 54
Was liked: 216
Araban wrote:
Just thought I'd mention this. In game 1 against etothejwn when I built the proxy pylon, the reason I didn't do anything after that wasn't because he scouted it but because the pylon was just a hair too far away for me to built the gateway. I don't mind if he scouts it, because he will either have to take SCVs out of the mining line to deal with the pylon (success for me) or just ignore it and deal with the zealots coming in with kiting marines. Hence why I typed "30k mistake" :P.

Well that game was just a casting fail for me haha! I was looking at my other screen trying to get background info on the players. So I didn't see the proxy pylon until really late. I didn't even realize it was your first pylon. :shock: Of course the fact that it was misplaced so you couldn't do inbase Gate didn't help clear up what was going on. ;-) And then I didn't realize just how many SCVs etothejwn had brought with him. The first glimpse I had it looked like ~5.

What about my comments on sentries though. Can you hold the ramp with them or do they come too late to stop that rush? I forgot that since he didn't get any gas the marines were coming faster than a marauder based push would...

Post subject: Re: Feb L19 SC2 tournament
Post #22 Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:46 pm 
Gosei

Liked others: 90
Was liked: 837
KGS: Capsule 4d
Tygem: 치킨까스 5d
yoyoma wrote:
What about my comments on sentries though. Can you hold the ramp with them or do they come too late to stop that rush? I forgot that since he didn't get any gas the marines were coming faster than a marauder based push would...

To be honest, I have no idea...the sentry would give me just 1 forcefield and I'm not sure if that buys me enough time. The nice thing about a stalker is that it's a pretty beefy ranged unit in the early game, and I think it did quite a lot of damage in the skirmish although I wish it hadn't gotten stuck by SCVs.

And I didn't know of his 3-rax play until I saw the train of SCVs coming up to my ramp, which of course didn't buy me enough time to do much so I just had to do my best with what I had and hope I came out ahead.