It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PGETC League C - Cheating accusation against Spain
Post #1 Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:23 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 14
Was liked: 3
IGS: Fede
This is the cheating accusation that I have been forwarded by one of the team captains earlier this year:

Quote:
Good morning:

Firstly, sorry for my poor level of english.

I'm member of AGOA, and AEGO for some years. I send this email to inform about some people that are cheating in the Spanish Team. This is happening for years, from season 2012-2013 to now. AEGO can't do anything because it's controlled by the same people who have the control on the Spanish Team. Juan Domingo Martín knows an sopports these AGOA's members.

The number of associated are declining every year. The last year they were 70 members. Of the these 70 members, some are friends of Jose Manuel Vega Gutierrez, the management table, and the don't play Go. They give their vote to these people who are cheating to get more votes and do whatever they want on AEGO.

In actuallity the situation is that associates of AEGO, who are disagree with Vega, are abandotating it. The rest of the Go's clubs don know what its happening about cheating and manipulation of the directives of AEGO and specially AGOA in Pandanet.

José Manuel Vega replaces Sabina Rodriguez Cabrera (his wife), in her games. Also he replaces to Raul Aguilera, and Rogelio Gomez.

Juan Domingo Martín Gomez is the captain of the spanish team, and he is the president of AEGO. He knows all that and he allows it.

Some members of the spanish team don't know about those irregularity, as: Miguel Pérez,Antonio Eloy Martin Ventura, Adrian Peregrin Domínguez.

Other members don't make cheatings but they know what's happening and they sopport it, , as: Jesus Roldan, Alvaro Gutiérrez.

For years AGOA is using the Go in Seville for personal benefit. And for more than a year they have been doing the same with the Go to the national level, destroying the Go in Spain, and affecting to the international game.

The author was anonymous and signed the message only as "Seville, Spain".

With the text I got forwarded also the accuser's email and, after obtaining permission to contact them directly, I asked for more data (among which, the KGS usernames of the players involved). I still think the anonymous could reveal their identity, at least to the EGF officials, in order to make the accusations more credible.

Since in another thread I promised that I would have published more detailed information if I couldn't make progress with my investigation and since the Spanish motion about letting only EGF members (national associations) publish tournament results on EGD passed, I'm making this public.

As far as I know, most Spanish clubs have written to the EGF explaining the problems they have with AEGO. I have a copy of the email, but I don't think I can share it, so someone involved will have to publish it.

By the way, I'm not the League Manager anymore, I resigned due to not having time to take care of my role as well as I'd like to. As you can see by the fact that the investigation hasn't been completed yet. :(

Link to the dropbox folder with some of the data I gathered: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cx5z6qqw9u4q387/AABty0pHwYfvXgtxtGRrEdtma?dl=0
Contents:
- 19x19 KGS games played by Jose Manuel Vega, which I planned to use to establish his style and compare with the games questioned by the cheating accusation
- Sabina Rodriguez' tournament results; PGETC vs face to face tournaments
- The list of games questioned by the cheating accusation, plus some more information (KGS usernames, opponents' declared rank, etc.)

Pandanet never answered my emails asking about which data the server collects (I was hoping for IPs, though they wouldn't have been a proof).

If anyone is interested in pursuing this, feel free to use all the data.

Post subject: Re: PGETC League C - Cheating accusation against Spain
Post #2 Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:50 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 111
Was liked: 315
I remember one match were a team, perhaps it was Ireland, were playing against Spain. All the Spanish players were disconnected at the same time.
So I find this unproven allegation interesting.

Post #3 Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:19 am 
Honinbo

Liked others: 3651
Was liked: 3374
Global village ==> global gossip.

Visualize whirled peas.

Everything with love. Stay safe.

Post #4 Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:24 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 3
Was liked: 33
The situation is rather complicated in Spain at the moment.

There have been for a few years now accusations of the AEGO (spanish federation) haven been taken over by fake members.

Here's what i've understood the problem to be, but i can't vouch 100% for its accuracy and there's a chance i've misunderstood some things:

If i've understood correctly the spanish Go clubs get votes in Spanish federation according to how many members they have.
What happened one year is that a certain club in spain suddenly had a huge influx of members and basicaly took control of the AEGO.

The weird thing is, from what i've heard, no one has seen any of these new players. They exist on paper, but that's all that can be said.
Tournaments organised by this club have seen very few players, while the official count of players that they have has sometimes been 20-25x higher (at least on some european go statistics websites).

At the same time some of the largest clubs in Spain have quit the AEGO since negotations regarding representation of the country at events and other things have apperantly become impossible.

Now AEGO also petitioned the EuroGoFed AGM to only allow EGD submissions by people officially sanctioned by the national federation.
They probobly did this to prevent people from leaving the AEGO. So now there's basicly a situation where the largest tournaments in Spain can't submit their results.
To make matters worse, Spain has traditionally used the EGD rankings as the countries official ranking system. Even at low kyu levels.
So if the most popular tournaments now can't submit results, it basicly means that the whole rating system in Spain will collapse.

Now all of this i've just written is hearsay, and please take it with a grain of salt and use your own judgement. But together with allegations of cheating and so on, i think the EGF should at least prepare for the possibility of there soon being two official federations in Spain. One with a lot of members actively playing tournaments, showing up at clubs etc, and one which might or might not be able to do the same.

Post #5 Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:55 am 
Gosei

Aram wrote:
There have been for a few years now accusations of the AEGO (spanish federation) haven been taken over by fake members.
<snip>
What happened one year is that a certain club in spain suddenly had a huge influx of members and basicaly took control of the AEGO.

If that's true, then that is now the third country in Europe in which this has happened.

Aram wrote:
Now AEGO also petitioned the EuroGoFed AGM to only allow EGD submissions by people officially sanctioned by the national federation.
They probobly did this to prevent people from leaving the AEGO. So now there's basicly a situation where the largest tournaments in Spain can't submit their results.

My opinion on this motion just got worse.

Post #6 Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:06 am 
Judan

Liked others: 436
Was liked: 3719
KGS: Uberdude 4d
OGS: Uberdude 7d
Sad to hear this :sad: Moreso that it's alleged many people knew of the cheating and allowed it. Is being boss of a go association really such a thrill it's worth all these shenanigans? "Sad little king of a sad little hill". Maybe these countries have government money for official sports clubs? The husband and wife relationship does make these frequent 2-person tournaments make more sense, can't let others submit results and dilute these quality data:

2017-05-30 San Fernando`s Day
2017-07-02 La Carboneria
2017-07-04 La Carboneria
2017-07-16 Summer Time
2017-08-09 Summer Time

Looks like I missed the secret to reaching 2400 rating, submitting all the games where I beat my wife at home to EGD!

Share Javaness's view of the ratings motion, did people not consider what were the motives of the proposer and ask for examples of bad behaviour the motion was designed to prevent (and get the side of the story from said parties too)?

Glossary:
AEGO = Asociacion espanola de Go (Spanish Go Association)
AGOA = Asociacion de Go de Andalucia (Andalucia Go Association, Seville being in the Andalucia region)

P.S. Also sad to hear Fede is resigning, a hardworking servant of European go in my experience, will be hard to replace.

This post by Uberdude was liked by: richardamullens

Post #7 Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:20 am 
Judan

Liked others: 436
Was liked: 3719
KGS: Uberdude 4d
OGS: Uberdude 7d
Marcel Grünauer wrote:
Yes, there are Class A tournaments with two players. (Not in Spain, though.)

Guilty as charged! I'm about to play one in my house soon, and also did 2 years ago.
the British championship title match

Post #8 Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:07 pm 
Gosei

La Carboneria is a popular go venue, I assumed these were some kind of weekly rating tournament. Shrug