Post subject: The Conquest of Go
Post #1 Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:07 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 21
KGS: Rowen
Tygem: Kotaru
IGS: Rowen
New game for PC coming out in early access on 12-7-2020. Developer said it will run $14.99 and be available via Steam. Here's the link: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1264 ... est_of_Go/

Look's interesting with game mechanics that will entice people to give it a Go! (pun intended)

This post by Rowen was liked by: Bonobo

Post subject: Re: The Conquest of Go
Post #2 Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:21 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 21
KGS: Rowen
Tygem: Kotaru
IGS: Rowen
Just purchased this since its out in early access. The dev has had some great input based off the early release and is already working on fixes and taking community input into consideration. Could shape up into a great intro into the world of Go for friends who may be on the fence about playing.

Edit: I started the game to have a quick look around. First things I noticed, the music is very enjoyable. Started the tutorials because its been a while since I have actually played and to see how well it would instruct someone new to the game. So far its been presented very well. I really love the visual dictionary of Go terms, it's a nice touch.

Anyway, wanted to support the Developer and I don't feel my money is wasted. Its a very nice piece of software that I think will shape up into a very nice Go program for all users in time.

This post by Rowen was liked by: Bonobo

Post subject: Re: The Conquest of Go
Post #3 Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:03 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 8262
Was liked: 924
OGS: trohde
Universal go server handle: trohde
I’ve followed the developer’s (Wolfey Studios) thread about this on the OGS forum, they regularly posted updates and asked for wishes etc., beautiful screenshots and animation!
And I also immediately purchased the game because I like to support Go devs … but must admit that I haven't played it yet b/c I’d need to fire up my Windows VM for that :roll:

This post by Bonobo was liked by: Ferran