It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: EasyGo on iOS - review
Post #161 Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:57 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 59
Was liked: 12
OGS: nemoutis
Online playing schedule: Mostly correspondence games.
Quote:
Sounds good. For the record, I would be willing to pay a reasonable price for a good set of add on problems.

I as well.

Post #162 Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:32 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 485
Was liked: 166
KGS: aco
IGS: oca
OGS: oca
SamT wrote:
Quote:
Sounds good. For the record, I would be willing to pay a reasonable price for a good set of add on problems.

I as well.

Go seems to be the only thing where people want to have more problems ;)

I decided to go here http://tsumego.tasuki.org/, took the elementary problems, and I'm currently taking each problem one after the other from problem one.
Of course I need to place all the stones, but easygo is really convient for that, even on my iphone.

I like not having the answer, that force me to check every thing I can, once I think I have the solution, I try to prove that other moves don't work, and sometimes, that even more interesting IMHO. I'm only at problem 73 so still lot's of fun ahead :D

This post by oca was liked by: Bonobo

Post #163 Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:58 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 8262
Was liked: 924
OGS: trohde
Universal go server handle: trohde
SamT wrote:
Quote:

I as well.

“me three” ;-)

Post #164 Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:06 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 5
Was liked: 7
The new stones are great. I also spent some time messing with the spacing to get them just right. The stones are so great in fact that the board textures don't look as good heheh. Thank you for continuing to update my favorite go app!

Post #165 Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:57 am 
Lives in gote

The fix for the border that was not shown in a few cases works also perfectly !
Thank you very much !

Post #166 Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:51 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 5
Was liked: 7
oca wrote:
The fix for the border that was not shown in a few cases works also perfectly !
Thank you very much !

Yes that was a big one. No more little squares in the corner.

Post #167 Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:38 am 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 12
Was liked: 49
Version 1.7.1 was just available in Appstore, please check it out.

Change Log:

Enhancements:

• iOS 8 support, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus support
• When a zip file is handled to EasyGo via "Open In" from other apps, the import file view will be displayed automatically
• Stone graphics enhancements:
* Added an option to adjust the gaps between adjacent stones.
* Bundled a new set of stone images with multiple grain patterns(Thanks EdLee and RBerenguel on lifein19x19 forum)
* A group of custom stone images can be set, EasyGo will display them randomly on the board.(please name them as blackstone01_01.png, blackstone01_02.png, etc.)
* Added an option to turn on/off stone shadow(If the custom stone images has built-in shadow, please turn off this option)

Bug Fixes:

• In problem mode, for auto zoom feature, prevent the border from being clipped when the clipped area is very close to the border

Problem Update:

• Basics - Life and Death: 75
• Life and Death Medium: 90
• Tesuji: 88, 122

Misc:

• Changed the minimum iOS requirement to version 6.0

Enjoy using EasyGo? Please take a moment to give us a nice review, which really helps a lot. Already reviewed? With each update, reviews are archived in the App Store, and so resubmitting your review again is especially helpful. Thanks in advance.

This post by xiangz was liked by: oca

Post #168 Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:09 am 
Dies with sente

Marcel Grünauer wrote:
I'm creating a new problem with "+" > "New Game", then add black and white stone and add moves, If I then immediately - without saving via "Edit" > "Save" - tap the "share" button in the bottom right and choose "Test as Problem", I can indeed test the problem, but when I then choose "Edit" or the "Back" button, the tree is empty!

Could you change this so the tree is not lost? Autosaving before testing the problem would be ok as well.

Thanks,

Marcel

Hi, this is an old bug I recently discovered while testing V1.7.1. The bug was introduced in V1.4 to fix the bug: From problem test to game edit, the game is not restored to the original if random rotation/swap is applied.
I will fix it soon. Currently, two workarounds:
1). manually save before switch to problem test.
2). turn off random rotation and random swap.

Post #169 Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:14 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 114
Was liked: 176
I bought EasyGo this week, and I just tried uploading a zip file containing Cho Chikun's L&D problems (http://tsumego.tasuki.org/). The problem set "opened in" fine through Dropbox and the problems display OK, but I could only import them into the game folder, rather than the problem folder. Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong?

Post #170 Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:44 am 
Dies with sente

Aidoneus wrote:
I bought EasyGo this week, and I just tried uploading a zip file containing Cho Chikun's L&D problems (http://tsumego.tasuki.org/). The problem set "opened in" fine through Dropbox and the problems display OK, but I could only import them into the game folder, rather than the problem folder. Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong?

I guess you meant the games imported are not auto-detected as problems. Below is the except from the help file(bundled in the app and can also be accessed online at http://www.easygo361.com/doc/helpfile/help-en.html)
Quote:
Auto detect problems and games

EasyGo tries to auto detect the type of every games created/imported. The current criteria is: If a game is not a handicapped game and there are setup stones before the first move, it will be treated as a problem. For problems, the list/grid view will show the initial board as thumbnail and there will be right/wrong count in the list view. Tap the problem will go to the problem practice view. You can switch back to edit mode for any problems under My Games folder. The thumbnail for the normal game will be the board position at move 30, and the black name, white name will be shown in the list view, and game name(SGF GN property) will be shown both in list/grid view. Tap the game will go to the game edit or replay view.

From V1.5, if the game type is not detected correctly, you can manually set the game type.

Did you create the problems from scratch(according to the pdf file) or downloaded the sgf files from the internet? Basically, to create a problem from scratch, please first use "Add black"(two black stone icon) or "Add white"(two white stones icon) to add initial board positions, then switch to black or white move(single stone icon) to add solutions.
You could also send me the zip or a sample sgf file to email address easygo361 at gmail.com for further investigation.

Post #171 Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:48 am 
Lives in gote

xiangz wrote:
Aidoneus wrote:

I guess you meant the games imported are not auto-detected as problems. Below is the except from the help file(bundled in the app and can also be accessed online at http://www.easygo361.com/doc/helpfile/help-en.html)
Quote:
Auto detect problems and games

EasyGo tries to auto detect the type of every games created/imported. The current criteria is: If a game is not a handicapped game and there are setup stones before the first move, it will be treated as a problem. For problems, the list/grid view will show the initial board as thumbnail and there will be right/wrong count in the list view. Tap the problem will go to the problem practice view. You can switch back to edit mode for any problems under My Games folder. The thumbnail for the normal game will be the board position at move 30, and the black name, white name will be shown in the list view, and game name(SGF GN property) will be shown both in list/grid view. Tap the game will go to the game edit or replay view.

From V1.5, if the game type is not detected correctly, you can manually set the game type.

Did you create the problems from scratch(according to the pdf file) or downloaded the sgf files from the internet? Basically, to create a problem from scratch, please first use "Add black"(two black stone icon) or "Add white"(two white stones icon) to add initial board positions, then switch to black or white move(single stone icon) to add solutions.
You could also send me the zip or a sample sgf file to email address easygo361 at gmail.com for further investigation.

Thank you for your quick response. Your program properly recognizes the file as a problem set. However, when I use "Open in..." with EasyGo and its "Import" screen comes up, the only option under "Select Folder" is "My Games" and an arrow to the right to import into a subfolder of "My Games." There doesn't seem to be a way to import directly into the "Problem Library" folder. The same thing happens when trying to import the zipped sgf files from goproblems.com; that is, select folder doesn't seem to be working, at least not to select Problem Library as a destination. And, yes, I read the help file, which claims that one can select the folder to import into. Thank you for any help you may offer me.

Post #172 Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:09 am 
Dies with sente

Aidoneus wrote:

Thank you for your quick response. Your program properly recognizes the file as a problem set. However, when I use "Open in..." with EasyGo and its "Import" screen comes up, the only option under "Select Folder" is "My Games" and an arrow to the right to import into a subfolder of "My Games." There doesn't seem to be a way to import directly into the "Problem Library" folder. The same thing happens when trying to import the zipped sgf files from goproblems.com; that is, select folder doesn't seem to be working, at least not to select Problem Library as a destination. And, yes, I read the help file, which claims that one can select the folder to import into. Thank you for any help you may offer me.

The name "My Games" is misleading, actually it just means user library, where the custom created games and problems are stored, while "Problem Library" is for bundled problems. So, you can't import games or problems to "Problem Library", you could create folder under "My Games", and import games or problems into it.

Post #173 Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:30 am 
Lives in gote

xiangz wrote:
The name "My Games" is misleading, actually it just means user library, where the custom created games and problems are stored, while "Problem Library" is for bundled problems. So, you can't import games or problems to "Problem Library", you could create folder under "My Games", and import games or problems into it.

Thank you for the clarification.

Post #174 Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:09 pm 
Lives in gote

:bow: :clap: :bow: Joseki mode is available :bow: :clap: :bow:

Code:
. _______ _                 _                       
.|__   __| |               | |                       
.   | |  | |__   __ _ _ __ | | __  _   _  ___  _   _
.   | |  | '_ \ / _` | '_ \| |/ / | | | |/ _ \| | | |
.   | |  | | | | (_| | | | |   <  | |_| | (_) | |_| |
.   |_|  |_| |_|\__,_|_| |_|_|\_\  \__, |\___/ \__,_|
.                                   __/ |     | |   
.__   _____ _ __ _   _    _ __ ___ |___/_  ___| |__ 
.\ \ / / _ \ '__| | | |  | '_ ` _ \| | | |/ __| '_ \
. \ V /  __/ |  | |_| |  | | | | | | |_| | (__| | | |
.  \_/ \___|_|   \__, |  |_| |_| |_|\__,_|\___|_| |_|
.                 __/ |                             
.                |___/                         

This post by oca was liked by: RBerenguel

Post #175 Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:27 am 
Dies with sente

oca, you're welcome.

Version 1.7.2 was just available in Appstore, please check it out.. All the current EasyGo users, to support the further development of EasyGo, please help write or update the review in Appstore, thanks a lot.

Change log for V1.7.2:

Enhancements:

• Added a Joseki practice mode, which is similar to the problem pratice, however you have to practice all the variations one by one. As the demo of the new Joseki mode, 32 common invasion patterns(Joseki) are added to the bundled system library, please have a try. Joseki mode for the problems under "My Games" is also supported. Added a Joseki game type for game edit, Joseki type is special mode of problem type. For problems with Joseki type, after walking through one variation, you're prompted to try all the other variations one by one. If all the variations have been tested, the side will be switched and all the variations from the other side will be tested again. Currently there is another difference between problem and Joseki type, for the problem type, all the variations are wrong varations except main line. You have to put "right" or "correct" in the comment of the last move of the varaiton to mark it as correct variation; For the Joseki type, all the moves are correct by default. please long tap the node in the tree view to toggle it as bad move.
• Two finger tap to switch side during problem practice
  • for the problem mode, the system will play the next move for you, and ask you for the move after that
  • for the new Joseki mode, the current position will jump to the first move.
• Now the game type info(normal game, problem or Joseki) is saved in the exported SGF file, and the game type will be kept after importing.
• Shows file name in the list/grid view if the game name property(GN) is an empty string or string with only space. Added an option to force show file name instead of game name property.

Bug Fixes:

• After creating a problem from scratch, if switch to problem test without saving first, then when switch back to game edit mode, the game is gong.

This post by xiangz was liked by 2 people: oca, Progenitor

Post #176 Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:46 am 
Lives in gote

Marcel Grünauer wrote:
Hi,
However, if the problem does contain "RIGHT" somewhere, the main line is still considered correct. I think this is confusing; if I mark some variations as "RIGHT", I intend all other variations to be considered wrong.

Hi Marcel,
I agree with this, but doing that change would not be backward compatible :-?, and so would break my existing problems...
Adding a new tag may solve the compatibility issue, but that may also be even more confusing :scratch: ...

Post #177 Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:32 am 
Dies with sente

Version 1.8 is out, please do me a favor to rate and review on App Store, even you have done it before since App Store only shows the reviews for the latest version by default.

Thank you in advance.

Change log:
• Now you can share games/problems with other users on EasyGo server. Easy export and upload, easy download and import. Share games/problems with others to get EasyGo points, which can be used to download games/problems shared by others.
• Under My Games, mulitple problems can be selected and exported to a PDF file, which can be then emailed or printed directly by AirPrint. Header and footer can be set, and number of problems per row and rows per page can also be configured. (Just the problem itself will be printed, solution won't be printed, and problems under system library are not supported right now.).
• Problem update: the solution for Life and Death, Easy No. 189 has been updated.
• Other bug fixes and performance improvements.

By the way, to celebrate 4 years anniversary, it's 50% off for limited time, please check it out at App Store.

Screenshots for print problems:
Attachment:
print-problem-menu-en.jpg
print-problem-menu-en.jpg [ 31.33 KiB | Viewed 10607 times ]
Attachment:
print-problem-options-en.jpg
print-problem-options-en.jpg [ 34.01 KiB | Viewed 10607 times ]
Attachment:
print-problem-result-en.jpg
print-problem-result-en.jpg [ 72.09 KiB | Viewed 10607 times ]

This post by xiangz was liked by 3 people: Bonobo, oca, Richard Hunter

Post #178 Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:18 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 4
xiangz wrote:
I'll find a way to exclude problems from SRS Study and Test, maybe use tags. For SRS study, I think there should be an option to study problems in sub folders, just as custom test does.

+1 on SRS study in sub folders. Any idea where this is on the ever-expanding to-do list? :)

Post #179 Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:14 am 
Judan

Was liked: 788
I have tried EasyGo Lite and wonder about its differences to EasyGo Pro. In particular, I have these questions:

- Does Pro not have the advertisement pop up window of Lite upon its program start?
- Does Pro have much bigger next / previous move buttons than Lite? Does Pro offer another easy clicking / gesture for going to the next / previous move? I find the tiny buttons in Lite tedious.
- Can Lite or Pro show the current numbers of black and white prisoners or at least their difference (white minus black prisoners stones, i.e., the prisoner difference from Black's view)?
- Does Pro have a tool for arbitrary labels per intersection?
- Can Pro start new SGF diagrams during variations?

Post #180 Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:01 am 
Judan

Was liked: 788
I have just accidentally discovered going to the next/previous move by clicking on the right/left half of the board - very nice!

There is, however, another question: how to pass when editing?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next