It is currently Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: Antti Törmänen 1p lecture
Post #1 Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:45 am 
Dies in gote

Posts: 54
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 18
Rank: EGF 3 dan
Good news everyone !

Some of you may remember the good times of monthly ASR-NGA lectures.
For those who missed it you can find them in our lecture section.

Anyway, we are very happy to announce you that we just renewed contact with those friendly northern men and that a lecture from Antti Törmänen 1p will take place in ASR room the 7th of may 2016 at 11am GMT.
The topic will be "how to handle thickness" and of course it's free for all to attend !

See you there !


This post by litchee was liked by 5 people: Bonobo, daal, Marcel Grünauer, tj86430, wineandgolover
Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Antti Törmänen 1p lecture
Post #2 Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:02 am 
Lives in sente
User avatar

Posts: 850
Liked others: 310
Was liked: 343
Have you considered making videos of the lectures?

_________________
- Brady
Want to see videos of low-dan mistakes and what to learn from them? Brady's Blunders


This post by wineandgolover was liked by: Bonobo
Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Antti Törmänen 1p lecture
Post #3 Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:19 pm 
Lives with ko

Posts: 132
Liked others: 5
Was liked: 30
Rank: Kgs 1 kyu
Universal go server handle: climu
Hi,
Since the event will be texted, we will not record it.
However, we will put the sgf of the lecture in our studygo section afterward.
You think we should record texted events?

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Antti Törmänen 1p lecture
Post #4 Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:32 am 
Lives in sente
User avatar

Posts: 850
Liked others: 310
Was liked: 343
climu wrote:
Hi,
Since the event will be texted, we will not record it.
However, we will put the sgf of the lecture in our studygo section afterward.
You think we should record texted events?


It may not be worth it to record text events, but KGS has voice-capabilities, which I hope you can take advantage of. See the video In-seong did for ASR in 2012 (second vid in list). I think you'll need to convince a friendly admin to enable this voice feature and I can't make any assurances. But pros giving demos on KGS is excellent marketing for them, so I'd hope they'd cooperate.

I still suggest supplying a commented sgf to supplement the video, but the video makes for much easier consumption for those who missed the event.

Thanks.

_________________
- Brady
Want to see videos of low-dan mistakes and what to learn from them? Brady's Blunders

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Antti Törmänen 1p lecture
Post #5 Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:04 am 
Lives with ko

Posts: 132
Liked others: 5
Was liked: 30
Rank: Kgs 1 kyu
Universal go server handle: climu
Quote:
It may not be worth it to record text events, but KGS has voice-capabilities, which I hope you can take advantage of. See the video In-seong did for ASR in 2012 (second vid in list). I think you'll need to convince a friendly admin to enable this voice feature and I can't make any assurances. But pros giving demos on KGS is excellent marketing for them, so I'd hope they'd cooperate.

I still suggest supplying a commented sgf to supplement the video, but the video makes for much easier consumption for those who missed the event.


We are very aware of kgs voice-capabilities. We already have an ASR teacher (with voice) account that we propose for teacher to user. However, some prefer to do text events. It's more work for us since we need to edit the sgf afterward instead of just posting a video. And we understand it's easyer to just watch a video than replay a sgf.
So to be short, we agree with you. We prefer video but some teachers prefer to do text events.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Antti Törmänen 1p lecture
Post #6 Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:59 am 
Lives in sente
User avatar

Posts: 850
Liked others: 310
Was liked: 343
climu wrote:
We are very aware of kgs voice-capabilities. We already have an ASR teacher (with voice) account that we propose for teacher to user. However, some prefer to do text events. It's more work for us since we need to edit the sgf afterward instead of just posting a video. And we understand it's easyer to just watch a video than replay a sgf.
So to be short, we agree with you. We prefer video but some teachers prefer to do text events.


Fair enough. We respect the wishes of our teachers. But, friends of Antti, please convince him to embrace video. :)

Thanks, climu.

_________________
- Brady
Want to see videos of low-dan mistakes and what to learn from them? Brady's Blunders

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group