It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Grace period for late adds into the league?
Post #1 Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:58 am 
Site Admin

Liked others: 18
Was liked: 121
Universal go server handle: Jordus
I am wondering if perhaps there should be a grace period for people added into the league late. Something along the lines of "if you were added so far into the month, you only need to complete two games. Or perhaps if you are added so late in the month, you can not be kicked that month.

Has this been discussed before? Does this sound feasible?

I ask because of my current situation:

I was added on the 20th or 21st and have only been able to get two games despite being online during some point in the day most of the days so far. The majority of the people in my class who have signed in on these days are in a timezone completely opposite of mine.
*Dramatic Music plays - the following words recited in a movie preview type voice* "Will he make the last two games in time... 24 hours until the deadline... Only two options... play or lose it all... Starring Jordus in his first Action Go Thriller... 'Kick or be kicked'... coming to theaters near you"

Post subject: Re: Grace period for late adds into the league?
Post #2 Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:19 am 
Tengen

Liked others: 1589
Was liked: 656
GD Posts: 918
KGS: topazg
Yeah, this is a good idea. We have discussed it, and want to implement something along these lines.

In the meantime (and this clearly needs to be made more explicit), anyone who hasn't played 4 games can still request to stay in the league can still request not to be kicked and that's fine by us - the aim of the rule is to keep the league free of people uninterested in continuing, and there are plenty of good reasons that can make it hard to play the games that we accept.

Post #3 Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:08 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 96
Was liked: 100
topazg wrote:
Yeah, this is a good idea. We have discussed it, and want to implement something along these lines.

In the meantime (and this clearly needs to be made more explicit), anyone who hasn't played 4 games can still request to stay in the league can still request not to be kicked and that's fine by us - the aim of the rule is to keep the league free of people uninterested in continuing, and there are plenty of good reasons that can make it hard to play the games that we accept.

If someone doesn't get the minimum number of games, but then requests to stay in the league, are they automatically demoted? Do they go straight back to Epsilon?

Post #4 Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:09 am 
Tengen

Liked others: 1589
Was liked: 656
GD Posts: 918
KGS: topazg
cdybeijing wrote:
If someone doesn't get the minimum number of games, but then requests to stay in the league, are they automatically demoted? Do they go straight back to Epsilon?

Demoted.

Post #5 Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:59 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 102
Was liked: 66
KGS: stalkor
its true that players who sign up later for the league have a horter period of time to get their minimum amount of games in. however i think 10 days for 4 games is more then enough time. if you think you can not make it in that period you have either the chance to tell an admin they will not make the minimum and want to stay in the league, or they sign up for the next months league, which is possible any time of the month.