It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: December Gamma Experience - Could it be better?
Post #21 Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:42 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 102
Was liked: 66
KGS: stalkor
i dont have a problem if ppl can play more then 2 or 3 serious games a day, but imo it should not be all league games every day, you gotta have time to breath and do other stuff too like experiment. i think that a lot of ppl would be generally scared to see they are 25 games behind for promotion and would be totally discouraged because of it.

Post #22 Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:39 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
One of the big differences for people coming from the new delta to Gamma is the massive drop in available games as a result of the much smaller class size, maybe it would be a better idea for there to be a more gradual reduction in the class sizes as you progress through the pyramid system.

Also, I think that it is natural for gamma to be one of the least active groups as there will be a mix of people who have tried the league out for a month and are not that into it, or feel like it can't be a regular commitment for them; and also people who are coming down from the higher groups because they are lowering their activity.

In this respect, their may be more of a case for Gamma being the big group than Delta (something that I wouldn't necessarily advocate)

But i do i think that for the league to continue and thrive, it has to appeal to not only active players, but to active players with a long-term commitment. I think that having a bigger Gamma group or even one large pool similar to Delta would ensure that the people going forward would be more active and that people who are slowly dropping out of the league and people who are giving up after a month can just get lost in the mix.

Post #23 Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:33 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 1
KGS: Ojisama
I have been in the ASR league for almost a year and a half, and it played a big part in me getting better! I'm actually in gamma1 and it was crazy hard for me to get games (especially in the beginning of the month). Here is my Personal opinion, Gamma needs to be bigger, it's just totally non-motivating to login and never find anyone online to play against (it happened to me in past months this year and it really got me annoyed). Delta last month was the best experience i had this year in ASR (But it still couldn't measure to the awesome atmosphere that was in the ASR last year), and i was happy to be active again in the league. But as Catsoldier said I guess demoting to delta is not so bad now since at least I'll get plenty of games next month.

Post #24 Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:06 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 102
Was liked: 66
KGS: stalkor
I posted about changes next month on the ASR front page. We are making d
Gamma 25 per class and will give the option for 1d+ to be seeded into gamma.

Post #25 Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:28 am 
Oza

Liked others: 2338
Was liked: 1332
KGS: ez4u
Can you believe it? After six hours in the January league, the most active class is... Gamma IV!!! :o They have already played four games. We December Fourites needed the whole first week to complete four games. I did not expect such a rapid recovery from my presence. God help beta II is all I can say now. :blackeye: