It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: Re: q5go-1.1.1: Tweaks and improvements
Post #141 Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:20 pm 
Lives in gote

Posts: 573
Liked others: 20
Was liked: 32
Rank: Fox Tygem 6d
KGS: emerus
Tygem: emerus
OGS: emerus
Do q5go databases have a tagging feature? That is one of my favorite Kombilo features. It allows games to be tagged as 'Seen' or tagged by particular opening/joseki/handicap etc...

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: q5go-1.1.1: Tweaks and improvements
Post #142 Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:44 am 
Lives with ko

Posts: 222
Liked others: 37
Was liked: 92
Rank: 2d
emerus wrote:
Do q5go databases have a tagging feature? That is one of my favorite Kombilo features. It allows games to be tagged as 'Seen' or tagged by particular opening/joseki/handicap etc...

Not yet. I did notice that games got greyed out in the list when you looked at them, and I was planning to do that as well, but I don't even recall seeing a more involved tagging feature.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: q5go-1.1.1: Tweaks and improvements
Post #143 Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:30 am 
Oza
User avatar

Posts: 2305
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Liked others: 2192
Was liked: 1298
Rank: Jp 6 dan
KGS: ez4u
Now that we combine search with analysis we should be thinking of new capabilities. One that comes to mind would be to take a position, search the database, and automatically analyze and display the X most frequent continuations that humans have played historically. What do you think? Would such a thing be possible?

_________________
Dave Sigaty
"Short-lived are both the praiser and the praised, and rememberer and the remembered..."
- Marcus Aurelius; Meditations, VIII 21

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: q5go-1.1.1: Tweaks and improvements
Post #144 Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:46 am 
Lives with ko

Posts: 222
Liked others: 37
Was liked: 92
Rank: 2d
ez4u wrote:
Now that we combine search with analysis we should be thinking of new capabilities. One that comes to mind would be to take a position, search the database, and automatically analyze and display the X most frequent continuations that humans have played historically. What do you think? Would such a thing be possible?

I'm certainly not opposed to adding useful features, but I'm not entirely sure what you have in mind beyond what is already there. When you say "automatically", do you imagine this as a sort of live analysis feature like engine analysis? I guess I'm asking for a more detailed description.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: q5go-1.1.1: Tweaks and improvements
Post #145 Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:11 pm 
Oza
User avatar

Posts: 2305
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Liked others: 2192
Was liked: 1298
Rank: Jp 6 dan
KGS: ez4u
Now we have the ability to put a position on the board and analyze it using an engine like Katago...
Attachment:
Analysis - 800.jpg
Analysis - 800.jpg [ 103.46 KiB | Viewed 591 times ]

Alternatively we have the ability to take that same position and search a database of human games like GoGoD...
Attachment:
Search - 800.jpg
Search - 800.jpg [ 88.58 KiB | Viewed 591 times ]

What I am imagining is the ability to take for example the top five human choices, explicitly send them to the analysis engine, and get back the winrate/score estimate for those five choices.
Attachment:
Search highlight - 800.jpg
Search highlight - 800.jpg [ 90.1 KiB | Viewed 591 times ]

q5go might display the analysis of the top X moves on the board, or it might add the analysis to the bar chart of results on the right side of the search screen.
The position that I chose is not ideal perhaps, because all the main human choices are already in the analysis picture above. :) However, there are situations where they are not.

This is really just off the top of my head. I was in the process of thinking of what existing capabilities in kombilo I would prioritize for support by q5go. However, then I thought that we should be looking for new capabilities for this new tool. Capabilities that kombilo cannot provide.

_________________
Dave Sigaty
"Short-lived are both the praiser and the praised, and rememberer and the remembered..."
- Marcus Aurelius; Meditations, VIII 21


This post by ez4u was liked by 2 people: bernds, Waylon
Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: q5go-1.1.1: Tweaks and improvements
Post #146 Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:40 am 
Lives with ko

Posts: 222
Liked others: 37
Was liked: 92
Rank: 2d
ez4u wrote:
q5go might display the analysis of the top X moves on the board, or it might add the analysis to the bar chart of results on the right side of the search screen.
The position that I chose is not ideal perhaps, because all the main human choices are already in the analysis picture above. :) However, there are situations where they are not.

This is really just off the top of my head. I was in the process of thinking of what existing capabilities in kombilo I would prioritize for support by q5go. However, then I thought that we should be looking for new capabilities for this new tool. Capabilities that kombilo cannot provide.

Thanks, I think I understand now. That's slightly different than what I had pictured first - I was thinking of adding "Database" to the list of engines available in the normal board window and then displaying the search results as if they had come from an engine, with winrates and such.
No reason we couldn't do both, although it'll probably take some time to get these things working.


This post by bernds was liked by: ez4u
Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: q5go-1.1.1: Tweaks and improvements
Post #147 Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:40 pm 
Oza
User avatar

Posts: 2305
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Liked others: 2192
Was liked: 1298
Rank: Jp 6 dan
KGS: ez4u
One thing that I would love to see as an improvement on kombilo would be better export of search results in a file. I have done a lot of large-scale historical searches for some of my posts on fuseki development, player histories, and so forth. I am probably an outlier in this regard. But so what! :D

Right now I can hit "include game list" when I am exporting a search result. This adds the list to the text box of results. I copy and paste the list into Excel (in my case) but then have to go through the process of parsing the list. Kombilo currently reports the White and Black players as something like "Cho Han-seung - Jiang Weijie", which requires parsing (and be careful if some of the players names include the same dash that is used to separate the two names, as Cho's does here!).

Much better would be to output a simple CSV file with each field distinct. I would recommend that at least the following items be included:
White player, Black player, winner (this would be simply W,B,J,N,U), result (this would be something like W+2.5), komi, date, move number (where the position occurs in the game, e.g. 5 for move 5), continuation (A, B, etc.).

_________________
Dave Sigaty
"Short-lived are both the praiser and the praised, and rememberer and the remembered..."
- Marcus Aurelius; Meditations, VIII 21

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: q5go-1.1.1: Tweaks and improvements
Post #148 Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:08 pm 
Lives with ko

Posts: 222
Liked others: 37
Was liked: 92
Rank: 2d
ez4u wrote:
Much better would be to output a simple CSV file with each field distinct. I would recommend that at least the following items be included:
White player, Black player, winner (this would be simply W,B,J,N,U), result (this would be something like W+2.5),
I think I would not distinguish winner and result and just quote the SGF result field. It's an arbitrary string, and I think a user who wants to use such a CSV file is in a better position to interpret the results.
Quote:
komi, date, move number (where the position occurs in the game, e.g. 5 for move 5), continuation (A, B, etc.).
For continuation - A, B, C, or coordinates? I guess a checkbox in the export dialog could sort that out.
I'll add it to the list. For the moment I just want to release a 2.0 version with what is there now, but after that I'll look into improvements.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: q5go-1.1.1: Tweaks and improvements
Post #149 Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:21 pm 
Oza
User avatar

Posts: 2305
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Liked others: 2192
Was liked: 1298
Rank: Jp 6 dan
KGS: ez4u
bernds wrote:
...I think I would not distinguish winner and result and just quote the SGF result field. It's an arbitrary string, and I think a user who wants to use such a CSV file is in a better position to interpret the results...

I stuck results into the list because it is there. However, I think that the only time I was interested in the actual point spread was in a post on half point wins. In my experience winner as a single letter is much more useful. If only result is given, the user always has to parse that field. So I would lobby for doing the heavy lifting once in your code and let the lazy analyst (me) "take it EZ"! :bow:

Of course there is no rush on this. I am in awe of the effort that you have put into this program over the years. Please, keep it up and make sure that it remains personally rewarding for you.

_________________
Dave Sigaty
"Short-lived are both the praiser and the praised, and rememberer and the remembered..."
- Marcus Aurelius; Meditations, VIII 21


This post by ez4u was liked by: bernds
Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: q5go-2.0: Pattern search and online improvements
Post #150 Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:39 am 
Lives with ko

Posts: 222
Liked others: 37
Was liked: 92
Rank: 2d
I've now uploaded the current state as a 2.0 release.


This post by bernds was liked by 2 people: And, apetresc
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group