It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Go Club in North Carolina, US.
Post #1 Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:37 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 35
Was liked: 4
KGS: DeaconJohn
The Triad Area Go Club

A bunch of us Triad Area go players have been meeting most Monday nights in the Borders Books cafe in Winston-Salem NC for fun, fellowship, and go. Very informal. We have been meeting since March and usually have 3 or 4 players show up.

We have an AGA 2.8 dan, Jason Bates, Aimless on KGS, who comes to most of our meetings. The rest of us are single digit kyus and learn a lot from Jason. He is a very good teacher.

Our regular meeting is the second Monday of every month, and, other meetings are arranged week by week. If you are ever in the area on a Monday evening, please stop by and say hello.

If you would like to be added to our weekly mailing list, please drop me a line at "deaconjohnwinstonsalem@gmail.com". Here a link to our web site. There you will find directions, a map, meeting times (6-8:30pm) and a few other details.

http://promotego.org/locations/triad-area-go-club

Note: The Triad is the three NC cities Greensboro, High Point, and Winston-Salem.

Post subject: Re: New Go Club in North Carolina, US.
Post #2 Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:25 am 
Oza

Liked others: 237
Was liked: 662
GD Posts: 4312
Online playing schedule: Every tenth February 29th from 20:00-20:01 (if time permits)
Do you ever meet on Saturday afternoons? Three or four times a year I drive down Rt 52 to Winston-Salem from Virigina, have lunch at the Nawab Indian restaurant just across the other side of I40 from you meeting place and then go shopping on Hanes Mall Boulevard. If you do I might stop in one of these days.