It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: igolocal
Post #1 Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:24 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 8
Was liked: 18
Universal go server handle: Yukontodd
Online playing schedule: Find me on OGS these days.
Igolocal doesn't seem to be taking new registrations ... at least it won't let me register. Since I can't register, I can't log a bug report. I figure no one who has this bug can file a bug report, so it might be nice if someone here who's registered there could file one for us.

When registering, I get a message to mark google map with a valid location. The map IS marked, but it doesn't seem to go through, anyway. I live in Porter Creek, Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, Canada, so that's the location I'm marking. Perhaps, for some reason, the territories are considered invalid? (I've come across this on other sites).

Thanks in advance to whomever posts a bug report for us folks who are left out in the cold.:)

Edit: July 22

No response here so far, from any of the 50 or so people who read it. Nice. If you're stuck like me, this is what worked:

1.Igolocal won't let you click the map in a remote (with no other player anywhere around) area. Register clicking in the middle of populated USA on the map.

2. Go to profile page. Igolocal still won't let you just change your location. Change another field (I changed the "Information when someone views your profile" field) AND your location at the same time, then click save.

When I get around to it, I'll post a bug report there, probably later today. Until then, I hope this works for you too!

Post subject: Re: igolocal
Post #2 Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:59 am 
Oza

Liked others: 1180
Was liked: 552
send a pm to cthomas: http://www.lifein19x19.com/forum/member ... file&u=157

he's the owner and creator

he may not have seen this thread yet

Post subject: Re: igolocal
Post #3 Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:29 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 8
Was liked: 18
Universal go server handle: Yukontodd
Online playing schedule: Find me on OGS these days.
Thanks. I already put a bug report in on the site, now that I got myself registered.

Now if only wbaduk.com would let me register! What is it with go sites not letting me in! I'll even bathe!