Post #1 Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:48 pm 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 12
Was liked: 31
GD Posts: 417
KGS: badukboris
There are four NAIM qualifying tournaments scheduled for June. One each Weekend

First
June starts out with the KGS NAIM Qualifier on June 5-6th. There will be two rounds each day, preregistration is a must and should be done no later than June 4th.

(badukboris@gmail.com to preregister)

The Second on June 12th, Organized by Andrew Okun

"The 4th Annual Santa Monica Coffee Cup will be held this coming Saturday June 12 at the Unurban Coffeehouse, 3301 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica. The event will be a one-day, three-round, AGA-rated tournament, Japanese rules. Pre-registration is essential, although we are expanding the maximum number of players to 48. (It could be cramped … a couple of you may be playing outside, sitting on bar stools or standing up!) The format will be the same as previous years, the coffee will still be strong and the food will still be good." contact : abc@okun.name

The third is July 13th all the way on the other side of the country in New York

There are four rounds of AGA rated games starting at 10 am. Pre-register please. email badukboris@gmail.com

The month ends with:

The second KGS NAIM qualifier, on june 26th-27th. Again preregistration is a must, and will be accepted no later than June 23rd.
Contact is badukboris@gmail.com

Post subject: Re: NAIM Qualifiers
Post #2 Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:43 pm 
Dies with sente

not to spam, but bump..

Seriously though if anyone who reads this want to play, please register, otherwise next weekend KGS tourney will be canceled.

Its free to participate!

Post #3 Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:16 pm 
Gosei

Liked others: 49
Was liked: 129
What is NAIM?

e: apparently this

Post #4 Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:10 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 29
Was liked: 176
GD Posts: 1072
Where is the tournament webpage for this event? I can't find any information about it at all. Timetable? Rules? Format? Registrants?

Post #5 Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:03 am 
Dies with sente

pwaldron wrote:
Where is the tournament webpage for this event? I can't find any information about it at all. Timetable? Rules? Format? Registrants?

As of now there are no webpages to speak of other than the facebook page. I provided emails so that interested parties can ask.

-Boris

Post #6 Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:39 am 
Lives in gote

wessanenoctupus wrote:
As of now there are no webpages to speak of other than the facebook page. I provided emails so that interested parties can ask.

This is probably a significant part there's such little interest in the event. There's no webpage for the 2010 NAIM, nor for the qualifier, no E-Journal announcements, no banner announcement on KGS and the event doesn't appear in the AGA's upcoming tournament list. It's going to be tough getting a meaningful response based solely on a often-buried thread in a go forum.

Post #7 Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:46 pm 
Dies with sente

pwaldron wrote:
wessanenoctupus wrote:

This is probably a significant part there's such little interest in the event. There's no webpage for the 2010 NAIM, nor for the qualifier, no E-Journal announcements, no banner announcement on KGS and the event doesn't appear in the AGA's upcoming tournament list. It's going to be tough getting a meaningful response based solely on a often-buried thread in a go forum.

I have posted the tournaments on usgo.org, but for some reason they have not apeared yet. And chris is not getting back to me.

What should I do? Frankly I do not have much time to do more than I have been doing.

Post #8 Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:20 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 54
Was liked: 216
There's more info in an email going around? Maybe you could post that here, along with a request for someone to contact you to help make a webpage. I think there are people around willing to help the AGA on very small projects like this one. This entire forum was built by volunteers when they saw something small they could help on.

Post #9 Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:34 am 
Oza

Liked others: 1180
Was liked: 552
wessanenoctupus wrote:
I have posted the tournaments on usgo.org, but for some reason they have not apeared yet. And chris is not getting back to me.

What should I do? Frankly I do not have much time to do more than I have been doing.

Who is the primary TD for the NAIM? I don't just mean for the individual qualifiers. I mean the one who is tracking qualifying points from the qualifiers for the main event? I wonder how many and who are qualified already, and how many open slots are left?

You need to contact them and let them know the issues you are running into. Maybe they have more influential pull to help get things done.

Whoever is running the main event, should have help setup webpages, schedules, rules, etc for not only the main event, but also for the qualifiers also.

Steve (the webmaster) should be able to help answer why the postings are not appearing on the tournaments event page (not Chris), but this still does not substitute for a primary set of pages for the overall event.

Don't know why Chris is not publishing your events in the EJournal. Most likely because he's been traveling in China for the WAGC. If I were him, it might also be because there's no primary set of pages describing the whole event to link to (again, not really your fault here, if you're just trying to run a qualifying event).

Post #10 Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:52 pm 
Dies with sente

actaully i am sort of running the naim this year. Mainly its my duty to make sure all the qualifiers happen. I was supposed be the National TC but my work and school made it too difficult.

edit*

I spoke to chris and he will be anouncing it shortly. If someone has the time to make a NAIM qualifyer webpage let me know, I will provide you with all the info of the different events.

Post #11 Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:53 am 
Dies with sente

Helel wrote:
xed_over wrote:
(again, not really your fault here, if you're just trying to run a qualifying event).

wessanenoctupus wrote:
actaully i am sort of running the naim this year.

Then it is clearly your fault. :twisted: Repent!

Forgive me Go-Father for I have sinned...

Post #12 Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:22 am 
Lives in gote

wessanenoctupus wrote:
If someone has the time to make a NAIM qualifyer webpage let me know, I will provide you with all the info of the different events.

Why not just copy last year's page and change the names and dates?

Post #13 Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:29 am 
Dies with sente

It seems I made a typo the new York tournament is June 13 th not July. Oren will be putting up the webpages shortly.

Post #14 Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:45 am 
Oza

Liked others: 251
Was liked: 549
KGS: oren
Tygem: oren740, orenl
IGS: oren
Wbaduk: oren
pwaldron wrote:
wessanenoctupus wrote:
If someone has the time to make a NAIM qualifyer webpage let me know, I will provide you with all the info of the different events.

Why not just copy last year's page and change the names and dates?

I just completed this. :)

Post #15 Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:43 am 
Lives in gote

As a matter of interest, why the change to the eligibility requirements this year? Players never used to have to have ten rated games in order to be eligible.

Post #16 Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:48 am 
Dies with sente

I have no Idea phil, when i tried to protest this i was quickly and thoroughly put down. And the games have to be proir to the qualifiers, so the games themselves dont count towrd the ten....

Post #17 Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:54 am 
Oza

Liked others: 251
Was liked: 549
KGS: oren
Tygem: oren740, orenl
IGS: oren
Wbaduk: oren
I think the 10 games and the continuous membership probably made the qualifiers pointless. I think it's going to be difficult to just have an eligible field at the tournament.

Post #18 Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:42 pm 
Gosei

Liked others: 543
Was liked: 450
GD Posts: 1000
wessanenoctupus wrote:
I have no Idea phil, when i tried to protest this i was quickly and thoroughly put down. And the games have to be proir to the qualifiers, so the games themselves dont count towrd the ten....

I'm very much out of the AGA loop but could the 10 rated games requirement mean that they want people who are actually active players? This is the North American tournament. Is it unreasonable to ask that players should be involved with the local go scene? If the strong players play in local tournaments it will benefit local go. Also, I have noticed that several countries clearly didn't send their strongest player(s) to the WAGC. I guess that is intended to spread the wealth. The 10 rated game requirement might bring new faces into the NAIM tournament.

Post #19 Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:47 pm 
Gosei

Liked others: 152
Was liked: 330
GD Posts: 1193
KGS: lavalamp
Tygem: imapenguin
IGS: lavalamp
OGS: daniel_the_smith
Wow, it's 10 rated games *in the past year*-- that's quite a few. It could easily take attendance at three tournaments to fill that quota. I managed it in two tournaments this year, but that's because I'm insane, hehe.

Post #20 Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:11 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 25
Was liked: 5
GD Posts: 262
Thanks to lack of notice on rules and requirements, I can't even make it because 1) tournaments are too far away, and 2) I'm on plane for both of online tournaments, and finally, 3) I'm not even sure I have ten games, largely due to alternate commitments.