It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: New SGFEditor Open Source
Post #21 Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:10 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 2
I created a new release of SgfEditor at sgfeditor.codeplex.com, declaring v1.05 for the C# WPF desktop version. I pushed an update to the win8 store, v1.05, which should pass certification in the next couple of days.

From the codeplex release notes:
* Added support for AW property in the initial board state when parsing files, both win8 and WPF versions.
* Generalized handling of the AB property (doesn't have to match an HA property), both win8 and WPF versions.
* Fixed a race condition in the win8 version where launching the app via file activation could check for an unnamed auto save file and force the user to re-open the activated file.
* Added text to the Game Info dialog in both win8 and WPF version as guidance for how to change the handicap.
* Cleanups to two ...notes.txt files.
* Checked in package.storeassociation.xml and ...storekey.pfx files, which Microsoft says they expect to be checked into open source projects, nothing private there.

Cheers,
Bill

Post #22 Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:31 am 
Beginner

I pushed a new release of this to the win8 app store. All the code is still at sgfeditor.codeplex.com. I haven't yet bundled a release on codeplex with the latest wpf sources since I need to port a few things over to it from the winrt sources.

This release has a few bug fixes, support AW and AB on the initial board node, and a few comment editing features, such as saving comment to clipboard as sort of an undo, and a few tweaks to the tree view to make some things more visible.

Cheers,
Bill

Post #23 Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:52 am 
Beginner

I pushed a new update of the SgfEditor app for Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 to the store today. This is still free and all the code is at sgfeditor.codeplex.com. I've started a win10 port and have it working but need to beat on it a bunch before releasing it (and figure out my strategy for small screens and devices). The WPF Windows desktop version is far behind the win8 version, but with win10, you can run an app in any window as if it were a desktop app (though yeah, you still need to go through the store to get it).

In this update release to the app store:
* fixed keyboard input issue with focus in the comment box and some keys getting handled globally
* added ctrl-t to convert index references to the current move to "this" for easier reading
* now gracefully handle if user deletes open file and then tries to save game later
* changed file name and game state feedback in UI for easier viewing
* updated help text
* now support multiple open files and switching between them
* ctrl-leftarrow now moves back in game history to closest node that has branches
* some minor bug fixes
* better recovering from encountering bad nodes parsed from file and reporting issue to user
* work around windows 10 backward compatibility bug that was causing app to crash on win10

Cheers,
Bill