All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2013-01-19: US Youth Go Championships—Kyu Players Wanted
Post #1 Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:24 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 8262
Was liked: 924
OGS: trohde
Universal go server handle: trohde
I really, really, really wonder why I never read this announcement here (did I miss it?) <edit> OK, perhaps I’m just too fast :D </edit> … anyway, here is what the AGF newsletter told me today. I’d have linked the webpage for viewing it but the link contains some funny personal code for my newsletter subscription and you could unsub me from those mailings, so…

Quote:
Kyu Players Wanted

There is still time to register for the US Youth Go Championships, which will be held Jan. 19th on KGS. All AGA members who are under 18, and live in the US, are eligible, there will be prizes awarded every five ranks. Think you might be the best 22 kyu out there? Try your hand in the 21-25 kyu bracket. All games will be even within rank brackets of roughly five stones. All dan level games will be further subdivided by age – under 18 and under 12. Winners will receive a beautiful etched glass trophy, 2nd place in each bracket gets a Sai plushie. Everyone who enters will be eligible for AGF scholarships to either the AGA Go Camp or the US Go Congress, first come first served. The scholarships are worth $400 at camp, or $200 at congress. You may enter at a rank higher than your official AGA rank, but may not enter at a lower one. The registration deadline is Sunday, January 13th. To register, e-mail youth@usgo.org with your name, rank, birthday, AGA ID, KGS ID, and citizenship.

—Story and Photo by Paul Barchilon, E-J Youth Editor.

This was brought to you by Tom in Germany :cool:

<edit>

OK, I guess I should’ve just searched and posted this link: http://www.usgo.org/news/2012/12/us-you ... ip-jan-19/

</edit>

Attachments:
File comment: Young players at the 2010 Go Congress
Young players at the 2010 Go Congress.jpg
Young players at the 2010 Go Congress.jpg [ 81.03 KiB | Viewed 2275 times ]