It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Streaming go
Post #1 Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:44 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
Tygem: 6 dan
I dunno if this is the right place (didn't find anything similar from these forums) to announce this. But yea.
Some random 3 dan dude from Finland is going to stream some tygem 6 dan go (not many games played yet so can't really be higher rank).

I'll comment some of my and my opponents moves during the game.
Also when I lose I'll probably find the mistakes I made and explain what went wrong.
And when I win I just say they suck and be disappointed.

So tune in and say I suck so I won't stream ever again <3
Today around 16 CET at http://www.twitch.tv/nimerib/
And twitter https://twitter.com/nimeribGo where I'll most likely announce when I go online.

Obviously some constructive criticism is also appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Streaming go
Post #2 Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:05 am 
Oza

Liked others: 1304
Was liked: 1128
Thanks for letting us know, but if not many people show up, you might consider doing it at a different time. At 16 CET many people won't be home from work/school in Europe, and 16 CET is 10 a.m. on the US east coast/ 7 a.m. on the US west coast, which isn't the best time either.

Post #3 Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:12 am 
Beginner

The time is kinda intended for the first stream. I'll try different streaming times if I get positive feedback.

Post #4 Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:38 am 
Oza

Liked others: 662
Was liked: 442
Universal go server handle: Boidhre
I watched a bit there (just some yose). It was interesting, thanks. I'll probably watch any recordings you keep on your channel (do this, it'll help with the timezone issue somewhat).

Post #5 Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:11 am 
Beginner

Recordings are there but dunno how long twitch will keep them (was quite vague about how long, just not indefinite :) ).

At the end of the stream I got slightly tired and my reading was quite bad at that point and amount of comments seemed to lessen (at least that is what I felt). So (at the moment ) it seems I can't really stream more than 2-3 hours (*cough cough, should work on my endurance ^^).

I'll probably stream again this week and hopefully tygem works for me and get slightly more interesting games than I got today.

Post #6 Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:12 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 662
Was liked: 442
Universal go server handle: Boidhre
nimerib wrote:
Recordings are there but dunno how long twitch will keep them (was quite vague about how long, just not indefinite :) ).

At the end of the stream I got slightly tired and my reading was quite bad at that point and amount of comments seemed to lessen (at least that is what I felt). So (at the moment ) it seems I can't really stream more than 2-3 hours (*cough cough, should work on my endurance ^^).

I'll probably stream again this week and hopefully tygem works for me and get slightly more interesting games than I got today.

Uploading to Youtube seems to be the done thing for archiving. It's pretty straightforward, just read up on what to let Youtube do and what not to let it do to your videos!