Lives with ko

Liked others: 28
Was liked: 12
GD Posts: 42
KGS: Nikolas73
DGS: Nikolas73
Dear Friends,

I am excited and proud to announce the launch of http://www.allaboutgo.com

This is a new Go website that was developed for over seven months. My goal with the website is not only to teach Go, but also to promote the knowledge, culture and beauty of the game. Please enjoy all of the content on this website, including:

Go Lessons
-A Flash Go tutorial and text lessons for players up to 10k level. More advanced lessons will be added over time.

Go Articles
-A collaborative Go blog for the community. Soon you will see many new articles written by Alexandre Dinerchtein 3p, Hajin Lee 3p, Younggil An 8p, Tyler Reynolds (VP of Canadian Go Association) and Paul Barchilon (VP of American Go Foundation).

Community Toolbar
Available at http://allaboutgo.ourtoolbar.com - This free Go toolbar for Firefox, IE and Safari provides you with RSS from GoSensations and free Go4Go Professional Game Records, quick access to Sensei's Library search and KGS, lets you play live 9x9 games from your browser window, helps you discover new Go websites, and more. Please try it and leave feedback about the toolbar in this thread as I am always trying to improve it.

Go Gallery
I have collected some Go images and stories from around the web and made them into a gallery. It's somewhat empty at the moment, so please contact me if you want to share something (of course you will be given attribution and a link to your website or email if you wish).

Go History
Much effort has been put into reasearching the history of Go in China, Korea, Japan, Europe and North America. Please have a look through and let me know if you feel something should be added. There is also a timeline which provides a brief summary of most of the events covered on the website.

Alexandre Dinerchtein has donated a collection of 20 commented Japanese professional games, which are available here.

I want to make a special offer to Life in 19x19 Members: The first 3 people to send me messages will get one month of free advertising for their Go-related website or blog under the "sponsored links" sidebar box. (It is my intention to keep AllAboutGo.com completely free, but I see no harm in a few Go-related links to help cover server and domain costs).

Finally, I have entered this website in a Canadian web design competition. If it wins it will be viewed by hundreds of youth in Canada, and hopefully some will continue with Go. So please, help me improve the website. Reply to this thead and tell me what you like, what you don't like... this is as much your website as it is mine. Enjoy!