Lives in gote

Liked others: 154
Was liked: 118
KGS: Ferran
IGS: Ferran
OGS: Ferran
AGA's news wrote:
Discovery Cup: new tournament for young players

A new tournament for young players has been founded. It is the Discovery Cup (using the English word “discovery”), which is open to professionals and inseis at the Nihon Ki-in and Kansai Ki-in up to 2-dan and up to 18 years of age. The tournament is an unofficial one, so results will not be included in players’ official records. The preliminary tournament started on the Net on March 23; the top eight players will qualify for the main tournament, starting on April 29, which will be held at the Nihon Ki-in. The tournament follows the NHK format.

The page for the tournament is here.

Take care.

Post subject: Re: Discovery cup
Post #2 Posted: Mon May 04, 2020 7:01 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 1
Was liked: 2
Ferran wrote:
AGA's news wrote:
Discovery Cup: new tournament for young players

A new tournament for young players has been founded. It is the Discovery Cup (using the English word “discovery”), which is open to professionals and inseis at the Nihon Ki-in and Kansai Ki-in up to 2-dan and up to 18 years of age. The tournament is an unofficial one, so results will not be included in players’ official records. The preliminary tournament started on the Net on March 23; the top eight players will qualify for the main tournament, starting on April 29, which will be held at the Nihon Ki-in. The tournament follows the NHK format.

The page for the tournament is here.

Take care.

Hi, Is there any information in English since the site to which the link was given in Chinese?

Post #3 Posted: Mon May 25, 2020 1:21 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 154
Was liked: 118
KGS: Ferran
IGS: Ferran
OGS: Ferran
Holly Miller wrote:
Hi, Is there any information in English since the site to which the link was given in Chinese?

Sorry, it skipped my radar.

Not to my knowledge. In fact, I haven't been able to find anything else besides some announcement posts on Twitter. I was hoping, back when I posted, that there woul dbe more information and/or someone would know how to get it.

Sorry.

Take care.

PS: If you try to auto-translate what little information there is, set your language to Japanese, not Chinese.

Post #4 Posted: Mon May 25, 2020 4:59 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 1
Was liked: 2
Hi, thank you for reply
I have found some short information about the event. Link here https://www.usgo.org/news/2020/04/the-power-report-discovery-cup-new-tournament-for-young-players-amateur-wins-seat-in-kisei-c-league-amateur-wins-seat-in-kisei-c-league/