Life In 19x19
http://lifein19x19.com/

Fox Go Server
http://lifein19x19.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15676
Page 3 of 3

Author:  spook [ Tue May 07, 2019 4:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Fox Go Server

Some more questions, I had:

- Roughly, how many games does it take to advance from one level to the next ? (e.g. from 3d to 4d)

- There is a green button to start a game, but what is the purple button for. (i.e. the one on the right of it) ?

Thank you in advance.

Author:  Knotwilg [ Tue May 07, 2019 5:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Fox Go Server

A 16-2 as a 1D got me to 3D
Next a 22-17 as 3D got me to 4D

Author:  Knotwilg [ Tue May 07, 2019 5:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Fox Go Server

spook wrote:

- There is a green button to start a game, but what is the purple button for. (i.e. the one on the right of it) ?

Thank you in advance.


I tried a tool where you can draw chinese characters and it will translate them. It translates to "A dry ..." and then something.
Google translate also has the feature. It yields "One thousand ...". Again the last character is hard to find.

Maybe a bet of 1000?

Author:  Uberdude [ Tue May 07, 2019 6:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Fox Go Server

spook wrote:
Some more questions, I had:

- Roughly, how many games does it take to advance from one level to the next ? (e.g. from 3d to 4d)

- There is a green button to start a game, but what is the purple button for. (i.e. the one on the right of it) ?

Thank you in advance.


1. Fox works on a win X out of your last Y games to go up 1 or 2 ranks system, where X and Y vary based on your rank. You can see how many games you personally need to win/lose on your user info to promote/demote, the green and red up down arrows with number of games. (Below is 12 wins up 1 rank, 16 wins up 2 ranks, 13 losses down 1, 17 losses down 2).
Attachment:
fox info.PNG
fox info.PNG [ 332.79 KiB | Viewed 2814 times ]


Click 'Ranked Game Rules' button to see the rules across the ranks.
Attachment:
fox rankup.png
fox rankup.png [ 198.97 KiB | Viewed 2814 times ]


2. Assuming you mean the purple button with text '一子千金' it's a special game mode in which captures count for double points, to encourage killing. See forum/viewtopic.php?p=238734#p238734

P.S. Knotwilg, rather than drawing I take a screenshot and online OCR e.g. http://www.i2ocr.com/free-online-chines ... tional-ocr

Author:  spook [ Wed May 15, 2019 8:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Fox Go Server

Thank you ! :)
Great stuff.

Author:  Sumatakyo [ Sat May 18, 2019 7:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Fox Go Server

Anyone know how to change your country on the Fox Go Server? I just happen to use a computer with Japanese OS and it defaults me to Japan as country... :scratch: Would like to change to Canada...

Author:  dohduhdah [ Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Fox Go Server

Did anyone try the android client?

https://android.myapp.com/myapp/detail. ... .tmgp.ttwq

With i2ocr and google translate you can probably figure out how to navigate the chinese interface.

https://i.imgur.com/UVnU1Mv.png

Author:  arbn [ Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Fox Go Server

dohduhdah wrote:
Did anyone try the android client?

https://android.myapp.com/myapp/detail. ... .tmgp.ttwq

With i2ocr and google translate you can probably figure out how to navigate the chinese interface.

https://i.imgur.com/UVnU1Mv.png


I have played on the Android client. If I recall correctly, the two login methods available are QQ and WeChat, so if you want to share an account between PC and Android, you need to be playing on PC via a QQ account, and use QQ to login on Android.

Author:  golem7 [ Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Fox Go Server

I installed the english client and played my first games. But there is an issue:
While the client loads, button text is displayed in English (Automatch, create room etc.). But as soon as it's finished loading, display changes to chinese characters.

Anybody knows a way around this?

Author:  Zenity [ Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Fox Go Server

golem7 wrote:
I installed the english client and played my first games. But there is an issue:
While the client loads, button text is displayed in English (Automatch, create room etc.). But as soon as it's finished loading, display changes to chinese characters.

Anybody knows a way around this?


I just hit that big green button for automatch, I don't think the other buttons are very important. Most of the client should still be in English, is it not?

Author:  Knotwilg [ Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Fox Go Server

golem7 wrote:
I installed the english client and played my first games. But there is an issue:
While the client loads, button text is displayed in English (Automatch, create room etc.). But as soon as it's finished loading, display changes to chinese characters.

Anybody knows a way around this?


Nope, same here. But I don't bother. I hit the green button to play. The rest have to do with betting and that doesn't interest me.

Author:  ESMP [ Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Fox Go Server

Hello everyone!

Do you guys know if there is a way to use the same account I created on PC in the iOS version? I can't seem to find a way to link them other than QQ, and the problem is that registering to QQ seems impossible outside China and I've given up since both the mobile numbers I own are being rejected on the signup page.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Author:  dohduhdah [ Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Fox Go Server

I got the fox app installed on my ipad, but I'm a bit confused about the Chinese interface. Could someone point out where to click to play against others (something like automatch would be fine, just accepting the default settings)?

Here are some screenshots:
https://imgur.com/a/l4bB3kR

I found the automatch button.. it's this one:

https://i.imgur.com/ZCdumCL.png

Afterwards you have a choice between blitz (5 min) and regular (20 min).

Finally I was able to set up a qq account. It was eventually working with my phone number in the Netherlands.
It just took a couple of attempts.

https://i.imgur.com/iDFeLNk.jpg

1 认 蝓 = resign
2 申 请 点 目 = counting
3 智 能 栽 野 = AI suggestion (?)
4 形 勢 = score estimate

5 和 棋 = draw
6 悔 棋 = undo
7 停 一 手 = pass
8 强 制 点 目 = force count
9 呼 叫 网 管 = call admin
10 消 息 屏 蔽 = hide messages
11 举 报 广 告 = report an ad

Author:  CoolBoots [ Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Fox Go Server

Sumatakyo wrote:
Anyone know how to change your country on the Fox Go Server? I just happen to use a computer with Japanese OS and it defaults me to Japan as country... :scratch: Would like to change to Canada...


I know this is a late reply, but I managed to change my flag from US to UK by messaging an admin using the 'Admin' button in the bottom right of the client. I asked politely in English and google translated Chinese (with a note that I was using a translator). Did the job.

Author:  niallgo [ Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Fox Go Server

Does anyone know how the betting works on the Fox Go Server? I'm new to it, I placed a bet on a pro game at move 1, it gave an initial sum of 13:1 if my player won, but now as the game goes on his chances of winning have moved to 7:1 and it has reduced my estimated payout accordingly. This is all if I am understanding it correctly. Should my payout not be the same odds as when I placed my bet?

Author:  CoolBoots [ Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Fox Go Server

niallgo wrote:
Does anyone know how the betting works on the Fox Go Server? I'm new to it, I placed a bet on a pro game at move 1, it gave an initial sum of 13:1 if my player won, but now as the game goes on his chances of winning have moved to 7:1 and it has reduced my estimated payout accordingly. This is all if I am understanding it correctly. Should my payout not be the same odds as when I placed my bet?


IIRC, For the top pro games the betting progresses in 3 periods of 50 moves, so 0-50. 51-100, 101-150. The final odds for each period are only locked in at the end of the period, so it's advisable not to bet till a few moves before this. You can also bet for one player in the first period, and then a different player in the next if you want to.

Author:  niallgo [ Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Fox Go Server

Ah great, thanks for the information.

Author:  dohduhdah [ Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Fox Go Server

https://i.imgur.com/It45gLR.png

Does anyone understand why the mobile fox weiqi app blocks people for no apparent reason?
I can play a few games and then I get blocked. Lately there was an app update and I was able to play some games again, but
after a few days, somehow I was blocked again.

I don't get it?
Same with QQ (a chat program where an account enables you to log in to the mobile fox app).
I managed to create a QQ account and shortly afterwards I get blocked and somehow I have to find a QQ user
that is willing to scan a QR-code to activate my account again. I've had little luck finding a QQ user,
because they also impose some restrictions on which QQ users are entitled to help out other QQ users.

Author:  Uberdude [ Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Fox Go Server

I've not had any problems getting blocked on Fox, but I only use the desktop not mobile app, and no QQ stuff.

Author:  dohduhdah [ Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Fox Go Server

Uberdude wrote:
I've not had any problems getting blocked on Fox, but I only use the desktop not mobile app, and no QQ stuff.


Sure, desktop fox client works fine. But I like to walk around while playing go, so I prefer the mobile app for the ipad.

Page 3 of 3 All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/