It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Japanese Igo - Shogi Channel Shows Now Online
Post #1 Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:53 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 9
I used to live in Japan and was subscribed to the Igo-Shogi Channel on cable television. I loved this and never understood why they didn't have an online application that we could pay to watch... well... I just discovered this week there is now! :D

https://www.igoshogi.net/igopremium/

I am subscribed to the "Silver" package (1000 yen per month). So I have access to almost all videos (flash), although some of them are delayed for a bit before I can watch them. Most of the "teaching programs" are for kyu-level players. My favourite are the commented games, which are similar to the NHK tournament commented games. They have 3 versions now of speed-go tournaments: one for Japan, China and Korea each. I've been watching these for the past few days... It's great! :tmbup:

If you don't speak Japanese, I don't know how interesting/useful it might be, but still figured I'd post it here in case anyone wanted to check it out (and if there was a previous post about this, I couldn't find it through search).

This post by Sumatakyo was liked by 4 people: apetresc, Bill Spight, Codexus, PeterHB