It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: SGF files with commentation for beginners?
Post #21 Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:42 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 72
Was liked: 199
GD Posts: 11
KGS: Hushfield
hyperpape wrote:
Otake was known for consistently making good shape. It will still come down to the individual games.
I second that. My teacher made me play through a dozen of Otake games each day, without any reading, just quickly guessing where the next move might be, and checking whether the result matched my predictions. This is an exercise in the direction of play, and very important for Otake, good shape.

Post #22 Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:09 am 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 353
Was liked: 107
GD Posts: 460
I sgf'ed some 18 games from "Invincible - The Games of Shusaku", including the comments, mostly as variants into the sgf. I include one example. If you are interested I can provide you with more on the condition you buy the book and promise to sgf some games yourself and exchange them with me.
In case someone is worried about copyrights: I proposed this deal to the copyrightholders and they did not object to it.

Attachments:
54Yuzo_sanjubango17.sgf [3.89 KiB]
Downloaded 809 times

Post #23 Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:28 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 414
Was liked: 461
cyclops wrote:
I sgf'ed some 18 games from "Invincible - The Games of Shusaku", including the comments, mostly as variants into the sgf. I include one example. If you are interested I can provide you with more on the condition you buy the book and promise to sgf some games yourself and exchange them with me.
In case someone is worried about copyrights: I proposed this deal to the copyrightholders and they did not object to it.

Maybe it's my noobness, but that's got to be the oddest game file I've looked at yet. :lol: Chinese scoring, I take it? Thanks for the offer, but the book is selling for $60 in used and new on Amazon, so it's probably not going to happen.

Post #24 Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:22 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 703
Was liked: 288
KGS: greendemon
Tygem: greendemon
DGS: smaragdaemon
OGS: emeraldemon
Inkwolf wrote:
cyclops wrote:

Maybe it's my noobness, but that's got to be the oddest game file I've looked at yet. :lol: Chinese scoring, I take it? Thanks for the offer, but the book is selling for $60 in used and new on Amazon, so it's probably not going to happen.

I got lucky, I got mine at a used bookstore for about $15. When ever I go to a used bookstore I check for go books (looking near the chess books). Usually there's nothing there, but I got invincible and 1001 life and death that way :tmbup: BTW it only costs $50 at Kiseido http://www.kiseido.com/go_books.htm#K01 .

Post #25 Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:59 am 
Lives in sente

Inkwolf wrote:

If it wasn't for the editors I would publish all my sgf's. If you can afford it, the book is worth the money. I forgot to include the information section in this sgf. But it is not Chinese scoring of course. Well, let me present you some more oddity. Have fun ;)

Attachments:
34_Monnyu_Castlegame5.sgf [4.74 KiB]
Downloaded 570 times

Post subject: Not for dislikers
Post #26 Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:28 pm 
Lives in sente

If you downloaded any of my two previous sgf files but didn't like them please skip this one.

Attachments:
78_shusaku_shuho.sgf [4.62 KiB]
Downloaded 575 times

Post #27 Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:20 pm 
Lives in gote

Actually, I've enjoyed looking at them all. Thank you! This is a strange one, too. Was it won by a resignation that doesn't show up on the file? My program's final scoring says Black won by 6 points, but there's a white shape on the right side that's ruled as dame. It looks easy enough to make another eye within that shape, which would make it worth 7 points, including the black prisoner. (It really ought to be White's already, worth 8+1 points.)

I've also downloaded some Otake games to look at.

Also have a couple of books to read, so right now I'm slightly overloaded with study materials. :D

This post by Inkwolf was liked by: cyclops

Post #28 Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:16 pm 
Lives in sente

W won by 3 pts. In drago there is a i button for information. So you can find the result yourself, among other details.
I will stop overloading you, sorry.

Post #29 Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:46 pm 
Lives in gote

cyclops wrote:
W won by 3 pts. In drago there is a i button for information. So you can find the result yourself, among other details.
I will stop overloading you, sorry.

No, don't apologize!!! You are helping make me a better player. ^^

I'm on a Mac, so Drago won't work for me. Goban is great to play against, but doesn't show the markup/details when reviewing edited SGF files. (Just comments) I may download Jaqueline and see if that is any better for review.

This post by Inkwolf was liked by: cyclops