It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 5 kyu Victory!
Post #1 Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:40 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 3
Was liked: 8
A week or so ago, I decided then when I touched 5 kyu with Igowin, I would start using MFoG on a 13 x 13 board. Yesterday, I did that!

I'm only at about 7 kyu sustained, but my criteria was just to TOUCH 5 kyu, which I did. I played my first game against MFoG this morning, and discovered some useful features.

I had the MFoG rating set to 9 kyu, with 6.5 komi on 13 x 13. MFoG won by 9 points, including the komi. I recorded the game, and then played it back, and there were several obvious errors on my part that I saw, and reversing any one of them might have resulted in a win form me.

My errors can mostly go into 3 bins:

50% -- Blunders in reading a contact situation.
25% -- Hopeless quests on my part
25% -- Not defending a group because I estimate it to be stronger than it is

At lest for now, reviewing my own games is going to be immensely helpful. If I can repeatedly see the errors that !I! regularly make, I'll be able to fix them.

Does MFoG have a feature where I can play a saved game up to a blunder, and then continue the game without making that blunder?

With this progress, I've decided that I'm no longer a Beginner. I'm now a proud AMATEUR!

:clap:
:clap:

TCS

This post by Chaosrider2808 was liked by: BlindGroup

Post subject: Re: 5 kyu Victory!
Post #2 Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:23 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 180
Chaosrider2808 wrote:

Does MFoG have a feature where I can play a saved game up to a blunder, and then continue the game without making that blunder?

I will separate that compound question (since I don't use saved games) and answer part of it.

If you are at move N in a game, and you want to go back to move N-x and resume play from there, MFOG will let you. You must (first) check "allow editing".