All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lee Sedol Reaction Gifs + AlphaGo Music
Post #1 Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:32 pm 
Honinbo

Liked others: 1600
Was liked: 1711
KGS: Kirby
Tygem: 커비라고해
There's an article ([1]) outlining nine "human-like" moments of the Lee Sedol vs. AlphaGo match. Some of the photos were a bit amusing. I've given a brief translation of each images caption below.

1. Ahk! Is this a computer move?
Lee Sedol's mouth, opening up like an "automatic door" after the 102nd move of the 1st match, when AlphaGo played a surprise attack. People watching the match were also surprised. (This photo is not on pause.)

2. Looking Depressed
"Wow, AlphaGo is playing Go like human." After noting AlphaGo's solid play, Lee Sedol, leaving for the bathroom feeling a bit uncomfortable.

3. Ah! Why did I do that?!?
Lee Sedol, intuitively noticing that something had gone wrong during the middle of the 2nd match. He tried to catch up little by little, but AlphaGo was running away with the lead. Lee Sedol refreshes himself and tries to settle down.

4. Ah, ouch!
Lee Sedol at the end of the 2nd match, apparently hurt by AlphaGo's attacking moves. He resigned from AlphaGo's near perfect play.

5. Good move: Show yourself!
In the middle of the 3rd game, in a state of super concentration, Lee Sedol shows laser focus. (This photo is also not on pause.)

6. Now it's your turn AlphaGo!
Lee Sedol playing "the divine move" at a spot where AlphaGo thought to be less likely than 1/10000 to be played. Following this move, the game became advantageous to Lee Sedol, and AlphaGo imploded.

7. Puzzled
"Ah... W-w-w-what,... w-w-what is this?" Lee Sedol, looking puzzled as AlphaGo began to play moves that even amateurs wouldn't play. He appeared dumbfounded, looking back and forth between the Go board and AlphaGo's computer screen.

8. Thumbs Up!
Fan Hui, giving Lee Sedol thumbs up after Lee Sedol's victory in the 4th match. Everyone was all smiles.

9. Don't Be Disappointed
Lee Sedol, struggling with byo-yomi during the last match. Nonetheless, it was possible to come this far because it was Lee Sedol. Lee Sedol will be remembered as a person who won at least once, as opposed to someone who lost to AlphaGo.

[1] http://news.joins.com/article/19727178

Finally, here's some AlphaGo music, since I don't feel it merits another post.

This post by Kirby was liked by 7 people: Bonobo, Drew, dust, illluck, jeromie, kaliya, sparky314

Post subject: Re: Lee Sedol Reaction Gifs + AlphaGo Music
Post #2 Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:34 am 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bc-8iomgB4&t=150m0s

Lee being frozen..? the best bit was after this where he then nearly fell off his seat!

Post #3 Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:17 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 3
KGS: CaiGY
Going through the game later, my teacher will be reviewing the alphago game at singapore weiqi association later. Anyone here ?

Post #4 Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:16 am 
Oza

Liked others: 8262
Was liked: 924
OGS: trohde
Universal go server handle: trohde
Priceless! :lol: Thank you, Kirby!

Post #5 Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:22 pm 
Gosei

Liked others: 90
Was liked: 837
KGS: Capsule 4d
Tygem: 치킨까스 5d
Lot of interesting pictures and videos on AlphaGo out there, I like this one especially:

And here's an SNL skit (Korean) on BetaGo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flH9ZL9wDvw

This post by Solomon was liked by: Bonobo