It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Reign of Ke Jie
Post #181 Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:32 am 
Judan

Liked others: 436
Was liked: 3719
KGS: Uberdude 4d
OGS: Uberdude 7d
John Fairbairn wrote:
Don't think so - at least the Chinese version says W+0.25.

Quite possibly: I was going by the Wbaduk broadcast but I think they may score the board under territory rules rather than reporting the official result.

Ke's handicap games are linked at https://www.reddit.com/r/baduk/comments ... _handicap/.

Post #182 Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:50 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 22
Was liked: 98
People are joking that the game was already decided when Park got white, as in all the matches between them, the person playing black only won once.

Post #183 Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:04 am 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 44
Was liked: 218
GD Posts: 10
At Limin Cup Ke Jie won against Hu Ziyang, Onishi Ryuhei, Shin Minjun, and Xie Erhao, and get to play the final round tomorrow with Xu Jiayang. Since this cup is Under-20 it is the last chance for Ke Jie to win this because he's already 20 years old. I think it's relay on Fox server.

Post #184 Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:59 pm 
Lives in gote

I understand Ke Jie is still eligible and has all the right to participate in this event again, but it feels weird to keep seeing him take a spot here. It would be like Messi playing for Argentina U-19 team after already establishing himself as a world star at the adult level before turning 19.

Post #185 Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:03 am 
Oza

Liked others: 20
Was liked: 4626
Here is me wishing Ke Jie luck in his Limin Round of 16 game - not that he needed it, of course.

I have been in many top tournament and title-match rooms but I have never experienced anything neat the level of nervous tension in this room. None of the players dared look at each other and only Ke Jie looked passably relaxed. It made me wonder whether the reason so many young players burn out is that they are exposed to this level of intensity so early. And maybe they favour quickplay games because they don't have time to dwell on nervous thoughts (this was not quickplay - 2 hours each).

Attachments:
KeJie+Me2017_2.jpg
KeJie+Me2017_2.jpg [ 42.89 KiB | Viewed 10863 times ]

This post by John Fairbairn was liked by 2 people: emeraldemon, wolfking

Post #186 Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:41 am 
Judan

xiayun, I know what you mean, but Ke did play in and lose in the first three editions (to Shin Jinseo, Lee Donghoon, Shin Minjun) so I can appreciate him still wanting to win this event.

Post #187 Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:51 am 
Lives in sente

John Fairbairn wrote:
Here is me wishing Ke Jie luck in his Limin Round of 16 game - not that he needed it, of course.

Great photo! had you talk anything with Ke Jie?

Anyway, while we usually see DeepZen in Japanese event stream, Fox server also show winrate too! But I don't know which AI, the symbol of the AI is Yin-Yang symbol (FineArt?) right now Black (Ke Jie) has 66.6% winrate. It also came with short description which I'm not sure if it's coming from AI or human input.

Update: Just know that Yin-Yang symbol is FineArt icon, so yes, the winrate should be trust comparable to DeepZen.

Post #188 Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:13 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 120
Was liked: 157
John Fairbairn wrote:

Thanks for posting (and nice kilt)!

The game is advancing fast. Ke Jie still has 26 min left on the clock while Xu has used up all his time already.

Post #189 Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:03 am 
Lives in sente

Ke Jie just won! congratulations! And he win all as black!

Source: http://sports.sina.com.cn/go/2017-10-18 ... 2183.shtml

This is the second championship Ke Jie achieved this year after being an undefeated winner in all seven rounds at National Games of PRC (which is a part of his 22 win streak that began after Future of Go summit)

Post #190 Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:01 am 
Lives in sente

Today Ke Jie (W) wins against Tan Xiao (B) but what is the detail of this tournament?

Post #191 Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:09 am 
Judan

pookpooi wrote:
Today Ke Jie (W) wins against Tan Xiao (B) but what is the detail of this tournament?

20th round of Chinese A league I believe.

This post by Uberdude was liked by: pookpooi

Post #192 Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:56 pm 
Lives in gote

Ke Jie 14-6 so far this year in A League, tied for 5th in winning percentage behind Mi Yuting (16-4), Shi Yue and Chen Yaoye (15-5), and Xie Erhao (14-5). However, he was the captain for 19 of those 20 games, the highest of any players.

His overall record in A League stands at 96-41, for a winning % of 70.1%.

This post by xiayun was liked by: gamesorry

Post #193 Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:26 am 
Judan

Ke Jie beat Lee Sedol in some event whose Korean name I can't translate today but looks like first round, maybe some special invitational? Lee lost by 1.5 points: he had a pretty impressive centre attack going but Ke ran around and destroyed all the centre points before finally making the 2nd eye. I can't help but wonder if Lee has a chance to back off and defend some points to win.

Post #194 Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:21 am 
Lives in sente

Uberdude wrote:
Ke Jie beat Lee Sedol in some event whose Korean name I can't translate today but looks like first round, maybe some special invitational? Lee lost by 1.5 points: he had a pretty impressive centre attack going but Ke ran around and destroyed all the centre points before finally making the 2nd eye. I can't help but wonder if Lee has a chance to back off and defend some points to win.

I force AlphaGo to translate this news (actually Google Translate)

(Huashan) International Go Conference China, Japan and South Korea match in the Huashan Inn Zhaobu, Ke Jie reversal victory over Li Shishi, Zhou Rui sheep in the river wins wild, Ke Jie and Zhou Rui sheep successfully meet the final , will compete for the championship. The final will be held at 14:30 on the 26th to start the Huashan Inn.

詳全文 中日韓頂尖高手華山論道 柯潔周睿羊會師決賽-體育新聞-新浪新聞中心 http://news.sina.com.tw/article/20171025/24350104.html

From stats, Ke Jie tends to win over Lee Sedol, just like Lee Sedol tend to win over Iyama Yuta. Sadly Iyama Yuta doesn't have an upper hand against Ke Jie so we can't make triangle. But Iyama snatched one win (and one lose) from Ke Jie this year though.

This post by pookpooi was liked by: wolfking

Post #195 Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:58 pm 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 9
Was liked: 8
pookpooi wrote:
But Iyama snatched one win (and one lose) from Ke Jie this year though.

Iyama was lucky to have won that one game due to Ke Jie's illness. Ke was discharged from hospital for exhaustion and stomach flu just before the match.

Post #196 Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:09 pm 
Lives in sente

TheCannyOnion wrote:
Iyama was lucky to have won that one game due to Ke Jie's illness. Ke was discharged from hospital for exhaustion and stomach flu just before the match.

I'm not sure on the health severity of Ke Jie at that time but the day after he lost to Iyama he won against Park Jungwhan.

Post #197 Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:25 am 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 26
Was liked: 4
I would consider this win a "valid" win of Iyama over Ke Jie, but despite being his fan, I don't think Iyama right now can be compared to Ke Jie (or Park). He is at best a top 10 to me, and needs to show more consistency in international results (not easy if you consider his playing style) to maintain that position.

By the way, this topic is about Ke Jie, and he just lost to Zhou today. Glad to see Zhou back, his form lately has been quite poor.

Post #198 Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:14 am 
Judan

Ke just lost to Korean wonderkid Shin Jinseo 8p in the Chinese league. He opened with double 3-3 and Shin made his largest territory between them. (Shin played double 4-4 and Ke early invaded one).

Post #199 Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:52 am 
Lives in sente

I cheer Ke Jie but Shin Jinseo is the strongest non-9p right now, it's unthinkable that he hasn't win any international major yet. (And to think that he has to do it before his military conscription...)

Post #200 Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:44 am 
Judan

pookpooi wrote:
I cheer Ke Jie but Shin Jinseo is the strongest non-9p right now, it's unthinkable that he hasn't win any international major yet. (And to think that he has to do it before his military conscription...)

I wouldn't be so surprised: there's a lot of top pros and not so many international tournaments, he's only been a super-top pro for a year or so, and with a knockout there's a lot of variance. But actually he did win the Globis cup earlier this year, though that's restricted to under 20s.

This post by Uberdude was liked by: emeraldemon

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next