It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Notable winning streak
Post #1 Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:04 am 
Oza

Liked others: 20
Was liked: 4628
I believe young Chinese pro Li Xiaoxi 2-dan is now on a 26-game winning streak (as of mid-August 2017).

She seems to be doing it by playing AlphaGo style.

Post subject: Re: Notable winning streak
Post #2 Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:23 am 
Judan

Liked others: 436
Was liked: 3719
KGS: Uberdude 4d
OGS: Uberdude 7d
Is this the same Li Xiaoxi 2p who played in the European Go Congress recently: http://www.europeangodatabase.eu/EGD/Pl ... y=17886308? I'm presuming those games didn't count as 1) They are probably not official pro games as far as the Chinese Weiqi Association is concerned and against many amateurs 2) She lost 3 of the 21 games (2 against overall winner Zhang Tao 5p and to Kim Youngsam 7d). But how to reconcile a current 26 game win streak with https://www.goratings.org/en/players/1164.html (which is based on go4go so won't have many minor games or women's tournaments), which shows her losing to top Chinese female Yu Zhiying on 9th August and not many wins? Another Li Xiaoxi?

Post #3 Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:01 am 
Oza

Liked others: 20
Was liked: 4628
I'm not certain about this. I haven't got all the games (though the recent ones I do have she won). I posted partly in the hope someone could shed some light. I discovered this by chance a couple of days ago when I was searching for something about Inner Mongolia. It just so happened that the women's league was taking place in Erdos then and this came up on Google and so I made a scribbled note. I've only just got round to posting it. I can't retrace my steps now so I'm a bit stuck, but thinking around it, one possibility is that that it referred to a winning streak in the women's league - all her recent games I have come from there.

Post #4 Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:51 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 276
Was liked: 49
KGS: 3d
DGS: 3d
OGS: 3d
According to this recent news article (http://sports.sina.com.cn/go/2017-08-09 ... 2920.shtml , in Chinese), it should be Yu Zhiying who is on a 26-game winning streak in the women's A League (across two seasons). The game on August 9 in which she beat Li Xiaoxi is exactly the 26th win for her.