It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Foreign Teams in 2018 China Weiqi League
Post #41 Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:27 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 167
Was liked: 44
Quote:
As for the playing orders, the CWA actually keeps a scoring spreadsheet on their official website http://www.qipai.org.cn/web/index/weiqi. You just need to know where to look. But of course it's all Chinese. I do not know if you upload the worksheet to Google docs you would be able to use Google translation on it.

Turns out the google translation doesn't work on XLS. But you can use excel to save the current sheet to HTM and then chrome will translate the file even if you open it from the local hardisk. I used this method to look at the results from League C. Noticed that the little girl (Wu Yiming) was the top scorer of her team with final 4-3 result. :clap:

You seem to follow the Hangzhou team closely. That's the team for your hometown, right?

That picture from the local competition was very impressive. Looks like converted a basketball arena to fir about 100 tables. So there were at least 200 little giants playing there. No wonder the Chinese are so strong at Go!

I look forward to seeing next year's results. I'm eager to see if Ilya will repeat his performance or whether this year was a fluke. I hope the Japanese will do better, too.

Post #42 Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:46 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 124
Was liked: 364
KGS: wolfking6504
Tygem: wolfking97
silviu22 wrote:
You seem to follow the Hangzhou team closely. That's the team for your hometown, right?

Yes that's my hometown so I pay more attention to Hangzhou teams.
silviu22 wrote:
So there were at least 200 little giants playing there.

There were more :) The Bailing Cup National Children's Weiqi Open is a big tournament. Last year there were 5 age groups with total of about 700 participants. In fact two group champions from last year's Bailing Cup were playing in this year's C-League. One of them is now 10 year old Zhang Xinyu 5D, he won the 8-9 age group. The other is Hangzhou Go Association's new pro Fang Ruoxi 1p, she won the 14-16 age group. This year there will be 6 age groups and they are expecting more participants.

Fang Ruoxi 1p
Attachment:
2018Leagues_r6_39_fangRuoxi_resize.jpg
2018Leagues_r6_39_fangRuoxi_resize.jpg [ 53.6 KiB | Viewed 4021 times ]

Post #43 Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:33 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 124
Was liked: 364
KGS: wolfking6504
Tygem: wolfking97
In an interview with YikeWeiqi.com EGF president Martin Stiassny said the European pros will send their C-League game records together with comments to EGF to be published on EFG official website. But I could not find anything. Has anybody seen these records/comments?

Here is a link to the original interview published on June 18th: http://www.yikeweiqi.com/news/topline/46412/ The part talked about game records was in the answer to question 3.

Post #44 Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:41 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 167
Was liked: 44
wolfking wrote:
In an interview with YikeWeiqi.com EGF president Martin Stiassny said the European pros will send their C-League game records together with comments to EGF to be published on EFG official website. But I could not find anything. Has anybody seen these records/comments?

Artem Kachanovskyi just published an article with the game records: https://eurogofed.org/index.html?p=&search=&cat_id=#comments. I find it funny that they don't have the names of their opponents. :)

Post #45 Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:26 am 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 72
Was liked: 479
KGS: macelee
Just found Artem's opponents from my notes:

r2 - Ji Xiang
r3 - Lu Jia
r4 - Tian Ruiqi
r5 - Zhang Junzhe
r6 - Cao Cong
r7 - Wang Jiabao

I guess it was hard to remember all these names.