It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Problem logging in (with reset password)
Post #1 Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:21 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
Hi folks --

I have an account here that I haven't used in years, but decided to check out the board again. The account name is "gohst". Showed up last night and tried to log on, but couldn't remember the password. So, eventually it told me I had made too many retries, and I'd have to answer the captcha question, in addition to supplying my password.

I gave up trying to remember the old password, and asked the site to reset my password. Now I have to reset password that was mailed to my account.

HOWEVER, with the reset password, I still have to answer the captcha, and it seems to be broken (unless the answer is NOT the two-letter name of our favorite game). With the reset password and the captcha question, I simply can't log in. It just keeps saying too many retries, even though I am supplying what I believe to be the correct 2-letter captcha.

So, I created this second account, and had to answer the same captcha question to create it. All went well, and here I am. But I would *really* like to use my original "gohst" account....

Any suggestions on how to log in my main account (with the reset password and the captcha)?

Anyone know if the "too many retries" status that triggers the captcha ever goes away again after a period of time, or am I stuck with that?

Thanks,

Chris

Post subject: Re: Problem logging in (with reset password)
Post #2 Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:13 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 3
Was liked: 5
GD Posts: 800
NEVER MIND!

The answer is, apparently, that once you get into the "too many retries" case, the password reset just doesn't reset anything. You are stuck trying to guess your original password, which I finally did.

Thanks for your thoughts....

-- Chris