It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Would someone teach me, please?
Post #1 Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:10 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 183
Was liked: 100
Universal go server handle: hailthorn
I am looking for a steady teacher. I believe strongly that having one would help me improve immensely. When I was a 15k, I met a 12k that helped me get to 12k really fast. And not since then have I had a teacher like that.

I can't really offer any pay. I don't have a job, but I'm looking for one though. So once I get a job, I'd be willing to negotiate pay then. Of course, until then, my lessons can be shaped around the teacher's availability. But I would rather have someone who I can at least have lessons with once a week.

Until I can offer pay, I can figure out some way to make it worth your time. I have around 50,000 professional games on my computer. And I have a great number of Go books. Mostly in ebook format. So if either of those interest you as payment until I can pay actual cash, then just let me know.

If you're interested, feel free to PM me. I know it's asking a lot since I can't really ascertain payment at the moment, but I would really, really appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance!

(P.S. I wasn't sure where to put a request like this. If it's in the wrong area, feel free to relocate it Admins.)

Post subject: Re: Would someone teach me, please?
Post #2 Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:17 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 251
Was liked: 549
KGS: oren
Tygem: oren740, orenl
IGS: oren
Wbaduk: oren
Just ask away in the L19 room on kgs. Someone can help.

Post #3 Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:32 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 45
Was liked: 103
KGS: redundant/silchas
Tygem: redundant
Wbaduk: redundant
DGS: redundant
OGS: redundant
hailthorn011 wrote:
I am looking for a steady teacher. I believe strongly that having one would help me improve immensely. When I was a 15k, I met a 12k that helped me get to 12k really fast. And not since then have I had a teacher like that.

I can't really offer any pay. I don't have a job, but I'm looking for one though. So once I get a job, I'd be willing to negotiate pay then. Of course, until then, my lessons can be shaped around the teacher's availability. But I would rather have someone who I can at least have lessons with once a week.

Until I can offer pay, I can figure out some way to make it worth your time. I have around 50,000 professional games on my computer. And I have a great number of Go books. Mostly in ebook format. So if either of those interest you as payment until I can pay actual cash, then just let me know.

If you're interested, feel free to PM me. I know it's asking a lot since I can't really ascertain payment at the moment, but I would really, really appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance!

(P.S. I wasn't sure where to put a request like this. If it's in the wrong area, feel free to relocate it Admins.)

I can offer games with review semi regularly. I have near total time availability.

Post #4 Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:04 am 
Lives in sente

Redundant wrote:
hailthorn011 wrote:

Thanks in advance!

I can offer games with review semi regularly. I have near total time availability.

That's actually what I'm looking for. It gets really confusing when you learn from multiple people at the same time. Because a 7k might say do this, and then a 1k say it's a bad thing to do.

So it'd be greatly appreciated! All you have to do is tell me when you'd like to do it, because my schedule is pretty much free too.

Post #5 Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:33 am 
Oza

Liked others: 251
Was liked: 549
KGS: oren
Tygem: oren740, orenl
IGS: oren
Wbaduk: oren
hailthorn011 wrote:
That's actually what I'm looking for. It gets really confusing when you learn from multiple people at the same time. Because a 7k might say do this, and then a 1k say it's a bad thing to do.

Heck, one teacher will change their mind the next minute. You don't need to go looking for multiple people to get multiple opinions. :)

Post #6 Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:55 am 
Lives in sente

oren wrote:
hailthorn011 wrote:

Heck, one teacher will change their mind the next minute. You don't need to go looking for multiple people to get multiple opinions. :)

True but at least you have better consistency with one person.

Post subject:
Post #7 Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:25 pm 
Honinbo

Liked others: 349
Was liked: 2076
GD Posts: 312
hailthorn011 wrote:
at least you have better consistency with one person.
Consistently right is good, but... :twisted:

Post #8 Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:54 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 102
Was liked: 66
KGS: stalkor
if i'm online and you played a league game id be glad to give some pointers.

Just pm me if im there, if i have time ill help you, since youre serious about improving:)