It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Introducción al juego de Go - Libro en español – GRATIS!
Post #1 Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:00 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 8262
Was liked: 924
OGS: trohde
Universal go server handle: trohde
Hi everybody,

fellow Go player Mariano López Minnucci from Argentina has created a nice Spanish introduction to Go that’s downloadable for free.

In a thread on the OGS forum, “Introducción al juego de Go - Libro en español”, he writes:
Mariano López Minnucci wrote:
¡Saludos, hispanohablantes!

Dado que el texto escrito en español acerca del Go es relativamente escaso, decidí escribir un libro puramente introductorio. En este enlace estoy manteniendo la versión más actualizada. Actualmente falta terminar la sección de ejercicios.

Espero que les sea de utilidad. Toda crítica o sugerencia es bienvenida y agradecida. :)

I think he’d be grateful for any feedback in that thread.

Direct d’load: http://cdn.online-go.com/Introduccion-a ... -de-Go.pdf (1.6 MB)

Greetings, Tom

Last edited by Bonobo on Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

This post by Bonobo was liked by 2 people: Bill Spight, Theo van Ees

Post subject: Re: Introducción al juego de Go - Libro en español – GRATIS!
Post #2 Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:36 am 
Oza

Liked others: 8262
Was liked: 924
OGS: trohde
Universal go server handle: trohde
Book and link were updated a while ago.

Post #3 Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:11 pm 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 37
Was liked: 20
KGS: 5k
IGS: 10K
OGS: 7k
He did a plagiarism.

I found a Strategic Concepts of Go of Yoshiaki Nagahara in one library. I was reading it and when I read "sabaki" I thought in "Introducción al juego de Go". It is the same text and diagram, and he didnt put reference when he did a translate. I thought that authorship of the book was his and he was passing them as his literal translations.

Post #4 Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:23 pm 
Gosei

Liked others: 577
Was liked: 298
KGS: RBerenguel
Tygem: rberenguel
Wbaduk: JohnKeats
Kaya handle: RBerenguel
Online playing schedule: KGS on Saturday I use to be online, but I can be if needed from 20-23 GMT+1
Darsey wrote:
He did a plagiarism.

I found a Strategic Concepts of Go of Yoshiaki Nagahara in one library. I was reading it and when I read "sabaki" I thought in "Introducción al juego de Go". It is the same text and diagram, and he didnt put reference when he did a translate. I thought that authorship of the book was his and he was passing them as his literal translations.

He's using a paragraph (which is actually a definition) and one diagram with a few moves (the explanations behind the diagram are slightly different.) A citation would be nice, but this is very minor.

Post #5 Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:06 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 13
Was liked: 56
What it looks like to me is that he first translated the text, then edited it, and copied over the diagrams.

¿Donde es el grupo marcado, though? I think the copying didn't go entirely as planned.

It isn't giving a great impression, anyway. The plagiarism and the low QA form a blemish on this book. It would be better to rewrite the section and replace the diagrams with completely different ones. Preferably not lifted from one of the first English-language books the Japanese bothered with.

Regardless of copyright issues, passing someone else's work off as your own is poor form.

Post #6 Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:02 pm 
Gosei

Liked others: 577
Was liked: 298
KGS: RBerenguel
Tygem: rberenguel
Wbaduk: JohnKeats
Kaya handle: RBerenguel
Online playing schedule: KGS on Saturday I use to be online, but I can be if needed from 20-23 GMT+1
tentano wrote:
What it looks like to me is that he first translated the text, then edited it, and copied over the diagrams.

¿Donde es el grupo marcado, though? I think the copying didn't go entirely as planned.

It isn't giving a great impression, anyway. The plagiarism and the low QA form a blemish on this book. It would be better to rewrite the section and replace the diagrams with completely different ones. Preferably not lifted from one of the first English-language books the Japanese bothered with.

Regardless of copyright issues, passing someone else's work off as your own is poor form.

Worth noting SCoG is cited in the "sources" section.

This post by RBerenguel was liked by: Bonobo

Post #7 Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:56 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 2
Was liked: 2
OGS: mlopezviedma
Hello, all! Mariano here, the writer of the book. I'm very sorry about that, I forgot to put the Sources Section reference there in the text. Both the one mentioned and one example of Atsumi were extracted from Yoshiaki Nagahara book. The intention here was never to steal any explanation from him, but to merely show the examples in spanish.

Shortly I'll put up the next edition with the reference there. I also added those missing marks on white stones.

Thanks a lot for the observation, and I'm still open to further commentaries.

This post by mlopezviedma was liked by 2 people: Bonobo, Theo van Ees

Post #8 Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:52 pm 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 37
Was liked: 20
KGS: 5k
IGS: 10K
OGS: 7k
RBerenguel wrote:
He's using a paragraph (which is actually a definition) and one diagram with a few moves (the explanations behind the diagram are slightly different.) A citation would be nice, but this is very minor.

I said because in one classwork if you put only a paragraph without quotes and it has been taken from one recourse. Is it legitimate in this case? It isn't a ironic question, the go is a differet world of philosophy (I am studying philosophy, if I copy something without quotes, I will do a plagiarism. I did my comment since this experience).

I found it because I wanted see more examples and when I saw the index and check sabaki, I remembered that I read it equal and with the same example. It was the history. I didn't want censor the book, I am not inquisitor. Only I wanted mark a thing that I read like a copy if we admit that a definition in go, beyond the basics rule, and it is technique, it can be copy, here there isn't a problem. For example away from go, take a date of one event of wikipedia like as years of WWII, it isn't need a reference because that knowledge is comon (you can learn in classroom), but when we want take some date like killed in a particular battle, we must put a reference because it can't be a common knowledge.

Post #9 Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:12 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 2
Was liked: 2
OGS: mlopezviedma
I fully agree with what you pointed, Darsey. In this case, I personally think putting a reference is equivalent to quoting the paragraph, and I will do it for the next edition. Nevertheless, I understand this is a delicate thing, and not putting the reference is a serious mistake on my part, for which I deeply apologyze.