It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Go Yearbooks - unprecedented opportunity: BUT MUST ACT NOW
Post #1 Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:22 am 
Oza

Liked others: 20
Was liked: 4626
I have been asked to advise on disposal of some rate go yearbooks. I have also given permission for the GoGoD Paypal account to be used temporarily for bid payments. Beyond that I am not directly involved and will not answer any technical queries here. Note that there is a very short deadline: your bids must be in by Friday 12 July.

These yearbooks, mostly softback, are each in the relevant CJK language and contain the year's main games, usually briefly commented, for that country. In addition they cover all the tournament results and the amateur scenes and have much info biographical details of that country's pros. Many also have specially written feature articles on, say, history, records or fuseki trends.

The specific info from the seller is as follows:

The books are in good condition. A few of the Korean issues have slight wear and tear issues - please see below for details. The early Japanese Yearbooks from 1963 and the 1970s are old, so they have yellowed with age, but apart from that, they are in good condition.

I have been as honest about the condition of the books as I can, and will email photos of the Yearbooks if you require, but these books are being sold on a No Returns or Exchange basis, so please be sure you are happy before bidding.

Queries about the content of the books cannot be answered.

Buyer pays postage, packing and insurance. I can provide an estimate of what postage, packing and insurance will be for your parcel, to help you calculate your bid. However, your bid should exclude postage, packing and insurance, which will be charged additionally at cost.

Parcels of more than 6 large Yearbooks will be too heavy for me to get to the Post Office or courier’s office, so if you want more than this, I can send them as more than one parcel, but this will obviously incur more than one lot of postage, packaging and insurance.

The Chinese yearbooks 1987, 1993, 1996-2004 are smaller and lighter, so as many as you want of these can be placed in one parcel.

Similarly, the Japanese yearbooks 1963, 1975-1977, 1979 and 1980 are also all smaller and lighter, so as many as you want of these can be placed in one parcel.

Postage costs will be calculated based on the number of books, weight, destination, insurance and speed of service requested. Parcels will be appropriately insured and sent by a Signed-For Royal Mail Service or a courier, such as DHL. Books will not be sent to PO Boxes. Parcels need to be signed for upon receipt to ensure they have arrived safely.

Once bidding ends, if more than one bid per item/lot has been received, I will take the highest bid.

Priority will be given to bids that are for multiple Yearbooks, rather than single issues. So, for example, if you are only after a particular single issue and someone else wants a set of 4 that includes that particular single issue, I will give them priority, unless a bid for that particular single issue is higher than the bid offered for the set of 4 that includes that particular single issue.

Books will only be posted once payment has been received via Paypal. I will email you as soon as a parcel has been dispatched.

Payments can ONLY be accepted via Paypal, and should be paid within 7 days of your bid being accepted. Paypal’s charge for any Exchange Rate Conversions will be borne by the buyer.

Bids close Friday 12th July 2019 at 9pm, UK time.

Email your bids to Katie de Cruz at: azureblue24020@gmail.com

In the following list, 1987 to 1990, for example, means that separate books for 1987, 1988, 1989 and 1990 are available.

CHINESE YEARBOOKS

The following Chinese Yearbooks are small, measuring 20.3cm x 14cm:

1996 to 2004

The following are large and measure 25.9cm x 18.6cm:

2005-2007 Combined Single Hardback Issue
2009 to 2011

KOREAN YEARBOOKS

These are all large books measuring 25.7cm x 18.7cm:

1992 to 2002
2004 to 2006
2008 to 2011

The 1998 Yearbook has some writing on the first page and the bottom corner is heavily creased from being folded over for a long time.

The 1992 Yearbook has a 1-inch tear at the base of the spine.

The 2006 Yearbook has a glue-like substance on the spine, about 2 inches long.

JAPANESE YEARBOOKS

Small Japanese Yearbooks are JIS A5 size (Japanese Industrial Standard), which is 210mm x 148mm:

1963 (slight tear damage to spine)
1975 to 1977
1979 and 1980

Large Japanese Yearbooks are JIS B5 size, which is 18.2cm x 25.7cm:

1983 and 1984
1987 to 1990
1994 to 2012

NB These books come from a smoker’s home, so some may smell slightly of stale tobacco. If this offends you, please do not bid.

UNQUOTE