It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Japanese Go books
Post #1 Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:23 pm 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 4
Was liked: 12
I studied Japanese for about 6 years in college. I still remember quite a bit, but if I were to pick up a Go theory book I would probably have no chance of understanding anything. But still, not all Go books are filled with tons of words, so I wonder if any Japanese speakers / readers out there can offer a suggestion on some book that is light on words, but still has some words just so i don't completely forget all my Japanese.

Something like the Get Strong series would be good, or the Mastering the Basics problem books. I'm not really sure what the world of Japanese go literature is like, so the only thing that comes to my mind is problem books, but if there is something else that might be helpful, I'm open to suggestions. Mostly just want to practice 2 of my hobbies at the same time :)

Post subject: Re: Japanese Go books
Post #2 Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:10 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 3
KGS: harusaki
what is your Japanese Level ? JLPT Level 1 ?

前田詰碁集 is a good japanese tsumego books

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E5%89%8D%E7%94%B0%E8%A9%B0%E7%A2%81%E9%9B%86-%E5%AE%9F%E5%8A%9B%E5%9B%B2%E7%A2%81%E6%96%B0%E6%9B%B8-%E5%89%8D%E7%94%B0-%E9%99%B3%E7%88%BE/dp/4488000215

依田ノート is also a good book if you want to learn about principles of fuseki , middle game and end game, but at least your japanese level should be JLPT level 2 to be able to understand the book'S content

If you would like to search for other japanese go books, you could go to www.amazon.co.jp and type 囲碁 as its keyword