It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 1:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Where to buy Lee Changho 6-volume tesuji series?
Post #1 Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:39 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 252
Was liked: 251
GD Posts: 846
YMI has the life&death one which I bought some time ago, but doesn't seem to carry the tesuji set. (Anyone know why?) Is there any vendor actively selling it who ships to the U.S.? Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Where to buy Lee Changho 6-volume tesuji series?
Post #2 Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:28 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 72
Was liked: 479
KGS: macelee
Since nobody answers your question, I suppose the book set is not available from any western source. If you really must have it, your best chance is to find a Chinese friend helping you buy it via one of the 'proxy' services that help oversea Chinese to buy Chinese goods. The books are quite popular in China. There are plenty of copies on Taobao, such as this:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a23 ... 0083938723

The price is about 25 USD and you probably needs another $25 for shipping.

Post #3 Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:29 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 1
Jd.com is also a lovely site. Free shipment for chinese books for order value over $50. Description is in chinese but they have a english site too.
I have recently ordered but haven't received my books yet, but everything looks good otherwise...

Post #4 Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:19 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 1
macelee wrote:
Since nobody answers your question, I suppose the book set is not available from any western source.

Well, GoButiken do have them, but unfortunately they only sell to Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden.

Link: http://gobutiken.se/GO_böcker/kinesiska_böcker

Post #5 Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:42 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 5
Was liked: 14
This website seems to have them: http://goitem.wordpress.com/book-in-set/ Though I have never used this website before so I can't vouch for it.

Post #6 Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:16 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 72
Was liked: 479
KGS: macelee
Dante31 wrote:
This website seems to have them: http://goitem.wordpress.com/book-in-set/ Though I have never used this website before so I can't vouch for it.

There are quite a few good books on this site. But the prices are way too high, considering the books will be shipped from China and one needs to pay extra shipping cost.

For example, the first book under Game Collection section, the retail price on a mainstream Chinese website is under $7. Asking $39 plus shipping is hard to justify.

Post #7 Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:40 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 5
Was liked: 14
macelee wrote:
Dante31 wrote:

There are quite a few good books on this site. But the prices are way too high, considering the books will be shipped from China and one needs to pay extra shipping cost.

For example, the first book under Game Collection section, the retail price on a mainstream Chinese website is under $7. Asking $39 plus shipping is hard to justify.

Well, it is no secret that these books are being sold for many times more than what the seller paid for them, but I personally do not know anywhere else that ships these books internationaly.

The price may actually be very much justifiable. This site is selling Chinese Go books to English speakers, so their market is very small since there are not many Enlish speaking Go players that are buying Chinese Go books. With few customers, and far in between, they need to charge more per book to cover their expences (such as for maintaining the website), also they probably want something to justify the time they have put in.

Post #8 Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:31 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 3
Was liked: 5
GD Posts: 800
bofinken wrote:
Jd.com is also a lovely site. Free shipment for chinese books for order value over $50. Description is in chinese but they have a english site too.
I have recently ordered but haven't received my books yet, but everything looks good otherwise...

en.jd.com sure has reasonable prices (and also priced in US$). Have you gotten your books yet, bofinken?

This post by Gohst was liked by: tapia