It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: qgo feedback
Post #1 Posted: Mon May 26, 2014 3:36 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 13
Was liked: 9
quick edit: as of now, playing is not supported on tygem, wbaduk, some other servers. Observing works. Playing works at least on igs.

I can imagine this to be the most powerful go client ever, if just couple problems were fixed. ..All those servers under one clean client, what else can you wish for?

Guess the right place to post the problems are on the git's issues page, but I'll add here a quite detailed list of what I've encountered

* cant connect to tygem in 2.1.0, in 2.0.0 could.
- solved. Retrying and retrying and eventually it will connect
* wbaduk (and likely tygem too) matchmaking problem. Can't see self making challenges. The rightclick username-> "Match" does nothing.
- no active developer to solve this as of now
* rightclick username->"Talk" did not crash 2.0.0, crashes 2.1.0.
- fixed

details:

First I installed qgo from ubuntu repositories couple days ago. It installed the qgo version 2.0.0 on my Ubuntu 14.04.

A day or two later I installed a newer version 2.1.0 from this github https://github.com/pzorin/qgo

Prior the installation from github, there are following dependancies:

Code:
sudo apt-get install libpulse-dev qt5-qmake qt5-default qttools5-dev-tools qtmultimedia5-dev libqt5multimedia5 libqt5core5a libqt5gui5 libqt5network5 libqt5widgets5 libasound2-dev libasound2 libc6 libstdc++6 libgcc1 libc6 libfontconfig1 libaudio2 libglib2.0-0 libpng12-0 zlib1g libfreetype6 libsm6 libice6 libxi6 libxrender1 libxext6 libx11-6 libexpat1 libxt6 libxau6 libpcre3, libffi6 libuuid1 libxcb1 libxdmcp6 locales libegl1-mesa libgl1-mesa-glx g++

The 2.0.0 version:

I added IGS and Tygem credentials to the client, and managed to connect to both without problems. On both servers, observing games seemed to work as expected. Playing and setting up games on IGS seemed to work normally.

On Tygem, the matchmaking seemed to not work. When I tagged "Open for playing" and "Looking for a game", I didn't get any game challenges, nor my client showed any signs or logs of challenging anyone (unlike in windows tygem client) I did get one eventually, when I was looking at my settings behind the leftside columns "Servers" tab. I actually clicked Accept on the popup, but no new window ever popped up. Also when I right-clicked on a username (username with "stat" field set as "O" on the user list) and chose "Match", nothing happened. When I clicked "talk", I got a new separate tab along the leftside columns "Shouts" and "Messages" tabs. I guess I could have talked to them there. I tried clicking a small goban image below this box, but nothing happened.

The 2.1.0 version:

After having installed 2.1.0, the IGS credentials connected to IGS normally. The tygem credentials did not work anymore. After trying to connect to tygem for a moment, I get Protocol Error "This may also result from wrong username or password".

This is what my linux console says about it, if I run the qgo from console:
Code:
Requesting Tygem Server Info
Connecting to 121.189.9.52 80...

rank spread : 3k - 3d
NetworkConnection::OnError() : TCP socket error:  "The remote host closed the connection"

I tried removing the tygem credentials and re-entering them, but no change.

Then I added Cyberoro/Wbaduk credentials to the client, and connected there without problems.

On Wbaduk on qgo 2.1.0, I still seem to have a sort of a matchmaking problem. Tagging "Open for playing" and "Looking for a game" does not really do anything. On linux console I keep getting "Found non running game in game registry !!!" spammed every multiples times in a minute. When I right-click someones username on the userlist and choose "Match", the linux console says "room were in 0 room there in 476" The 476 is the number on opponents "Play" field.

Now on qgo 2.1.0 there is also a crash happening, when I right-click a username on IGS or wbaduk, and choose "talk". The linux console outputs this "QSortFilterProxyModel: index from wrong model passed to mapToSource
Segmentation fault (core dumped)"

And to remind, how matchmaking on tygem's native windows client works:

When you tag "Open for playing", you probably get a game request probably once a minute, or once in 5 minutes.

And when you tag "Looking for a game", your client tries to challenge someone of your rank for around 5 seconds, showing their username while challenging, and then switching to a new one and trying to challenge that for 5 seconds. It keeps doing that as long as someone accepts it. On crowdy tygem, you usually have to wait from 5 to 30 seconds to get an even game with an opponent of same strength. This is the best part of Tygem!

I included here my linux console log from connecting to wbaduk, trying to set yourself challenging for match, trying to manually "match" someone, and then crashing it with "talk".
log of:

open qgo 2.1.0
connect to cyberoro
tag open for playing
tag looking for game
right click someone's name on user list that had O on "stat".
choose "match", nothing happens. right click again and choose "talk". qgo crashes.

v@v-MS-7599:~$ qgo
Home Path : /home/v
Current Path : /home/v
rank spread : 3k - 3k
defaultServiceProvider::requestService(): no service found for - "org.qt-project.qt.mediaplayer"
Connecting to 211.38.95.221 7447...

"QuickConnection::QuickConnection : Connecting to" "211.38.95.221" : 7447
Gtk-Message: (for origin information, set GTK_DEBUG): failed to retrieve property `GtkRange::activate-slider' of type `gboolean' from rc file value "((GString*) 0x1249840)" of type `GString'
QuickConnection::OnError : connection closed by host
Reconnecting to Korea 1: 211.38.95.232...
Connecting to 211.38.95.232 7002...

Reconnected
Ready!

Setting open 0
Setting open 0
Sending invitation settings

Found non running game in game registry !!!
Setting open 1

Setting session open: 1
Setting open 1
Setting open 1

No 0a7d for this game
room were in 0 room there in 0
QSortFilterProxyModel: index from wrong model passed to mapToSource
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

As an extra note. I'm using Lubuntu 14.04 with lxde. It seems that my lxpanel gets messed up too sometimes after having had qgo open for some time. Can't say for sure that it is qgo causing it yet though. Icons appearing in duplicates and in wrong places. I get it fixed with lxpanelctl restart, so this is not a problem for me.

Post subject: Re: qgo feedback
Post #2 Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:42 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
KGS: 4k
Tygem: 9k
IGS: 15k
OGS: 8k
Online playing schedule: KGS OGS some nights 23:00-3:00 UTC and realy in the after noon. And I try to find a way on tygem.
Very nice feedback but it looks like that no one has a solution to these problems. And I can not find a way to play with qgo who looks quiet good and it is a pity.. (I'll use virtual box -_-)

Post #3 Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:53 am 
Beginner

Disclaimer: I am the qgo 2.1 developer. I was attracted to this forum by Malkovich games.

The problem with servers other than IGS is that they use binary protocols apparently without public documentation. Judging from the comments in the source code, the support for them is based on reverse engineering.

Personally, I use qgo only to play on IGS. The crash on "talk" was actually resolved quickly and the updated version packaged in debian, but ubuntu did not pick up the update immediately (the version in 15.04 has this fixed).

Post subject:
Post #4 Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:25 pm 
Honinbo

Liked others: 349
Was liked: 2076
GD Posts: 312
pzorin wrote:
I am the qgo 2.1 developer. I was attracted to this forum by Malkovich games.
Hi pzorin,

Welcome, and thanks so much for qGo.
Does qGo also work on Windows, iOS, or OSX ? :)

Thanks.

Post subject: Re:
Post #5 Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:14 am 
Beginner

EdLee wrote:
Does qGo also work on Windows, iOS, or OSX ? :)

It definitely works on OSX and Windows, but I don't provide precompiled packages because I only use Linux.

It should also be easy to port to Android, iOS, or WinRT, as Qt5 is available on these platforms http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/supported-platforms.html, but I don't have any such devices, so I haven't tried.

Post subject: Re: Re:
Post #6 Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:16 am 
Oza

Liked others: 251
Was liked: 549
KGS: oren
Tygem: oren740, orenl
IGS: oren
Wbaduk: oren
pzorin wrote:
It definitely works on OSX and Windows, but I don't provide precompiled packages because I only use Linux.

I remember a while ago I provided some patches for the windows part of it. There's just less reason to keep windows up to date, since getting the official clients is easy.

The one thing I liked about qgo is you could see all the chat in Korean going on that the English client blocks.

Post subject: Re: Re:
Post #7 Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:38 am 
Beginner

oren wrote:
I remember a while ago I provided some patches for the windows part of it. There's just less reason to keep windows up to date, since getting the official clients is easy.

The one thing I liked about qgo is you could see all the chat in Korean going on that the English client blocks.

Actually, the new IGS official client, GoPanda2, also works well on Linux. These days I wouldn't have bothered to bring qgo back into usable state. I've heard that some people use it to play on their clubs' NNGS servers, though, so it is still somewhat useful.

Post #8 Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:37 am 
Beginner

Where can you find the credentials for the various go servers? Is there a site or github that hosts that information?

I have looked online and haven't been able to come up with much.

Thank you for any help.

Post #9 Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:40 pm 
Beginner

https://github.com/pzorin/qgo