It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Baduk Cap for iOS
Post #21 Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:19 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 110
Was liked: 155
GD Posts: 1190
KGS: apetresc
IGS: apetresc
OGS: apetresc
Universal go server handle: apetresc
Does the recognition happen on the device, or server-side? If the former, how difficult would it be to port this to a server and provide a (paid) API? I can't imagine the image processing code makes too much use of iOS-specific functionality...

If the results are as good as people are saying, I'd love to try using an API to stitch together an SGF from a video stream of all the moves being played out :)

Post #22 Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:20 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 9
Was liked: 32
The recognition runs on the device and does not depend on any iOS-only functionality, true. But providing it as a web service would still require quite some time. So currently, I have to disappoint you ...

Post #23 Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:41 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 5
Was liked: 7
I haven't been on here for awhile, but your implementation of a corner capture compelled me to log on and say thank you! I really appreciate the effort and am super thankful and impressed. This also got me to pull out the old go books and start capturing problems that I was in then past adding manually. This coupled with easy go is by far the most powerful tool set I have to get better at this game we all love.

This post by Progenitor was liked by 2 people: Bonobo, thombreSoft

Post subject: Twitter
Post #24 Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:19 am 
Dies in gote

Apple does not like mailto:my nick @web.de as my Support-URL anymore, therefore you can now follow me on twttr:

https://twitter.com/thombreSoft

Post #25 Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:04 am 
Dies in gote

Recently published:

• 3.1 New board size for problems: ‚Corner‘
  • 3.2 Korean localization

Out now:

• 4.0 Automatic recognition of dead groups in scoring
    After automating grid placement with 3.0, this enhancement now reduces manual interaction during scoring - significantly. Out of 10 randomly picked IGS games, 7 are scored completely automatic with all dead groups being correctly recognized.

Also: After one year of constant improvements and new features, there will be an upcoming price increase. If you thought about downloading Baduk Cap in the past: now is the time to make the purchase. :-)

This post by thombreSoft was liked by 2 people: Bonobo, RBerenguel

Post #26 Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:29 am 
Dies in gote

Recently published:

• 4.1 Settings icon available (Unfortunately, Apple has not yet fixed a bug causing the settings to be sometimes displayed incompletely. In case that occurs, switch to the settings of another App and back.)
  • 4.2 Improved image recognition
  • 4.3 Recognition of living & dead eyespace patterns in scoring (bent four, ...)

Also, I uploaded a video showing usage of Baduk Cap under real-life conditions at the local Go club. Running on iPad Air 2, even with the poor lighting conditions, recognition was fast and quite reliable:

https://youtu.be/vBfprA8yqmE

Post #27 Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:23 am 
Dies in gote

• Version 4.4 brings iOS 9 multitasking - enjoy using Baduk Cap side-by-side with other Apps

• In China, Baduk Cap has been renamed to 围棋照相机

• For easy try-out, there is now a free version (without export functionality) available:

Baduk Cap Lite

Last edited by thombreSoft on Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

This post by thombreSoft was liked by 2 people: Bonobo, fireproof

Post #28 Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:53 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
Hi, thanks for the nice tool. One suggestion: in addition to 9X9, 13X13, 19X19 and corner, please give us the option to customize the size to be recognized, e.g., 10X19.

As it is, I can only use 19X19 for a picture of 10X19, and half of the recognized board (the other 9X19) is filled with white pieces that are not there in the picture taken. Removing those pieces is very troublesome. This applies to corner as well, as can be seen in the picture below:

The top 3 rows that are filled with white pieces should be blank. They are there because I couldn't tailor the number of rows (and columns) to be recognized to the actual problem. Hope this is clear enough.

Thank you!

Post #29 Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:25 pm 
Dies in gote

Thanks for your feedback!
Flexible corners got postponed due to the relatively high effort involved when going from square to rectangular board size ... until now! I have been working on this since the last release. The feature is already implemented and I will actually upload it this evening. If nothing comes up during testing, you can expect version 4.6 within around 10 days. Half boards (e.g. 19 x 8) will not be included yet, but will be available with the release after that.

This post by thombreSoft was liked by 2 people: Bonobo, ez4u

Post #30 Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:44 am 
Dies in gote

• Version 4.6 (now available in the App Store) supports corner and half board positions of arbitrary size
  • Version 4.6.1 with additional image recognition improvements was submitted for review

Here’s a video showing the new functionality: https://youtu.be/J7w3HeCn3WM

Post #31 Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:56 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 5
Was liked: 7
Thank you sir for an awesome app and the openness to suggestion. I've been using for awhile now and the recognition algorithms have improved dramatically. I almost never have to adjust even on a Kindle screen taking a pic from my phone which sometimes was a trick. Also real board capture is spectacular even in crappy lighting conditions with shadows everywhere.

The number one feature that has improved my play more than anything is the problem capture that I use to import go problems from all sources including books, ebooks, and the Internet. Then I can use the robust sharing to export into EasyGo and SmartGo (mostly EasyGo to use the timed repetition study method) to add to my problem collection.

Honestly this app plus EasyGo took me from straight up beginner to SDK in less than a year. Thank you much and highly recommended!

This post by Progenitor was liked by 2 people: thombreSoft, xiangz

Post subject: Preview: Baduk Cap Pro / 围棋照相机 Pro
Post #32 Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:55 am 
Dies in gote

Currently in development: Baduk Cap Pro / 围棋照相机 Pro

Have a look on youtube:

Attachment:
BCPro_Ad.jpg
BCPro_Ad.jpg [ 176.95 KiB | Viewed 15406 times ]

This post by thombreSoft was liked by 2 people: Bonobo, fireproof

Post #33 Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:50 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 8259
Was liked: 923
Universal go server handle: trohde
<hyperventilating> so this would enable us to record live games, right? Without having to press a button for every move? That would be … a w e s o m e !

I need 1) a tripod and 2) battery packs for my iThings :-D

Post #34 Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:23 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 235
Was liked: 77
Universal go server handle: fireproof
This is exactly what a few folks were wishing for during our last game!

Post subject: Review posted for Baduk Cap
Post #35 Posted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:07 pm 
Beginner

Was liked: 4
I just discovered Baduk Cap and was blown away by how well it works and how much it helps me in getting go problems into EasyGo. I don't normally review apps on the AppStore, but in this case I felt that Baduk Cap deserved some public words of support. Keep up the good work.

Post #36 Posted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:09 pm 
Dies in gote

@Tom, Matt:
I don't know about the battery packs, but, yeah, definitely the tripod!

You also need some patience - while I have most of the basics already in place, it will take more time to get this ready for release ...

@trgo:
Thanks a lot! I can't see it yet, but I am looking forward to my first review in the App store. :tmbup:

This post by thombreSoft was liked by: Bonobo

Post #37 Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:49 am 
Oza

Liked others: 8259
Was liked: 923
Universal go server handle: trohde
thombreSoft wrote:
[..] looking forward to my first review in the App store. :tmbup:
Oh, I realize that I hadn’t reviewed it there yet … did so today (★★★★★), should be waved through by Apple’s censors in a few hours.

This post by Bonobo was liked by: thombreSoft

Post #38 Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:31 pm 
Beginner

Was liked: 0
Before the 2016 Go Congress the AGA home page had several references to a program called "JustGo" with game recording capabilities similar to "Baduk Cap Pro" that would be demonstrated at the congress. The AGA news article also gave a link to a youtube demo of the program which showed the program working properly. Was the program in fact demonstrated at the congress? Did it work?

Post subject: Wanted: Help with Korean translation
Post #39 Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:46 pm 
Dies in gote

I am currently preparing translation texts for Baduk Cap 5.0 and have some more texts that need to be translated to Korean.

In case you know someone, who might be willing to help out, please let me know.

Post #40 Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:59 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 20
Was liked: 2
KGS: mvk20
IGS: mvk20
DGS: mvk20
OGS: mvk20
Universal go server handle: mvk20
Any news on Baduk Cap Pro?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next