It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Baduk Cap for iOS
Post #41 Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:00 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 9
Was liked: 32
mvk20 wrote:
Any news on Baduk Cap Pro?

I decided to postpone the separate Pro-App and offer the new feature for live capture of a game as an in-app purchase, so that it is also available for existing customers.

During the last year, I have been busy mainly with improving the reliability of the automatic move recognition. As soon as this is ready, I will release a first version with Baduk Cap 5.0.

To ensure a smooth experience during live capture, Baduk Cap 5.0 will only be downloadable on 64 bit devices (devices that are able to run iOS 11 - iPhone 5s / iPad Air or later).

This post by thombreSoft was liked by: mvk20

Post #42 Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:29 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 20
Was liked: 2
KGS: mvk20
IGS: mvk20
DGS: mvk20
OGS: mvk20
Universal go server handle: mvk20
Sounds cool. Do you have any ideas on a time-table?

Post #43 Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:48 am 
Dies in gote

mvk20 wrote:
Sounds cool. Do you have any ideas on a time-table?

That depends on how well the next round of testing goes and how quickly I can find someone for the Korean translation.

Post subject: Baduk Cap 5.0 with Game Recording & Improved Scoring
Post #44 Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:09 pm 
Dies in gote

Baduk Cap 5.0 is now available for download!

The update includes:
- Improvement of the scoring algorithm
- 'Game recording' (In-app purchase): Capture your game while it is being played!

Apologies to everyone who I kept waiting for so long. When I made the announcement for a game recording feature, I had a working prototype and expected this to be ready for shipment much sooner. However, getting the move recognition to acceptable reliabilty turned out to be a lot trickier than I thought.

Anyway, no efforts have been spared so that you can record your games without any manual interaction and thereby fully concentrate on the game, instead of having to fiddle around with pen and paper or manually input moves on your tablet or phone - which takes away some of your time and concentration and becomes impractical in a tournament situation, once you get under time pressure in the later stages of the game.

There are two modes:
- Automatic move recognition: Analyses the video stream for moves that have been played - the SGF is constructed in real-time.
- Automatic photos: Shoots photos at certain time intervals, for example every 20 seconds during the maintime duration of 1:15 hours and every 10 seconds afterwards. Moves can be edited manually, according to the photos, after the game has ended.

Both modes can also be combined: in the above example, a photo would be taken if the automatic move recognition has not detected a move for 20 seconds during maintime or at least every 10 seconds afterwards.

Battery consumption:
While automatic move recognition has a high battery consumption and requires an external battery pack to record multiple games, e.g. during a tournament day, automatic photos will only switch on the camera when needed for taking the photo, thereby reducing battery consumption to a minimum. I recorded a game with maintime 1 h for each player and the above described settings for automatic photos and still had 76 % battery power left afterwards.

All recorded games are saved on the device with moves and photos and can be manually edited at any later point in time, before exporting the SGF.

Regarding mounting of a phone above the board, I can recommend this holder. It attaches nicely to the table edge and its stability is just fine.

I hope you enjoy the new feature! If you have any feedback, feel free to contact me via email.

One final remark: As of version 5.0, Baduk Cap is 64 bit only and can be downloaded only on devices that are able to run iOS 11 (iPhone 5s / iPad Air or later).

This post by thombreSoft was liked by 3 people: Bonobo, fireproof, smartgo

Post #45 Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:33 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
KGS: msarrel
OGS: msarrel
Just bought the app, and I love it. I tried to live capture a video lesson from YouTube. The video of the board starts at 3:15.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Z6_H_ ... J&index=32

But, it didn't work. It never recognized any stones. I've attached a photo of my attempt below.

Has anyone had any luck trying to do this?

Ideally, I would like to download the video from YouTube then load it in to Baduk Cap for processing. Would something like that be possible? A similar feature already exists for still photos.

Attachments:
File comment: This is my setup.
IMG_0002.png
IMG_0002.png [ 175.98 KiB | Viewed 14321 times ]

Post #46 Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:42 am 
Dies in gote

This is an interesting use case … thanks for posting your setup! :-)

Regarding the YouTube video, it does not work for two reasons:
  • The video quality is rather poor (240p) and not sufficient for the current recognition algorithms
  • When variations are shown, multiple stones are removed from the board. Baduk Cap only supports removal of the last played stone.

At the moment, I am working on image recognition improvements - that might help with the first issue.
Enabling variations, however, would introduce a lot of complexity, both in the program and on the UI, and I currently do not see enough demand to justify that.

Post subject: Version 5.5: Machine Learning
Post #47 Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:43 am 
Dies in gote

Attachment:
Badeep Cap 16_9 small.jpeg
Badeep Cap 16_9 small.jpeg [ 262.69 KiB | Viewed 14058 times ]

Version 5.5 is available:

Baduk Cap now incorporates machine learning to achieve a significantly higher accuracy of the stone recognition.

With the currently used model, the reliability increases by a factor of 10.

Because of the leveraged CoreML programming interface, the update requires iOS 11.

This post by thombreSoft was liked by: Bonobo

Post #48 Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:54 am 
Dies in gote

It is time for an update about recent enhancements (versions 5.5.1 - 5.6):

• Settings have been removed from the central settings app and can now be adjusted directly within Baduk Cap
  • You can tap and hold a photo that you have taken (or imported from the photo library), move it around and discard it by tossing it away from the screen. This brings you back to the first screen with the instructions, settings and credits. (To undo, shake the device)
  • It is now easier to accurately position the grid corners, which is especially useful on the small iPhone screen - after adjusting a grid corner with help of the magnifier, release your finger quickly to keep the current position
  • Capture of problems from books:
    - the available screen estate will now be used to full extent for display of the recognized board corner
    - improvement of the recognition algorithm
  • Live Capture:
    - when you scroll through the moves of a recorded game, you now get haptic feedback
    - improvements to the move recognition and editing of a recorded game

As the number of downloads did not correspond to the efforts involved, I have decided - with a heavy heart - to discontinue the Korean localization.

Furthermore, the In-App Purchases for the ‚Scoring‘ and ‚Game recording‘ features are now available as non-renewing subscriptions with a one year duration.

Post subject: Baduk Cap for iOS: Siri shortcuts
Post #49 Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:32 am 
Dies in gote

Attachment:
BC_SiriShortcuts.png
BC_SiriShortcuts.png [ 403.02 KiB | Viewed 13295 times ]

Version 5.6.2 brings Siri shortcuts to Baduk Cap Pro subscribers:
Take a photo of your Go board with a voice command of your choice

This post by thombreSoft was liked by 2 people: Bonobo, fireproof

Post subject: Baduk Cap for iOS: Dark Mode
Post #50 Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:20 am 
Dies in gote

Attachment:
BC_DarkMode.png
BC_DarkMode.png [ 134.65 KiB | Viewed 13052 times ]

Version 5.6.3 was published with Dark Mode for Baduk Cap Pro subscribers

Post subject: Baduk Cap for automatic transmission of moves?
Post #51 Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:31 am 
Beginner

Was liked: 4
KGS: DamirM
I understood that the application is great for recording games in order to analyse it later.

Is it possible to transmit the recorded moves directly to an internet go server, e.g. KGS?
If not, is it possible to remotely get the moves on another computer and input it manually to KGS?

Thanks for good work!

DM

Post #52 Posted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:47 am 
Dies in gote

A transfer of the recorded game moves to a Go server like KGS or OGS is currently not possible.
For my own testing, I was transmitting the game moves from an iPhone above the board to an iPad, but this functionality is not released on the App Store.

Post #53 Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:51 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 235
Was liked: 77
Universal go server handle: fireproof
thombreSoft wrote:
I was transmitting the game moves from an iPhone above the board to an iPad

That sounds like an interesting feature! I hope the testing goes well.

Post #54 Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:12 pm 
Beginner

thombreSoft wrote:
A transfer of the recorded game moves to a Go server like KGS or OGS is currently not possible.
For my own testing, I was transmitting the game moves from an iPhone above the board to an iPad, but this functionality is not released on the App Store.

Thank you very much for the answer.

I really hope that the words "currently not possible" indicate one possible direction of future research.
It would bring a new dimension to this quite advanced project.

In your opinion, which server (KGS or OGS) would be easier to use for the transfer of recorded moves?

Post #55 Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 12:55 pm 
Dies in gote

DamirMedak wrote:
I really hope that the words "currently not possible" indicate one possible direction of future research.
In your opinion, which server (KGS or OGS) would be easier to use for the transfer of recorded moves?

Broadcasting to a server would be the logical next step for game recording and is definitely something that I already thought about.
When I last checked (a few years back), OGS was offering an API to setup a game and transfer moves. KGS on the other hand did not have such an API at the time.

Post #56 Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 1:30 pm 
Dies in gote

fireproof wrote:

You can see a video about it here:

Post #57 Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 2:21 pm 
Beginner

thombreSoft wrote:
fireproof wrote:

You can see a video about it here:

I have tested the application today. It took a little time to get everything right, but it is quite intuitive.
I borrowed an iPad6 and used a "side-view". It seems that each move takes some time to be recorded (live-video mode). The set-up (iPad sitting on a pile of books) was "shaky" and I guess that the combination "iPhone with a stand" would be better.

I have two questions:
1) does it work with an iPad Mini?
2) is it too difficult to implement the Chinese scoring (not necessary to count off-the-board prisoners by hand)?

Post #58 Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:28 pm 
Dies in gote

Yes, it will work with an iPad mini.
Chinese scoring is active when you set Chinese rules either on the second tab under ‚Info‘ or you can switch the ruleset on the result explanation popup that you get when you tap the scoring result.

Post subject: Baduk Cap 5.7: Share photos with development
Post #59 Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:03 pm 
Dies in gote

Here at the thombreSoft headquarters, we are always looking for ways to improve the experience for our users.

To support us with that, version 5.7 allows you to share images that you took within the app or imported from the photo library. Go to Settings > Support and flick the switch:
Attachment:
SharePhotosDialog_small.png
SharePhotosDialog_small.png [ 57.46 KiB | Viewed 12454 times ]
Your photos enable our engineers to identify problems and improve the image recognition and scoring algorithms.

(Yeah o.k., you got me - there is no team of engineers … it’s just me. :cool: )

This post by thombreSoft was liked by: Bonobo

Post #60 Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:46 pm 
Beginner

Hi,

We used the Baduk Cap with the iPad Mini with a Lamicall gooseneck tablet holder (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lamicall-Goose ... B07GQDQCKF) and it was fun - the games were played outside with some direct sun and wind. It seems that we overstretched the holder a bit, but - in general - it works great!

There is only one technical question when taking photos for the scoring a final position: once I take a photo, use it, I cannot find it anymore (at least not within the application). Is there some trick to re-use the photographs of gobans?

Good work!

D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next